The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #241  
Old 09-24-2015, 11:04 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Sumter, United States
Posts: 1
Kensington Palace floorplan

I searched for this floor plan for YEARS, and now I am ready to pass it on!

Kensington Palace London 1982 Map Plan 6 The History of The King's Works | eBay
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).JPG
Views:	247
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	296377  
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 09-25-2015, 08:58 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,295
Excellent, tifedwards. Thanks for posting it. This is most interesting.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 02-09-2016, 02:26 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,896
Man dies after setting himself on fire outside Kensington Palace-
Man dies after setting himself on fire outside Kensington Palace - Telegraph

Police found the man ablaze outside Kensington Gardens-
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...n-dies-7336730

Just terrible that this happened.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 02-09-2016, 05:14 PM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,061
Dreadful, awful news...
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 03-11-2016, 08:00 AM
eya eya is offline
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 8,065
Royal superfan gets once-in-a-lifetime trip to Kensington Palace - Mirror Online
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 03-24-2016, 05:21 PM
PrincessofEurope's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: *, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,245
When we see Kate and Harry in the Queen at 90 documentary am i correct in thinking that whilst this was filmed in Kensington Palace it was filmed in their offices (which are in a refurb of Diana's old apartment) rather than their private homes within in the palace?
__________________
This is the stuff of fairytales

Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 03-24-2016, 05:59 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
When we see Kate and Harry in the Queen at 90 documentary am i correct in thinking that whilst this was filmed in Kensington Palace it was filmed in their offices (which are in a refurb of Diana's old apartment) rather than their private homes within in the palace?
From the background in Catherine's interview, it appear to be in their private apartment, rather than office space. I could be wrong though.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 03-24-2016, 07:55 PM
PrincessofEurope's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: *, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
From the background in Catherine's interview, it appear to be in their private apartment, rather than office space. I could be wrong though.

If so then it will be the first time i recall that cameras have had access to their private home. Guess we will get a better idea after viewing on sunday
__________________
This is the stuff of fairytales

Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 03-24-2016, 08:18 PM
Queen Camilla's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 1,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
When we see Kate and Harry in the Queen at 90 documentary am i correct in thinking that whilst this was filmed in Kensington Palace it was filmed in their offices (which are in a refurb of Diana's old apartment) rather than their private homes within in the palace?
William and Harry's offices are not in Apts 8 or 9 (The Wales family old home.)
The Dec & Ant interview was in Apt 8 which had been previously leased by four of the Princes' Trust charities including an art charity that William mentioned in the documentary.

At the time of filming of the Ant & Dec documentary apartment 8 was vacant as the charity had moved out.

Apartment 9 became the home of the Chief of Defence Staff.

After C&D separated, Diana took another 'apartment' for her office. It is possible that William and Harry's office was previously their mother's office from 1993 to 1997.
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 03-24-2016, 09:48 PM
PrincessofEurope's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: *, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
William and Harry's offices are not in Apts 8 or 9 (The Wales family old home.)
The Dec & Ant interview was in Apt 8 which had been previously leased by four of the Princes' Trust charities including an art charity that William mentioned in the documentary.

At the time of filming of the Ant & Dec documentary apartment 8 was vacant as the charity had moved out.

Apartment 9 became the home of the Chief of Defence Staff.

After C&D separated, Diana took another 'apartment' for her office. It is possible that William and Harry's office was previously their mother's office from 1993 to 1997.
i was confused as to the occupants of apartments 8&9 especially after this article and announcement
Princes William and Harry back in Diana's flat | UK | News | Daily Express
__________________
This is the stuff of fairytales

Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old 03-24-2016, 09:57 PM
Queen Camilla's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 1,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
i was confused as to the occupants of apartments 8&9 especially after this article and announcement
Princes William and Harry back in Diana's flat | UK | News | Daily Express
I saw this article and was going to post it but it is misleading.

The State Apartments were never the home of Wales.
Apartment 8 & 9 were joined to create the Wales home.
Starting around 2005 apartment 8 was used by The Princes' Trust.

In 2015, William & Harry were interviewed in a room in apartment 8 for the Ant & Dec documentary. I believe it might have been one of the sitting rooms in the 'apartment'.

The writer is confusing, is she trying to state the formal rooms in apartment 8 & 9 were going to be used by William & Harry or that the State Apartments were going to be used by W&H?

Here is a aerial map with descriptions.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...20_964x821.jpg

Kensington Palace has approximately 80 apartments.
Members of the BRF live in entire sections of the Palace.

William & Kate's current home is 4 stories. It stretches from the clock tower to the State Apartments. It is listed as Apartment 1A.

The Duke & Duchess of Gloucester live in Apartment 1. Only a portion of it is visible on the map.

Apartments 8 & 9 are 3 stories.

Apartment 10 is also 3 stories.

The majority of the other apartments are probably only on a single floor or there are several apartments on each floor. One of these apartments is probably where the office of William and Harry or Diana's post separation office was located.
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 03-25-2016, 08:02 AM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 3,914
The State Rooms of Kensington are in the public areas of the palace. The portion run by the HRP. You can buy a ticket and tour them. They have been used for the 100 Women in Hedge Fund dinner in 2013 and a reception for Centerpointe with Taylor Swift and Jon Bon Jovi.

The use of state with regards to the old Wales apt is wrong as it not the State rooms of the palace. However, we have seen the Cambridges and Harry use the space for meetings and interviews such the Ant Dec one, Huff Post take over, meeting the England women's World Cup team and Mrs Obama.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 04-22-2016, 05:15 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 3,643
So tonight we got a glimpse of one of the rooms at the Cambridge's apartment in KP.

Outside

Inside #1

Inside #2

Inside #3
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 04-22-2016, 06:23 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
I saw this article and was going to post it but it is misleading.

The State Apartments were never the home of Wales.
Apartment 8 & 9 were joined to create the Wales home.
Starting around 2005 apartment 8 was used by The Princes' Trust.

In 2015, William & Harry were interviewed in a room in apartment 8 for the Ant & Dec documentary. I believe it might have been one of the sitting rooms in the 'apartment'.

The writer is confusing, is she trying to state the formal rooms in apartment 8 & 9 were going to be used by William & Harry or that the State Apartments were going to be used by W&H?

Here is a aerial map with descriptions.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...20_964x821.jpg

Kensington Palace has approximately 80 apartments.
Members of the BRF live in entire sections of the Palace.

William & Kate's current home is 4 stories. It stretches from the clock tower to the State Apartments. It is listed as Apartment 1A.

The Duke & Duchess of Gloucester live in Apartment 1. Only a portion of it is visible on the map.

Apartments 8 & 9 are 3 stories.

Apartment 10 is also 3 stories.

The majority of the other apartments are probably only on a single floor or there are several apartments on each floor. One of these apartments is probably where the office of William and Harry or Diana's post separation office was located.
The apartments used by the royals all have a basement level, ground, middle and top floor. They are really large town houses. The word 'apartment' is misleading. I've read that in the case of the Michaels of Kent their basement has an informal family sitting room and offices for staff, the ground floor is drawing room, dining room and kitchen, the middle floor is their bedroom, dressing rooms and study and the very top floor was the nursery and children and nanny's bedrooms. Her children later used it as a self-contained 'flat' for themselves when they were still living at home. I have pictures of all of these rooms from various books and magazines I've collected over the years as I've always been particularly interested in this family. I don't have a clue how to scan and post them though.
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 04-22-2016, 06:49 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,365
I rather like the Cambridge's apartment, I think it has a cosy, family feel whilst still retaining an official, palace feel (if that makes sense). I love the colours inside in particular.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 04-23-2016, 12:08 AM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 3,914
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...on-Palace.html

Said look around article from DM. No 6 is wrong that isn't Kate on her wedding day but at the wedding of Laura Lopes. She is clearly wearing a hat so it's not her own.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 04-23-2016, 05:23 AM
Nico's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 1,852
The same room some years ago, when it was the home of Princess Margaret, then open to the public :

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...75_634x438.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-28D3YoVZ9q..._royaldish.png
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 04-23-2016, 06:21 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NN, Lithuania
Posts: 1,385
Cambridges have very nice room and good taste.
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 04-23-2016, 06:23 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NN, Lithuania
Posts: 1,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
I don't have a clue how to scan and post them though.
Simply took photos of your magazines
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 04-23-2016, 08:33 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Simply took photos of your magazines
How do I post once I've taken them? I had to look these pictures out and have just found them. I havn't looked at them in ages but they are very good clear shots from all over the apartment and I would love to share. It's a pretty grand apartment and Princess Michael has nice taste IMO.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Palace of Versailles Her_Majesty Royal Families of France 122 06-24-2017 03:14 PM
Your fantasy palace Alastair_r General Royal Discussion Archive 3 09-04-2009 01:01 PM
"The Palace" fictional TV series, 2008 Beck The Electronic Domain 19 01-17-2008 09:47 PM




Popular Tags
albania aristocracy best gown september 2016 best outfit birthday books catherine coel hen crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion death denmark duchess of cambridge duchess of cambridge gala dress duke of cambridge fascism fashion fashion poll jewels king abdullah ii king abdullah ii in new york 2016 king carl gustaf and queen silvia king willem-alexander monarchy morgan new zealand november 2016 october 2016 october and november 2016 picture of the week prince charles prince liam princess charlene fashion princess charlene outfits princess marie princess mary princess mary fashion princess sofia prince william queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia cocktail dresses queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia eveningwear queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen mathilde visits jordan queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania fashion rohan sally bedell smith september 2016 state visit succession sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats what ifs


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:44 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises