Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 2: March 2009 - November 28, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yuck, dark, drab, heavy- everything that M-M is Not. Wear something that goes with your wonderful young royal personality- fresh, clean, light and bright.

Yes you are absolutely right. I just hate the way MM is dresses. Why the hell she is not looking for an fashion stylist. If she has not the money for it, she should ask Mary, Letzia, or Maxima. These woman know how to dresse. A woman who is representing a country should better take care of what she is wearing. She might be a nice person, but her clothing, hair and make up is just horrible. What a shame for Norway.

What a shame for Norway.
A shame for Norway... aha.

I somehow could imagine something worse then just wearing dark and not especially stylish clothes.
Well, but then we probably have a different understanding of the word "shame".

To be honest, I don´t think her way of dress can be a "shame" for Norway. She´s a great princess, IMO. If I were from Norway, I would be proud to have her as princess, not matter what she wears. There are much more important thinghs.

Mette-Marit is not a shame for Norway at all, and being Norwegian I am proud to have her as a Princess. She does great job on many areas and does not deserve to be called a shame for Norway based on how she dress. I usually don't participate actively on these forums, but I felt I had to reply on this.

She looks beautiful.
She's certainly not a shame to norway, i understand that her image is important, but isn't what she does in that image matter more?
She's a beautiful woman, who dresses wonderfully. Who might where too much black sometimes but it looks good on her. :)

Ok,the black coat and boots look nice for a daytime activity.She looks decent.
But this bag is awful,don't you think?

Her boots are really nice & casuall, they also look very comftable but too much black is going on.

Why, why does she always have to wear black for daytime activities?
I mean, if she had to wear black suit – fine, but why pair it with black stockings and black shoes?
The wall looks more vibrant and jolly.

Last edited:
Its a shame really, MM has very pretty features (face, hair) but her dressing is atrocious. It might sound harsh but honestly, she looks harsh, all in black like a mourning widow. This is an outfit that would have been ok after her father died etc but not for a daytime event.

Last edited:
This coat is absolutely gorgeous!And her black high heels look fantastic!I like pointed shoes during the fall/winter.The overall look is very elegant,imo.

Why, why does she always have to wear black for daytime activities?
I mean, if she had to wear black suit – fine, but why pair it with black stockings and black shoes?
The wall looks more vibrant and jolly.

I absolutely agree, Marsel. It just makes her look plain. :nonono: It's a pity because she really isn't plain.

The coat is very nice, IMO, but I agree that so much black is just boring...:ermm:

With the dark outfit MM wore her black (but imo very nice) coat (which Princess Madeleine also owns):
http://gfx.nrk.no/s1cgul51eb_hu-cBY4vLnw5tSI46nCc-Z_zfvYsolwQQ.jpg
http://gfx.nrk.no/8I4uw4_GCR9SRZ5ZBRL4FgQjkFFweRIju4c2tbmnLLww.jpg

The coat is nice.
Anyway: 5 out of 6 outfits MM wore in October were black (or dark navy blue)... it's defnitely enough already. She looks like a mourning widow.
Every winter I hope to see her wearing another colour then black.........

(Scanpix, Zimbio, Anp)

Lovely coat :wub:
Anyway too much black for CP.

With the dark outfit MM wore her black (but imo very nice) coat (which Princess Madeleine also owns):
http://gfx.nrk.no/s1cgul51eb_hu-cBY4vLnw5tSI46nCc-Z_zfvYsolwQQ.jpg
http://gfx.nrk.no/8I4uw4_GCR9SRZ5ZBRL4FgQjkFFweRIju4c2tbmnLLww.jpg

The coat is nice.
Anyway: 5 out of 6 outfits MM wore in October were black (or dark navy blue)... it's defnitely enough already. She looks like a mourning widow.
Every winter I hope to see her wearing another colour then black.........

(Scanpix, Zimbio, Anp)

Definitey enough black for one month. The gala dress when was that worn? :)

I like the black coat but she needs to where more colour. :flowers:

When a CROWN PRINCESS of a major european country in this position wears this much black it leads me to two conclusions:

a.) they dont trust their own fashion sense and go with black to be safe
b.) they are apethetic and too lazy to design a look for themselves.

Which ever it is, what a disappointment!

Thank you for the clear pictures, Larzen! I really like the Zara jacket and I love the fact that MM wears less expensive clothes.

Thank you for the clear pictures, Larzen! I really like the Zara jacket and I love the fact that MM wears less expensive clothes.
Love the whole outfit on MM. And thank goodness, no black tights! Also, he hair looks lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom