Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-16-2019, 09:13 PM
Courtier

Who is the woman with her?

Old 02-16-2019, 09:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
HM seems to visit Windsor a lot when she's not at Balmoral or Sandringham. I guess she missed the castle after being at Sandringham for a few months!
She spends most weekends at Windsor these days and is often joined by Prince Philip who spends most of his time at Wood Farm at Sandringham. Initially when Prince Philip was supposed to be "cutting back" he couldn't really manage to live at BP or Windsor because he kept being sucked back into the working milieu, thus the move to Wood Farm. Meanwhile, HM is cutting back and tries to keep the weekends for herself but, you know how it goes . . . . .

Old 02-16-2019, 11:29 PM
Royal Highness

A bit hard to say for sure but the first two photos looks like Lady Louise. Daughter of Sophie and Prince Edward.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
She spends most weekends at Windsor these days and is often joined by Prince Philip who spends most of his time at Wood Farm at Sandringham. Initially when Prince Philip was supposed to be "cutting back" he couldn't really manage to live at BP or Windsor because he kept being sucked back into the working milieu, thus the move to Wood Farm. Meanwhile, HM is cutting back and tries to keep the weekends for herself but, you know how it goes . . . . .
Didn't know that Philip spends time at Wood Farm when he's at Sandringham, which was the residence of Prince John for two years until his death in 1919. You learn something new every day!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-17-2019, 10:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
A bit hard to say for sure but the first two photos looks like Lady Louise. Daughter of Sophie and Prince Edward.
I don't think so; she looks like a much older woman. JMO.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think ..I wonder if that might be Sophie?

LaRae
Old 02-23-2019, 11:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Andrew really seems to have taken to riding lately. I'm sure his mother loves his company as they go riding.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 02-23-2019, 11:46 AM
Courtier

I don't mean to dispute the story but I don't think the man riding with the Queen is Prince Andrew. To me, it doesn't look like him. The other pictures in the article are definitely Andrew on the brown horse. As to his riding more, supposedly it is because he now has to ride in the Trooping the Colour procession and needs to be more comfortable on a horse.
Old 02-23-2019, 01:23 PM
Courtier

Me too. The guy in the grey blazer is unlikely to be Prince Andrew. Moreover the Queen is extra careful these years and is riding only with a professional groom beside her.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Her Majesty The Queen will host a Reception for the 50th Anniversary of The Prince of Wales’s Investiture on March 5th at Buckingham Palace - In Attendance:
The Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall
The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex
The Princess Royal

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gertsroya...96184880955392

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-25-2019, 05:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Her Majesty The Queen will host a Reception for the 50th Anniversary of The Prince of Wales’s Investiture on March 5th at Buckingham Palace - In Attendance:
The Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall
The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex
The Princess Royal

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gertsroya...96184880955392
Why no Andrew, Edward, or Sophie?
Old 02-25-2019, 05:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Did Andrew and Edward attend the actual Investiture in 1969? That may be a reason if they didn't attend then so not invited this time.

I would have expected the entire extended family to be at this event but it seems that it is just Charles, one sibling and his sons and their wives - and his mother.

Maybe the list isn't complete either ...
Old 02-25-2019, 05:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm guessing they may have other engagements.

LaRae
Old 02-25-2019, 05:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps Andrew, Edward and Sophie have previous engagements, and/or they weren't considered essential to the event? Anne being there is the only thing that makes the other siblings' absence a little odd. Otherwise, it just looks as though only Charles's immediate family is being included, which would make sense.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:09 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Did Andrew and Edward attend the actual Investiture in 1969? That may be a reason if they didn't attend then so not invited this time.

I don’t understand how not being their in 1969 makes any difference to them not attending the anniversary?
Old 02-25-2019, 06:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

More might attend the reception. I do believe there will be more events to mark the occasion. Leading all the way to the actual anniversary, July 1st.

More info on the special reception-
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...h-anniversary/

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-26-2019, 03:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

If Andrew and Edward aren’t attending I would suspect its simply a case of their diaries being already full for that day.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

We won't know if Andrew has anything on that day until afterwards as he doesn't believe in letting anyone know what engagements he has coming up.

Edward usually announces his public events in advance - but May is too far for him yet.

This event has been in the FE for The Queen for some time and appeared on The Prince of Wales website for Charles and Camilla last week.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
We won't know if Andrew has anything on that day until afterwards as he doesn't believe in letting anyone know what engagements he has coming up.

Edward usually announces his public events in advance - but May is too far for him yet.

This event has been in the FE for The Queen for some time and appeared on The Prince of Wales website for Charles and Camilla last week.
I believe the reception is March 5 not in May.
Right now, Edward has engagements listed on March 1 and March 14, as well as some later in the month. Of course there may be more, just not listed.

Tags
british royal family, current events