British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is traditional for members of the BRF, and for some of Philip's German relatives to spend some time with The Queen and Philip during their two months at Sandringham, or Balmoral. They can catch up, spend some time together and just do family type things, without engagements getting in the way.

I didn't realise that some of Philip's relatives also attend after the festive season from time to time - interesting tidbit, thank you Iluvbertie. It's nice that HM gets to spend time with the extended members of the BRF at Sandringham.

Here's a video of H.M.The Queen arriving at St Peter's Church in Wolferton ahead of the Sunday service.

I don't wish to be pedantic but it's a shoot not a hunt. They are different events and the DM's writers & sub-editors often mistake one for the other.

I’ve always wanted to go out for a shoot. I like the idea of country activities like this.

Wait a minute...how are we getting these pictures? I thought private pictures of the royal family on the Sandringham House estate was banned? Or am I missing something?

Quite the collection of dogs w/ the group, labs mostly, but one near the Queen looks to be a dorgi?

My guess is that next Sunday will possibly be the last Royal presence at St Mary Magdalene Church for sometime as the queen will return to London after her Accession Day.

This shoot was well covered by photographers with long lenses!

I notice Princess Anne there with her bull terriers, one of which is clipped onto her jacket & wearing a muzzle. He clearly can't be trusted to refrain from eating the birds and/or fighting with the gun dogs.

I still don’t know how we’re getting these pictures. I thought private land pictures were banned from being taken or published?

I still don’t know how we’re getting these pictures. I thought private land pictures were banned from being taken or published?

The ban is just drones within a certain distance isn't it? I don't think they can stop people on public ground with long lenses.

There are no laws against taking pictures of people on private land, if the photographer is on public land. Thats what long lensed cameras are for. The can certainly be published as well.

The ban is just drones within a certain distance isn't it? I don't think they can stop people on public ground with long lenses.

Drones must be kept at least 50 metres away from private property.

The Queen and her lawyers do come down hard on photos being taken of the RF on private land in private time. They have since 2009ish though it has gone quiet on that front for a while, maybe a "gentle reminder" will be made to the press.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/jan/03/sandringham-security-confiscating-cameras-wrong

The Queen's lawyers have warned newspapers against publishing paparazzi photos of members of the royal family and reminded editors of privacy obligations made under a press code of practice.

Offord added: "Since the request the media have been extremely helpful and supportive by observing the house's wishes."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uk...-tough-on-paparazzi-in-royal-privacy-row.html

The new strategy is likely to be tested later this month when the Queen, accompanied by other members of the Royal family, enjoys her traditional Christmas break at Sandringham, her Norfolk estate.

Several freelance photographers usually spend many hours a day touring Sandringham in the hope of "snatching" photographs of the Royal family on the estate.

In the past, some "snatched" photographs taken at Sandringham and Balmoral, the Queen's Scottish estate, have been seized on by animal protection groups to suggest they the Royal family, many of whom take part in field sports, are cruel to animals.

Last edited:
The most surprising attendee is Mr Kissinger.

Last edited:
:previous: HM seems to visit Windsor a lot when she's not at Balmoral or Sandringham. I guess she missed the castle after being at Sandringham for a few months!

And still keeping active at nearly 93 by going horse riding every chance she gets. What a wonderful woman she is!

:previous: HM seems to visit Windsor a lot when she's not at Balmoral or Sandringham. I guess she missed the castle after being at Sandringham for a few months!
She spends most weekends at Windsor these days and is often joined by Prince Philip who spends most of his time at Wood Farm at Sandringham. Initially when Prince Philip was supposed to be "cutting back" he couldn't really manage to live at BP or Windsor because he kept being sucked back into the working milieu, thus the move to Wood Farm. Meanwhile, HM is cutting back and tries to keep the weekends for herself but, you know how it goes . . . . .

A bit hard to say for sure but the first two photos looks like Lady Louise. Daughter of Sophie and Prince Edward.

She spends most weekends at Windsor these days and is often joined by Prince Philip who spends most of his time at Wood Farm at Sandringham. Initially when Prince Philip was supposed to be "cutting back" he couldn't really manage to live at BP or Windsor because he kept being sucked back into the working milieu, thus the move to Wood Farm. Meanwhile, HM is cutting back and tries to keep the weekends for herself but, you know how it goes . . . . .

Didn't know that Philip spends time at Wood Farm when he's at Sandringham, which was the residence of Prince John for two years until his death in 1919. You learn something new every day!

A bit hard to say for sure but the first two photos looks like Lady Louise. Daughter of Sophie and Prince Edward.

I don't think so; she looks like a much older woman. JMO.

I think ..I wonder if that might be Sophie?

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom