The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post

Compared to other visits, this one appears cheap in my personal opinion.
explain "cheap"? I really dont understand

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-06-2013, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I must say President Park Guen-hye gala dress was quite impressing. It was nice to see that William took part in this visit.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Compared to other visits, this one appears cheap in my personal opinion.
I do not understand.... at least the Queen took out some serious bling, i.e. her biggest Diamond brooch. If you mean the absence of the POW, well, you can see in some of the pics, that at least Princess Royal joined - and most probably also other (bejewelled) members of the extended RF.
BYe Bine
Old 11-06-2013, 04:21 AM
Heir Apparent

and senior government members, and the state coach and the Welsh Guards. I thought this was really a great start.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The state visit seems to be half-baked. The super hard-working senior royals did not care for this visit.
President Park Guen-hye looked sloppy wearing trousers. Her gala ensenmble is lovely.
I think the only senior royals who usually attend state visits and did not this time are Charles and Camilla. They were both on their way to India / already in India respectively for an official tour, prior to the CHOGM meeting in Sri Lanka.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:47 AM
Majesty

This was more impressive than the earlier State Visit this year - which only had a State Luncheon The Queen, Philip, Andrew and Edward in attendance (no bling as only The Queen present).

The British do State Visits perfectly, imo, - not over the top but formal and official.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

From the few photo's I've seen it appears that the Queen,Duke of Edinburgh,Princess Royal and Duke of Kent were all present at the State Banquet last night.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think I spotted Tim Laurence and the Duchess of Gloucester in a red coloured dress in the background too.

The Court Circular will enlighten us as to who was present

Quote:
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh gave a State Banquet this evening in honour of The President of the Republic of Korea at which The Earl of Wessex, The Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and The Duke of Kent were present.
No Sophie, what a shame.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thrilled to see Ms. President wear her national costume, she looked stunning.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:50 PM
Courtier

No video of the banquet?
Old 11-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I agree, the president looked stunning indeed.
As for the ´cheap´ remark: I think that that perhaps has to do with the fact that in these British state visits it is sometimes difficult to get a picture of all royal ladies and their tiaras. Since the British court doesn´t pose for a group photo before the dinner, we don´t see much of the other ladies apart from HM. It makes you wonder if the others were there at all.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I agree, the president looked stunning indeed.
As for the ´cheap´ remark: I think that that perhaps has to do with the fact that in these British state visits it is sometimes difficult to get a picture of all royal ladies and their tiaras since the British court doesn´t pose for a group photo before the dinner and we don´t see much of the other ladies apart from HM, which makes you wonder if the others were there at all.
Exactly. You have to look very hard into the background of the posed photos to even spot the other Royals.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Exactly. You have to look very hard into the background of the posed photos to even spot the other Royals.
Which is one of the reasons why I wish palace officials and the royal press office would help provide more coverage of these State Visits on the official Monarchy website. I'm talking about Live Video coverage or at least more photo opportunities. I totally understand the need to photograph The Queen and the visiting Head of State but I think they could also provide pictures and arrival coverage of the royals and other guest who's attending the State Banquets.

I don't think that's asking for much.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Which is one of the reasons why I wish palace officials and the royal press office would help provide more coverage of these State Visits on the official Monarchy website. I'm talking about Live Video coverage or at least more photo opportunities. I totally understand the need to photograph The Queen and the visiting Head of State but I think they could also provide pictures and arrival coverage of the royals and other guest who's attending the State Banquets.

I don't think that's asking for much.
The list is given in full in the Court Circular just put in 5th November

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...aysevents.aspx

The list is incredibly long from last night. I think perhaps in a world of instant news, people aren't always prepared to wait as much as 12 hours for detailed information.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:42 PM
Majesty

Video:
The President of the Republic of Korea, Her Excellency Park Geun-hye has formally bid farewell to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh at the Grand Entrance, Buckingham Palace-
Home - ITNSource News

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Courtier

VIDEO of the banquet at Buckingham Palace from Reuters:

Royal banquet for South Korean President | Video | Reuters.com
Old 11-11-2013, 01:38 PM
Majesty

Dr. Maya Angelou

Tags
duke of edinburgh, queen elizabeth, state visit, state visit from korea