The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-13-2019, 12:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen has been in Scotland for Holyrood Week and had a week full of engagements. As she always does she stopped at Sandringham on the way back to rest and have a weekend break which now also means getting to see Philip who was there. She is 90odd years old and I’m sure no matter how much stamina she has after a week full of duties and visits probably needed a rest. No doubt Harry and Meghan knew this, for Holyroo week is fixed, and had choice to either go for the date they did or pick another. They made their choice

Old 07-13-2019, 01:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
How many other couples in their 90s are there that can still say "your place or mine" with a wink?

Its not surprising that out of everything, their time together privately is still something special to the both of them and takes precedence.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 07-13-2019, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent

All the same, I think that since Phil retired, while he spends time with the queen he is still doing his own thing a lot of the time at Wood farm...But I think they are like that.. they enjoy their time together and time apart.. Phil problaby likes it that way
Old 07-13-2019, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
The Queen has been in Scotland for Holyrood Week and had a week full of engagements. As she always does she stopped at Sandringham on the way back to rest and have a weekend break which now also means getting to see Philip who was there. She is 90odd years old and Iím sure no matter how much stamina she has after a week full of duties and visits probably needed a rest. No doubt Harry and Meghan knew this, for Holyroo week is fixed, and had choice to either go for the date they did or pick another. They made their choice

I believe itís been reported that initially the Sussexes had picked a date while Charles and Camilla were in Wales, but moved it to accommodate them. Itís very likely that with trying to figure out a date that worked for everyone - Sussexes, godparents, Archbishop of Canterbury, Charles and Camilla, the Cambridges, the Queen, the DoE, and Doria, they were able to find two dates that worked for almost everyone, but not everyone. Unfortunately they werenít able to get everyone in, but thatís the problem with trying to schedule something that works for a lot of very busy peopleís schedules.
Old 07-13-2019, 01:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
How many other couples in their 90s are there that can still say "your place or mine" with a wink?
In fairness, how many other couples in their 90s have more than one home?
Old 07-13-2019, 01:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
In fairness, how many other couples in their 90s have more than one home?
Quite true. Or remember even where they live? Or even have a spouse they're still married to at over 70 years of marriage?

Personally, to get away from my "best half", I take a trip to the bathroom and close the door and run a nice, hot and aromatic bath and we've only been married for 22 years.
Then again, he's only 72 and I'm 67 and we be po' folks in a mountain cabin. Go figure.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 07-13-2019, 02:20 PM
Courtier

@ Osipi

I am a huge admirer of the Queen & I think her husband is too. Multiple homes might have helped their relationship remain cordial of course as it would for many others.
Old 07-13-2019, 02:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

I actually see it as a couple that adapts to each other's individuality. She's got her roles, he had his roles until he retired. She love horse races and he preferred at times to listen to a cricket match on earbuds while the horses were racing. They actually are a pair of shoes incomplete with each other but fit on two different feet.

I can't find it now but there is a video where the Queen is on a dutiful engagement and Philip winks at her and says something along the lines of "hey babe, how bout a date" and made her laugh even though she was in "Queen mode" at the time. This is their relationship. This is how he's her "strength and stay" through everything.

We all should be so lucky.

Old 07-13-2019, 02:53 PM
Courtier

Yes I think making each other laugh has been the bedrock of their marriage.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

Its not surprising that out of everything, their time together privately is still something special to the both of them and takes precedence.
It is wonderful to see that, to my way of thinking, time has given them a wonderful 'knowing' of each other and incredible respect for each other. There are lots of people that have been married as long as them but the successfully navigate the shark-filled fish tank that is their lives and still rise way above them is remarkable.

They personify the give and take and the work, hard work it takes to keep a marriage alive. For all that, they are as fallible as anyone else, they also as romantic as Harry and Meghan, only more discreetly.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I tend to take DM articles with a big helping of salt, but this seems closer to a possible truth than so many of the other speculative stories about reasons for an estrangement between the Sussexes and the Cambridges.

The timing also fits better-after the wedding seemed to me to be the time frame things got frosty.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-Fab-Four.html
Old 08-10-2019, 09:32 PM
Majesty

If it’s true a bad show on Meghan’s part.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:11 AM
Majesty

I wouldn't trust any story that is printed in that particular tabloid if I was paid to. Of course Meghan is going to be blamed! That's par for the course, isn't it?
Old 08-11-2019, 12:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
If it’s true a bad show on Meghan’s part.
Really? I got that it was Harry that was the problem.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
If itís true a bad show on Meghanís part.
And we are back to playing favourites and blaming Meghan for everything short of global warming. And why, it's summer holidays and royal sightings are rare as hens' teeth so the media is recycling old stories with new twists. The Daily Mail? Really?
Old 08-11-2019, 01:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

How is this news? This is the same crap that was printed after the wedding. That Harry had fought with the Cambridges over their lack of support. There isn't even a new twist, its literally just regurgitation of the old story.

They must be really bored with the summer. And maybe summer heat making them lazy. Could at least find some new way to twist it.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:45 AM
Heir Apparent

It's that time of year when the papers are starved for any royal news so recycling an old theme always seems to work.
As I recall the months and weeks leading up to the event exceptionally busy time for all involved prior to the Sussex wedding. Commonwealth Summit, the Cambridges in Northern Europe, Louis' birth and who can forget...needless drama from Meghan's father and step-siblings/nephews. Just days before the wedding, Thomas hadn't given a clear answer on his participation and then had his heart related issues.
If I were to play "armchair therapist" I would say that the very overwhelmed Sussexes (in particular Harry) were very stressed by situations that were out of their control and that were being played out in the media. Windsor Castle, BP and KP staff were trying to deal with the wedding preparations and the Markles. Over at KP the Cambridges were very involved with their two older children and a newborn.
Perhaps Harry and Meghan's frustration bubbled over and the reported reading of the "riot act" took place after the wedding and like we all do sometimes, they aimed their feelings at others. These things do happen in all family relationships.

Hoping that all has been more or less resolved for those involved.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks TLLK. This is what I was thinking about the situation of reports of a strained relationship. There was a lot going on in all their lives right at that time. Iím sure it was very stressful time for all of them.
And these events and timeframe seem to fit together better than the other reasons and timeframes that have been speculated on to explain the seemingly strained relationship between Harry and William.
When under stress, sometimes things are said that are hurtful to others and that can cause tension in relationships.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:05 AM
Aristocracy

How do they know any of this happened unless the reporter was in the room? What did the 'riot act' entail? Why would Meghan get involved in a quarrel between two brothers? So easy to blame Meghan in all this when the obvious tension is between William and Harry.
Old 08-11-2019, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Please note that posts discussing Andrew attending church with the Queen while the death of Jeffrey Epstein is the news have been moved to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post2245606.

Let's stay on topic...relationships between members of the British Royal Family.

Thank you.

Tags
british royal family, princessanne, relationship, relationships, siblings