British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
UK_zps6c589394.png

Arms of The British Monarch

Welcome to The British Royal Family's
Current Events, Part 10

Commencing July 29, 2018

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

I think I spotted Harry’s cousins George and Celia too.

What a lovely summer day. Bride's dress is a great example of not my taste but really cute on her. And I love the wildflower bouquet and boutonnières.
That is nothing quite so fun as a summer wedding. And since we see the BRF so rarely in the summer, it is welcome.

I just looked it up - the Braemar Gathering is September 1. We can look forward to seeing some of the family then. Annual photos of QEII and the POW cracking up over the (I think) sack races, is something I always look forward to! Plus, kilts, heather, caber toss, a pipe band from Canada, this year!

Last edited:
:previous: Thanks eya.
It's nice to see the BRF together at Balmoral. It seems that the Wessexes are back in Scotland now after Sophie and Louise's appearances the other week.

According to the Daily Mail article, the Duke of Edinburgh hasn't made the trip to Balmoral this year (as yet, I suppose).
Is this concerning? Or should we not worry as HM and the rest of the family seem to be going ahead with the Balmoral holiday as normal?

I've always had the impression that Philip spent time away from Balmoral during the summer break. Its specifically has been noted when Sarah, Duchess of York came to stay at Balmoral for a visit but always had to leave before Philip arrived.

The Queen and Philip have a very comfortable marriage with each other that they don't need to be in each other's back pockets all the time. Perhaps Philip has projects going at Sandringham he wants to finish up before heading to Scotland? He's retired and his time is his own and what he does is no longer anyone's business but his own.

I don't see this as any cause for alarm. He's just doing what he wants to do, when he wants to do it. At 97 years old, he's entitled to that. :D

According to the Daily Mail article, the Duke of Edinburgh hasn't made the trip to Balmoral this year (as yet, I suppose).
Is this concerning? Or should we not worry as HM and the rest of the family seem to be going ahead with the Balmoral holiday as normal?

I wouldn't worry. Andrew is there with Beatrice so it is possible Sarah is also there. If she is then Philip won't be there until she has gone. If she hasn't gone up yet then Philip won't go until after her visit so that he doesn't have to go up twice. He simply won't be there while she is - it is why there are rumours he won't attend Eugenie's wedding.

I doubt that he will spend an entire two months apart from his wife and she won't leave Balmoral, except for a national crisis, until the beginning of October so he will go up at some time.

It is normal for the Yorks to go up early - around Beatrice's birthday - and for Philip to go up after they have left. Most of the family only go up for a week or so and some for only a weekend these days. Charles is the only one who is up there for the entire two months, staying at Birkhall rather than Balmoral of course. The Cambridges and Sussexes will probably go up for a week or so and stay at Balmoral with the Queen rather than stay with Charles at Birkhall.

I don't think he will either but there are reports to that effect in the media.

His dislike of Sarah is well-known, as is Charles' and William's.

I knew Philip couldn't stand her and it doesn't surprise me Charles has taken that position..but I somehow missed that William doesn't like her.

LaRae

Sad that Charles is rumored to be on the anti-Sarah bandwagon. It’s as if he wants to erase the 1980’s from him memory. However, if my memory serves me well I remember that he and Diana were behind the Andrew-Sarah match. Perhaps he is just jealous that his brother has a good relationship with his ex-wife. You could say many things about Andrew’s business dealings, but a few things are unquestionable — his dedication as a father and his loyalty as an ex-spouse. Also —- let’s it forget that Andrew has never been taped saying that he wanted to be his mistress’s tampon! Lots for Charles to be jealous of. JMHO

Where is the evidence that William dislikes or is Anti Sarah? Only that she wasn’t invited to his wedding? Was Mark Phillips invited? Charles Spencer’s 2 ex wives?

Andrew & Sarah separated in 1992. William was 10. How much interaction could W have had with her in the years afterwards? Not much.

I wonder if they still have the Ghillies Ball while the family are up there.

Thank you very much for that Larisa. I do hope we get a photo this year of Kate and Meghan all dressed up. And of course the other ladies. But even a balcony photo like they used to give us would be good.

Thank you very much for that Larisa. I do hope we get a photo this year of Kate and Meghan all dressed up. And of course the other ladies. But even a balcony photo like they used to give us would be good.
Unlikely. They do not release any pictures of the event

I guess you are right. The only photos i have seen are very old photo's from a balcony/gallery looking down, with the Queen Mother and Princess Anne dancing. Probably back in the late 1970's.
So really we must be due for a nice photo of the royals enjoying the Ghillies ball.
Can only hope.

TALK OF THE TOWN: Will Fergie and Phil make Royal Wedding a toe-curling affair | Daily Mail Online

Fergie arrived with Prince Andrew and the couple’s eldest daughter Beatrice on Thursday on her annual visit to the Scottish retreat. But in what appears to be very careful planning, she left the estate at 10.30am on Sunday after waving Andrew and Bea off to church and headed for Aberdeen airport in a Range Rover, while the Duke of Edinburgh, 97, arrived at 11.15am, to be reunited with the Queen. A Balmoral source tells me: ‘Her Majesty often has the Duchess for a few days at Balmoral early in her annual summer holiday there, but Prince Philip does not like being in the same building as her. He just can’t bring himself to forgive her for some of the outrageous things she has done.’

IMO the more fuss like this the more likely it is Philip will turn up and be nice and pie.

The practice of Philip arriving at Balmoral as Sarah leaves is hardly news. It has been happening now for a number of years.

I am sure he can manage to be in a church at the same time as Sarah without having to even speak to her.

As it is an afternoon wedding I doubt there will be two receptions so in all probability the couple will do a quick visit to the Castle for some photos before the evening reception at Royal Lodge, which I doubt that the Queen and Philip will attend - note they didn't attend the evening receptions for either William or Harry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom