The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Do we usually get pictures from the x-mas lunch form inside the palace? Did the Duke of York daughters attend?
From vague memories of last year, we just had the pictures in the cars, nothing from inside

Old 12-19-2011, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Pre-Christmas lunch was today
Kate Middleton and Prince William get into Christmas spirit at Buckingham Palace lunch | Mail Online

Old 12-19-2011, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Do we usually get pictures from the x-mas lunch form inside the palace? Did the Duke of York daughters attend?
There was one year, i think probably 2005 or so, in the Queen's Christmas Speech, some footages of the Royals inside the Palace were shown.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 12-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the link, it seems a lot of family attended. Doesn't look like Edward and Sophie attended, but perhaps they did but weren't photographed. Nice to see The Duchess of Kent, she is so lovely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII View Post
There was one year, i think probably 2005 or so, in the Queen's Christmas Speech, some footages of the Royals inside the Palace were shown.
I think it was 2004 as Lady Louise was seen in it receiving a gift from the Queen, she was adorable with the Queen and Prince Philip, especially when the Queen was seen going, "ooohhh" and Louise copied her.

We just normally get images of the cars arriving, bit of a shame we haven't Lady Louise in the car looking cute as ever like last year.

Thanks for the links, it's nice to see so many of them attending. I hope Charles continues this tradition when he becomes King as it is probably one of the few times the extended family come together, aside for funerals and weddings.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe they were already there, Prince Edward and Countess of Wessex have apartment in Buckingham Palace

Does somebody have a link from that video footage with Queen and Lady Louise?
I have seen ,i think, some pictures of baby Lady Louise and Queen with present, but would like to see a video
Old 12-19-2011, 05:16 PM
Aristocracy

Here's a link to the video: Queen's Christmas Message - C-SPAN Video Library
Old 12-19-2011, 05:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Queen's Christmas Speech 2004

Lady Louise appears a couple of times in the video. She looks so much like Edward when she was a toddler.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks free2rhyme and Molly2101
Wow I really loved that scene . I would like to see more videos like this in the future
Lady Louise is just like little Edward and now like Queen when she was little .She will be a very very beautiful lady
Old 12-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Majesty

That video was precious . I love the 'oooh!' from baby Louise, and Margarita with her blonde curls, handing the gift with such a solemn expression . Wonderful glimpses of Her Majesty behind closed doors.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Serene Highness

According to this page every member of the family attended today except for the York girls and the Wessexes (although Edward and Sophie do have an apartment at BP so perhaps they were inside already),

The British Royals Message Board: Buckingham Palace pre-Christmas lunch
Old 12-19-2011, 07:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:

We don't see anything from inside - it is a private lunch.

I would assume that the Yorks attended - but as Andrew has an apartment in BP we didn't get any pictures of them arriving - same with the Wessexes.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Andrew was seen driving in so if his daughters were there I would have expected them to arrive with him. Neither were they seen leaving later on but I suppose it's hard to know for sure as this is such a private event.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's another gallery of pics of the arriving guests:

** gettyimages: The Queen Hosts Christmas Party For The Royal Family **
Old 12-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

It seems incongruous to see Zara with a ski cap on for a luncheon with the Queen, but casual has always been her style!
Old 12-20-2011, 12:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

I still have hope to see the wessex's cristmas card for this year.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Majesty

Her Majesty has arrived at Sandringham earlier today.

Royal festivities begin as Queen takes train to Sandringham | Mail Online

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Passenger train was HM's same mode of travel as last year.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Personally, I think it sets a good austere message, well thought out. Luxury days are a thing of the past, at least for now. Everything must be considered and restraint should be exercised where possible.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Majesty

Of course the rest of the party travelled by car - including the corgis. It if just the Queen who 'roughs it'.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Of course the rest of the party travelled by car - including the corgis. It if just the Queen who 'roughs it'.
This brought to mind an image of a car stuffed with half a dozen people and half a dozen dogs, suitcases, gifts, perhaps a tree and a case of wine... No wonder HM wanted to ride the train!

Tags
christmas