British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where were Eugenie and Jack yesterday? I never saw any photos of them.

LaRae

Supposedly Eugenie was sick (like Camilla) so they couldn't attend.
So Jack missed his first Christmas lunch. :flowers:

Apparently they were out partying late the night before. Who was the blonde lady who drove Autumn Phillips to the lunch? They were laughing together in the car.

Apparently they were out partying late the night before. Who was the blonde lady who drove Autumn Phillips to the lunch? They were laughing together in the car.

This is purely a guess, but I think she is either a friend or relative who comes with the Phillips to take care of their girls. That same woman has been photographed driving into or from the pre-Christmas lunch with the Phillipses other years. The nannies of the Cambridges, Zara & Mike and Freddie & Sophie were photographed- and I think I saw the Wessex nanny in Edward’s car.

Last edited:
The Queen has arrived at King’s Lynn and on her way to Sandringham in Norfolk for the holidays-

No, The Duke of Edinburgh didn’t accompany her. He will probably arrive later.

Philip seems to spend most of his time at Windsor Castle these days.
At least, that is where he is usually photographed.

I'm surprised the Queen doesn't move Christmas celebrations back to Windsor since it seems their preferred residence.

Philip seems to spend most of his time at Windsor Castle these days.
At least, that is where he is usually photographed.

I'm surprised the Queen doesn't move Christmas celebrations back to Windsor since it seems their preferred residence.

Yes, Windsor and Sandringham is where Philip spends most of his time now. He just arrives at his own time.

:previous:
Perhaps.
I know it's been said that Philip is often at Wood Farm but every recent photo shows him at Windsor.

I don't think he spends much time in Norfolk at all.

:previous:
Perhaps.
I know it's been said that Philip is often at Wood Farm but every recent photo shows him at Windsor.

I don't think he spends much time in Norfolk at all.

He’s usually at Sandringham when the family is there during the holidays. Then back to Windsor.

Hopefully the Duchess and Princess Eugenie will be on the mend by Christmas!

I love the York Christmas cards.

Kinda weird not seeing Sarah in them. Lovely cards though!

LaRae

At first glance at the family picture in the card, I had to do a double take because at first, I thought Beatrice was Sarah. In that hat, she does look a lot like her mother.

Even though Sarah's name appears in the signatures on the card, I guess it was a concession to the divorce that she wouldn't be pictured. There's no mistaking though that its a family card. ?

At first glance at the family picture in the card, I had to do a double take because at first, I thought Beatrice was Sarah. In that hat, she does look a lot like her mother.

Even though Sarah's name appears in the signatures on the card, I guess it was a concession to the divorce that she wouldn't be pictured. There's no mistaking though that its a family card. ?

It's Eugenie in the hat.

Osipi, I find it odd that Sarah signed the Christmas Card when she was not in photos at all. Don't find it odd she is not included in picture as they are no longer married, just that her name was included. Modern ways, I guess. Something we would never have done in years past as against old "Emily Post" rules and regulations! I would have thought since she signed, a photo of her at wedding would have been enough if she wasn't to be included in the "new" family gathering shot. Anyway, all new ideas and I will admit I am enjoying each family's ways and their expressions of their own family unit now-a-days.

It's Eugenie in the hat.

Gaaaaah! My eyesight ain't what it used to be. Its not the first time I've gotten the two sisters mixed up. Thanks for pointing this out. :flowers:

Osipi, I find it odd that Sarah signed the Christmas Card when she was not in photos at all. Don't find it odd she is not included in picture as they are no longer married, just that her name was included. Modern ways, I guess. Something we would never have done in years past as against old "Emily Post" rules and regulations! I would have thought since she signed, a photo of her at wedding would have been enough if she wasn't to be included in the "new" family gathering shot. Anyway, all new ideas and I will admit I am enjoying each family's ways and their expressions of their own family unit now-a-days.

I do think the York family is something very unique. Its not often that you hear that the family has stayed together as a family unit with "the happiest divorce on Earth" and that the ex-wife is quoted as saying she's divorced *to* the ex-husband.

To be honest, I'd like to see more families like this. :D

Last edited:
I don't actually like the York Christmas card. It has an "everything but the kitchen sink" look, with a bunch of random photos. Sarah signing the card without being in one of the photos is the least of the problems with this card. I much prefer one strong, well composed photo rather than something that looks piecemeal.

I don't actually like the York Christmas card. It has an "everything but the kitchen sink" look, with a bunch of random photos. Sarah signing the card without being in one of the photos is the least of the problems with this card. I much prefer one strong, well composed photo rather than something that looks piecemeal.

I agree, it'all over the place. There's no one theme that ties the pictures together e.g.if there was the black and white one and the rest were wedding pics then fair enough but we also have Andrew at Trooping and then a random one of the girls at a party. I also think that if Sarah signed it she ought to be in at least one picture as it's clearly from her as much as it's from the rest of them.

I also think that if Sarah signed it she ought to be in at least one picture as it's clearly from her as much as it's from the rest of them.

I agree with this. She's either part of the family, or she's not. I think if she's signing the card, then she's good enough to be included in at least one of the photos, perhaps as someone upthread said, one of the wedding photos, where at least her presence makes sense. I wonder how she feels about being only partially included?

Sometimes it’s Sarah that’s taking the pics. Sometimes it’s Andrew.

I agree, it'all over the place. There's no one theme that ties the pictures together e.g.if there was the black and white one and the rest were wedding pics then fair enough but we also have Andrew at Trooping and then a random one of the girls at a party. I also think that if Sarah signed it she ought to be in at least one picture as it's clearly from her as much as it's from the rest of them.

I think the photos were mostly from important events this year in the York family. Obviously the wedding was the major event, but Andrew riding at Trooping was memorable as it was his first time riding in it as he had become a Royal colonel.

"Prince Andrew took on the role as Colonel of the Grenadier Guards in December after his father, Prince Philip, retired from public life."
https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...ess-of-york-prince-andrew-trooping-the-colour

Maybe the one of the Beatrice and Eugenie was at an event that was important to them-the photo looks familiar but I can't place the event right now.

I agree, that since Sarah signed the card, she should have been included in a wedding photo.

Beyond silly. If Meghan had strong ethical or moral objections to hunting she'd of never gotten into a long term relationship with him let alone married into a family with a strong tradition of hunting. Harry is a grown man..if he wants to hunt he will..and even if she personally doesn't like him, she will let him do it.

LaRae

We’ll probably be seeing The Queen and a few members of the family attending church tomorrow at Sandringham. Everyone most likely haven’t arrived yet.

Reactions: hel

I also thought Eugenie was Sarah. It's amazing how much alike they look, especially once you hide Eugenie's hair with a hat. :)

I'm pretty sure this is not the first time a photo of Sarah hasn't been included in the card. I'm not sure there was one last year, either.

We’ll probably be seeing The Queen and a few members of the family attending church tomorrow at Sandringham. Everyone most likely haven’t arrived yet.
We didn't see any. Maybe it was not today but on the 24th or 25th?

Seems unusual, we know the queen is in residence and she always attends church. Ironically from now onwards we’ll get weekly pics. Maybe the media haven’t twigged that its a Sunday!

The Queen, The Countess of Wessex and Lady Louise were at church today. There’s pics on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom