State Visit from the President of China: October 20-23, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a difference though. Anne is a "blood royal" (I hate that term...). Have Tim been there without her?

I wonder (honestly, does anyone know?) has Sophie been at a state banquet without Edward?

The Queen Mother attended State Banquets in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s without a husband and she was not a blood royal.:lol:

She was the 2nd most important member of the RF.

Camilla has 10 years attending State Banquets.

She is not a novice.

The Queen Mother attended State Banquets in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s without a husband and she was not a blood royal.:lol:

She was the 2nd most important member of the RF.

Camilla has 10 years attending State Banquets.

She is not a novice.
I didn't mean anything about it. Just that it felt very unlikely. The Queen mother somehow doesn't count :p hahah

But Camilla being there would have been odd, it would really highlight Charles NOT being there. So I think it's smarter for her not to go if he doesn't go.

Don't know if this covers your question but it isn't about a relationship with China, its about understanding the technology and industrial sector, which Andrew does.

look at my post #96 on this thread

Thanks. It was the number 95!:flowers:

The situation is completely different. First, the Queen Mother was also the dowager queen. Second, she didn't have a husband to attend the banquets with her.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 18 mins18 minutes ago
BBC News - Prince Charles and his complex relationship with China

When, next week, the Queen invites her guests in the Buckingham Palace ballroom to stand and toast the People's Republic of China there will be one notable absentee from the state banquet.

The Prince of Wales. This country's next hereditary head of state. The man yet to set foot on the soil of mainland China.

But this isn't an outright princely boycott. The reality is more complex.

When it comes to actively avoiding showcase set pieces involving Chinese leaders, Prince Charles has form.

He didn't turn up to one in 1999. He chose instead to dine with the then Camilla Parker Bowles.
Read more: Prince Charles and his complex relationship with China - BBC News

The Dukes of Cambridge will participate at the banquet at Buckingham Palace?

The Dukes of Cambridge will participate at the banquet at Buckingham Palace?

There are no confirmation on them attending the state banquet (not routinely announced), but I think it's very likely that they will be there.

:previous: That procession by night looks wonderful. Imagine the red gala uniforms instead of the drab regular uniforms, and I think they should invent an event for a night time procession just for the looks of it.

On a more serious note: Do they usually rehearse the carriage procession before each SV, or is it something done only for the more important visits?

All of them are rehearsed. Not just carriage processions for state visits but everything else as well. Its a regular occurrence to see horses on the streets of London or Windsor rehearsing some sort of state or ceremonial occasion.

The procession rehearsal at night looked amazing, especially the pictures outside Buckingham Palace.

The procession at night looks really great. Pity that we will most likely not see a real carriage procession with members of the Rf at night.
I remeber there was also a rehearsal at night some days before the Cambrdige Wedding in 2011.

I've seen Princess Michael attend state banquets without her husband. In recent years I saw a picture of her arriving in her car accompanied by her lady in waiting because I think the prince was out of the country. Can't remember who the foreign visitor was on that occasion.

i just don't see how Camilla can attend without Charles. Where would she be seated? Her attendance would just magnify x10 Charles not being there.

Actually I don't think Charles and Camilla's absence from the state dinner will actually be a big deal to anyone there as there has been plenty of events scheduled for Charles and Camilla with the President and his wife during their visit to the UK.

From what I've seen so far, it seems they're really rolling out the red carpet for China's visit to the UK and that is a very positive thing.

State Visits before as for the former President of Poland Lech W. the whole royals were there, the 3 Kents, the Gloucester .

State Visits before as for the former President of Poland Lech W. the whole royals were there, the 3 Kents, the Gloucester .

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if all of those you mentioned in your post are involved somewhere in the various events that are going to be held during the Chinese state visit. Most likely though they'll be at the state banquet. We won't really know beforehand as its my understanding that the guest list is not released to the public.

This is a very big event between China and the UK. When William visited China last March on an official state visit, he presented the personal invitation from HM, The Queen to President Xi Jinping to visit the UK. It looks like they're definitely rolling out all the best red carpets (and the Chinese red flags too) and I'd be surprised if any of the extended royal family were left out. I'm really hoping we do get some photos from the state banquet.

They have been doing the flag of the visiting nation and the Union Jack on the mall for several years. It isn't something new for this visit.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I agree with the posters who said the rehearsal was a bit eerie. It looked wonderful and almost in tune with the Halloween atmosphere...

^^^ Yeah. Charles just happens to be in need of 'rest' on the night of the Chinese State Banquet lol.

^^^ Yeah. Charles just happens to be in need of 'rest' on the night of the Chinese State Banquet lol.

I mean..I'm not part of the Donald Trump crowd that will just believe anything, :ROFLMAO:

Frankly, I don't believe Charles even needs an excuse. He is not snubbing the Chinese president and his wife but on the contrary, will be not only meeting and greeting and welcoming them to the UK, but also lunch with them and have his own private time of discussion.

Perhaps its all been synchronized to perfection with Charles and Camilla remaining at home "to rest" :)rolleyes:) therefore putting William and Kate in a prime position to be able to fully participate in the state banquet as Will and President Xi Jinping will not only share conversations over dinner but also be seen together and put emphasis on the newfound cooperation that both countries are working towards with United for Wildlife's aims and purposes.

Maybe its only me but actually I see William's involvement in this state visit as more of a priority than Charles'. Out of all of the British Royal Family (and that includes HM herself), only William so far has an actual working relationship with President Xi Jinping himself.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but they could not find another excuse? Perhaps more believable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom