State Visit from the President of the United States: June 3-5, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It’s a shame that Trump choose Social Media to vent what should be behind closed doors frustration; a minute after landing in the UK he tweeted the Mayor Of London exclaiming what a bad job he’s done.

I really don’t feel like the realms of Twitter should be used in this manner, for any politician.

Trump is already hate tweeting about London. Even tossed in his favorite world "nasty" just for fun. Yall enjoy him these next 3 days. Good grief.

:previous: See what I mean??

The concept of DIGNIFIED SILENCE BEFITTING A HEAD OF STATE simply does not occur to him! How can his behavior be the fault of the "anti-Trump media"?? Do they force him to run his mouth?

No...they do their jobs and report his every utterance.

The President of the Philippines insulted the dead mother of President Obama in the crudest, most shocking language I have ever heard from a world leader.

Obama's response, when pressed to give one by the media?

"Interesting man".

Case closed .

Last edited:
Trump is already hate tweeting about London. Even tossed in his favorite world "nasty" just for fun. Yall enjoy him these next 3 days. Good grief.

The Mayor of London compared Trump to a ” 20th century fascist”. In other words, he compared Trump to Mussolini, Hitler and Franco. That is obviously preposterous . The news is though only that “ Trump insults Mayor of London”. ( because Trump is a racist and the Mayor is Muslim).

Of course, to be fair, it is inappropriate for Trump to call the Mayor “. a very dumb man”. Trump is very rude .

Last edited:
William and Kate are going to the banquet tonight and according to the White House they will meet with Trump. Kate will really have to put her game face on to exchange pleasantries with a man who insulted her. William too.

William and Kate are going to the banquet tonight and according to the White House they will meet with Trump. Kate will really have to put her game face on to exchange pleasantries with a man who insulted her. William too.

She will do her duty as the Queen has always done .

It's actually not that uncommon. The Queen of Denmark brought her son Crown Prince Frederik with her to Argentina only a few months ago, I believe that The King and Queen of Sweden have brought Crown Princess Victoria with them on state visits to some Scandinavian countries and the former Queen of the Netherlands brought her son and daughter-in-law with her to the Middle East. In the case of Queen Margrethe and Queen Beatrix I assume the reason for them bringing their family is that both of them had lost their husbands.

There is a actually value in a Crown Prince or Princess being brought along on a state visit. They are, after all, the next monarch.

But, this situation with the Trumps is just so Trumpian.

Melania is a class act, you can't deny that ...

There is a actually value in a Crown Prince or Princess being brought along on a state visit. They are, after all, the next monarch.

But, this situation with the Trumps is just so Trumpian.

Nico,it is all about how one defines class

Haha...comparing them to Royalty of the Blood is an insult to Royalty..
But further then that,I am looking forward to HM's speech tonight,
and then his...anything can be expected,maybe he tweets it all...:lol:

Last edited:
Yes, Trump is narcissistic and often rude, and he also makes erratic comments. However, that doesn’t change the fact the coverage of hiim, especially in the US media, is unbalanced and biased.

Meanwhile, it appears that Prince Harry, following on his father’s precedent during the Chinese state visit, will have lunch with the POTUS, but will not attend the state banquet at Buckingham Palace. If that is confirmed, it will be another unfortunate example of personal politics interfering with royal duties.

Then where are the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge? Surely as future king and queen consort, they should be taking the co lead on this visit since this will be their role as I am so reminded by Pro-Cambridge folk.

They may as well learn the game—God willing, they have another 50+ years of going to dinners with some unpleasant people.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are doing the State Banquet. Harry is doing only the lunch - and Meghan is doing nothing. The reason is obvious - Harry is a new dad and wants to be with his wife and child.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will be the greeters when Charles is King as that is the role of the heir apparent - certainly it has been a role Charles has been fulfilling for many years now during State Visits. Only when he has been unavailable has someone else greeting the visiting Head of State.

The Cambridges probably have around 20 - 30 years before they are the King and Queen so why push them forward into the role of heir apparent while they are only the 2nd couple behind the Queen.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are doing the State Banquet. Harry is doing only the lunch - and Meghan is doing nothing. The reason is obvious - Harry is a new dad and wants to be with his wife and child.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will be the greeters when Charles is King as that is the role of the heir apparent - certainly it has been a role Charles has been fulfilling for many years now during State Visits. Only when he has been unavailable has someone else greeting the visiting Head of State.

The Cambridges probably have around 20 - 30 years before they are the King and Queen so why push them forward into the role of heir apparent while they are only the 2nd couple behind the Queen.

I don't know, maybe because it has been the mantra over the last couple of years, even bypassing the rightful heir and his consort in the UK media and the social media and even here. Future King and Queen Consort here, different paths there, constitutional restrictions here, pecking order there, senior royals here, future Prince of Wales there. You can't have your cookie and eat too. Step up to the plate since the the buck should according to "the conventional wisdom" stop at their feet

Even before he landed on British soil, he slams the Mayor of London. Which will play extremely well with his base in the middle of the US. He’s going to unleash even more. Just watch.

Last edited:
I don't know, maybe because it has been the mantra over the last couple of years, even bypassing the rightful heir and his consort in the UK media and the social media and even here. Future King and Queen Consort here, different paths there, constitutional restrictions here, pecking order there, senior royals here, future Prince of Wales there. You can't have your cookie and eat too. Step up to the plate since the the buck should according to "the conventional wisdom" stop at their feet

I have no idea what you are talking about. The Cambridges will do what they are asked to do, which in this case is show up to the State banquet. The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall will likewise do their jobs. What does any of that have to do with social media and stepping up to the plate?

I have no idea what you are talking about. The Cambridges will do what they are asked to do, which in this case is show up to the State banquet. The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall will likewise do their jobs. What does any of that have to do with social media and stepping up to the plate?

See reading what you want to read. I said UK MEDIA and SOCIAL MEDIA and even here. In this days of age you can't dismiss social media, last time I checked Donald Trump just tweeted this morning on social media kind words about the mayor of London

Even before he landed on British soil, he slams the Mayor of London. Which will play extremely well with his base in the middle of the US. He’s going to unleash even more. Just watch.

Afraid yes...Untill someone unleashes onorthodoxly in return

His tweet about the Mayor was beyond rude and uncivilised at all rates.
Who does he thinks he is?

Btw,I do not like the skirt of the FL,it is Too tight in the behind...

I don't think Harry is a regular attendant of state banquet? How many times did he attend? And I can't see why skipping the banquet indicates his political stance. If he lets his personal feelings interfere his duties then he would skip the whole visit, not even joining the lunch (which he has a valid excuse to do so as a newly dad).

It is annoying to see Trump bring his children or let his kids involve in his job. It's like being a president is a family business, I thought it could be controversial and scandalous...?:bang:

I can't watch it live this morning ...for anyone who is watching what are the crowds like? Warm? Hostile? Indifferent?

Are the crowds sparse or packed? Are they flying that ghastly Trump blimp like last time?

I can't watch it live this morning ...for anyone who is watching what are the crowds like? Warm? Hostile? Indifferent?

Are the crowds sparse or packed? Are they flying that ghastly Trump blimp like last time?

No crowds.He flew in by helicopter to Buckingham Palace

The only upside to all of this, for me, is that I get a chance to see Catherine in her Victorian Order regalia.

I don't think Harry is a regular attendant of state banquet? How many times did he attend? And I can't see why skipping the banquet indicates his political stance. If he lets his personal feelings interfere his duties then he would skip the whole visit, not even joining the lunch (which he has a valid excuse to do so as a newly dad).

It is annoying to see Trump bring his children or let his kids involve in his job. It's like being a president is a family business, I thought it could be controversial and scandalous...?:bang:

Harry attended the State Banquet on occasion of the State Visit by King Willem Alexander and Queen Máxima last fall.

Certainly,espcially in the case of his son-in-law,who was denied secret service information as he's regarded as a security risk..

Btw,I think the skirt of the FL way Too tight!!
She forgets she doesn't have to sell herself anymore..:)..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom