What is your personal favourite documentry on the british royal family?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mohamad

City
detroit
Country
United States
I have read quite a few books on the ( modern) Royals, but I've also come across quite a few well made documentries on them. Older ones are better as they feature living contemporaries.

I did recently find and order the The Windsors: A Royal Family (1994 PBS) on VHS from eBay.

Anyone here have other documentries they care to recommend? ( Older ones preffered!)

There is an interesting one on Princess Alice , the mother of Prince Philip, I think it is called the “Greatest Secret”. If you google her name you should find it ok. She lived a fascinating life. It also gives background on Philip’s upbringing.

Elizabeth at 90: A Family Tribute. Just the royals and their extended family talking and reminiscing with some wonderful old footage, no royal "experts" or other commentators contributing. Touching, funny and enthralling.

Recent ones, “The Day the Queen Died” worth looking at.

Elizabeth at 90: A Family Tribute. Just the royals and their extended family talking and reminiscing with some wonderful old footage, no royal "experts" or other commentators contributing. Touching, funny and enthralling.

I would agree on that one as well, quite emotional at times.

This. I especially loved to hear from the Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra.

The Queen Mother: A Royal Century gives information about Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, Queen Consort, Queen Mother.

Back
Top Bottom