The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #361  
Old 04-22-2019, 03:04 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Itís good to see Harry attend his first Easter Service at St. Georgeís Chapel Windsor since 1996. Charles havenít been since 96 and Camilla has never attended.
I thought C&C attended in 2006 and 2007. I seem to recollect seeing her in one of her elegant taupe suits and a lovely emerald and diamond brooch, and then again the following year in a lovely citrine and diamond brooch.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #362  
Old 04-22-2019, 03:12 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,769
O
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I thought C&C attended in 2006 and 2007. I seem to recollect seeing her in one of her elegant taupe suits and a lovely emerald and diamond brooch, and then again the following year in a lovely citrine and diamond brooch.
I don’t recall seeing them there during Easter Service. It’s been a long time for the Wales branch. They literally stopped going in 1996. That was during the turbulent Wales years.
__________________

__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #363  
Old 04-22-2019, 04:51 AM
Lilyflo's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I thought C&C attended in 2006 and 2007. I seem to recollect seeing her in one of her elegant taupe suits and a lovely emerald and diamond brooch, and then again the following year in a lovely citrine and diamond brooch.
Perhaps it's these events you recall:

The Queen's 80th birthday service in 2006
https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...hoto/117260527

Royal Ascot 2007
https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...photo/74810353

There don't seem to be any photos of Charles & Camilla at the Easter Service for those years.
Reply With Quote
  #364  
Old 04-22-2019, 05:43 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
Perhaps it's these events you recall:

The Queen's 80th birthday service in 2006
https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...hoto/117260527

Royal Ascot 2007
https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...photo/74810353

There don't seem to be any photos of Charles & Camilla at the Easter Service for those years.
You are quite right, I would love to see those brooches used again.
Reply With Quote
  #365  
Old 04-22-2019, 06:05 AM
Lilyflo's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
You are quite right, I would love to see those brooches used again.
Me too! I have a large brooch like the citrine one myself but in amber. Are both brooches from the Queen Mother's collection? I can't find any provenance for them.
Reply With Quote
  #366  
Old 04-22-2019, 06:24 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
Me too! I have a large brooch like the citrine one myself but in amber. Are both brooches from the Queen Mother's collection? I can't find any provenance for them.
My guess is they were. The emerald one had certainly been used by the QEQM, but I had not seen any evidence of the other one having been used.
Reply With Quote
  #367  
Old 04-22-2019, 03:12 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 51,635
.

Queen Elizabeth, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Wessex family were seen around Windsor castle today:



** dm article: The Wessexes at Windsor! Edward and Sophie relax with children Louise, 15, and James, 11, in the grounds of the castle while the Queen..**
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #368  
Old 04-22-2019, 03:58 PM
Molly2101's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,475
Rex has a gallery of more images of the family day.

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...indsor_castle?

I’m surprised to see their nanny with them. They have had the same nanny since Louise was born but I don’t see why they need her then when both parents are there. Maybe Edward and Sophie are going out somewhere after. Just a bit odd to see the nanny. Looks like they had fun though.
__________________
"I am yours, you are mine, of that be sure. You are locked in my heart, the little key is lost and now you must stay there forever."
Written by Princess Alix of Hesse and by Rhine in the diary of her fiance, Tsarevich Nicholas.
Reply With Quote
  #369  
Old 04-22-2019, 04:01 PM
Ista's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: the West, United States
Posts: 2,169
That doesn't look like a Western saddle to me, and the stirrup length is wrong for that anyway, so I have no idea what was meant by the Queen riding Western style. Anyone have any idea?
Reply With Quote
  #370  
Old 04-22-2019, 04:22 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,410
No way to tell from that pic if The Queen is riding western or english....the stirrup length doesn't really tell you.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #371  
Old 04-22-2019, 04:47 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 11,602
Nice to see the large turnout for the Easter service, especially since it was HM's birthday that day too. I also like that James is now attending along with Louise - both are growing up! Savannah is going to be nine next year which was the age that Louise first started attending the service IIRC, though I guess it depends on the child's ability to sit still during the service.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #372  
Old 04-22-2019, 09:48 PM
HighGoalHighDreams's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unspecified, United States
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
That doesn't look like a Western saddle to me, and the stirrup length is wrong for that anyway, so I have no idea what was meant by the Queen riding Western style. Anyone have any idea?
Everyone is riding English style in these pictures. I saw that description and my only guess was that they meant Her Majesty was not riding side saddle, as if in a parade.
Reply With Quote
  #373  
Old 04-22-2019, 10:08 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Nice to see the large turnout for the Easter service, especially since it was HM's birthday that day too. I also like that James is now attending along with Louise - both are growing up! Savannah is going to be nine next year which was the age that Louise first started attending the service IIRC, though I guess it depends on the child's ability to sit still during the service.
The Phillips girls attended church service this past Christmas at Sandringham

https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrit...2018/?slide=10
Reply With Quote
  #374  
Old 04-23-2019, 06:17 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 11,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
The Phillips girls attended church service this past Christmas at Sandringham

https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrit...2018/?slide=10
I know, I mean the Easter service, which is different from the Christmas service.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #375  
Old 04-23-2019, 08:43 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,932
They're too cute. My favourite pic from Easter.

https://twitter.com/lovecambridges_/...456388096?s=20
Reply With Quote
  #376  
Old 04-23-2019, 11:53 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
They're too cute. My favourite pic from Easter.

https://twitter.com/lovecambridges_/...456388096?s=20
Simply beautiful.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #377  
Old 04-25-2019, 05:43 AM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,336
The Royal Family @RoyalFamily 14 minutes ago
Today The Duchess of Cambridge, The Duke of Sussex and The Duke of Gloucester will also attend a service at Westminster Abbey this afternoon. #ANZACDay

Prince Harry has been added to the attendees for today's Anzac Day service at Westminster Abbey, alongside Kate and the Duke of Gloucester.
His last-minute addition makes it clear Baby Sussex is due any day.
__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
Reply With Quote
  #378  
Old 04-25-2019, 07:54 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 51,635
.

Here are two first galleries of the Anzac Day Service at Westminster Abbey today.


Princess Anne's husband Tim attended as well:


** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **


** dm article: Prince Harry arrives with sister-in-law Kate for Anzac Day service at Westminster Abbey..**
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #379  
Old 04-25-2019, 10:29 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
.

Here are two first galleries of the Anzac Day Service at Westminster Abbey today.


Princess Anne's husband Tim attended as well:


** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **


** dm article: Prince Harry arrives with sister-in-law Kate for Anzac Day service at Westminster Abbey..**
Looking at the body language between Catherine and Harry, who would have thought the two couples are at waR!
Reply With Quote
  #380  
Old 04-25-2019, 11:03 AM
Ista's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: the West, United States
Posts: 2,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Looking at the body language between Catherine and Harry, who would have thought the two couples are at waR!
Perhaps they are just very, very good actors? (joke)

They looked very much as they usually do: as though they enjoy each others company, and as though they are happy to be at this engagement.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
british royal family, current events


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
British Royal Family Current Events 5: July 2011-March 2013 wbenson Current Events Archive 1204 04-01-2013 08:35 AM
British Royal Family Current Events 4: March 2007-July 2011 Warren Current Events Archive 661 07-03-2011 04:08 PM




Popular Tags
administrator alqasimi aristocracy belgian royal belgian royal family chittagong countess of snowdon crown crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife crown princess victoria current events cyprus danish history denmark duchess of cambridge duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex dutch history french revolution future wife of prince hussein general news germany head of the house headship henry v house of bernadotte house of glucksburg house of grimaldi house of orange-nassau house of saxe-coburg and gotha jumma kiko king philippe letter lithuania marriage mbs meghan markle monaco royal monarchist monarchy monogram naples nelson mandela bay nobel prize norwegian royal family official visit palaces potential areas prince charles prince harry princely family of monaco princess benedikte queen mathilde queen paola rania of jordan romanov family rumania shakespeare south korea spanish royal state visit sweden swedish history united kingdom usa valois windy city


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:10 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises
×