The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-16-2015, 04:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
In one photo I see the Duchess of Gloucester driving her & the Duke into the palace. What is up with that? Usually it is the husband who drives...
The Duke drove when they left the lunch. Perhaps she just picked him up somewhere and they did not change seats. Or perhaps, she may just be the better driver.

Old 12-16-2015, 04:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone know if that is Marina with Princess Alexandra?

Old 12-16-2015, 04:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
In one photo I see the Duchess of Gloucester driving her & the Duke into the palace. What is up with that? Usually it is the husband who drives...
They've let a married woman drive a car?
Old 12-16-2015, 04:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Yes, absolutely disgraceful!
I often drive our family, as I rarily drink and my husband enjoys a beer.
Old 12-16-2015, 04:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post

I just thought it unusual. I would say of all the husbands & wives I know, it is always the husband who drives.

Plus IIRC at one point didn't the Duke have his license suspended for speeding? I thought maybe he'd gotten caught again.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

A previous poster said it was nice to see a picture of Lady Davina Lewis and her children but I haven't seen one on any of the links. Would appreciate if someone posted it.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Who was then missing apart from William?
Old 12-16-2015, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent

As the blonde in the car is Gabriella, I would think it a pretty safe bet it is her niece Maude.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Who was then missing apart from William?
Seems Anne was just not pictured but Peter, Edward, Andrew, Bea, Louise and James were not there for the main royals. I think Bea is in the US working isn't she? James, Louise and some of the other kids are likely at school.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Edward was there at the lunch. There are photos of him driving to the party.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:53 PM
Royal Highness

When they left the Tindall car was packed with presents, is it true that they will be spending Christmas in Australia this year?
Old 12-16-2015, 07:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Seems Anne was just not pictured but Peter, Edward, Andrew, Bea, Louise and James were not there for the main royals. I think Bea is in the US working isn't she? James, Louise and some of the other kids are likely at school.
I thought I saw pictures of Edward and Andrew both driving. Andrew with Eugenie? And I have this vague memory that we speculated about Louise last year? Could have come from school not with Mom and Dad. If so, could have been James too this year?
Old 12-16-2015, 07:21 PM
Royal Highness

Cue The Queen: Celebrating the Christmas Speech - BBC One Monday 19:00.
BBC One - Cue The Queen: Celebrating the Christmas Speech

BBC - Cue The Queen: Celebrating The Christmas Speech - Media Centre
Quote:
To herald the year that Queen Elizabeth II became Britain’s longest reigning monarch, Kirsty Young takes a unique look at the story of the Royal Christmas broadcast and how the tradition, started by King George V in 1932, has found a place at the heart of Christmas Day.
At 3pm on Christmas day, every year families across the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth gather to watch Her Majesty The Queen deliver her Christmas message.

In this first documentary of its kind, Kirsty Young takes a unique look at the history of the broadcast, and with fascinating archive and interviews uncovers the history of this much-loved Christmas event. Beginning with tentative steps in the early days of the wireless, then providing reassurance during the uncertainty of the Second World War, it has become The Queen’s televised message that we all know and love and reflects the social and technological changes that three generations of the monarchy have witnessed over the past 80 years.

Kirsty talks to Sir David Attenborough, who directed five of The Queen’s Christmas Messages in the 1980s, and also Mark Logue, who has extraordinary diaries and photographs of his grandfather Lionel Logue (the King's speech therapist) who was present at Sandringham for King George VI’s first Christmas broadcast in 1937. The documentary also tells the story of the unknown poet who became an overnight sensation in 1939, when her poem was used in the King's Christmas broadcast.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

You can see George a bit better here, with Harry driving and the nanny in the back
http://36.media.tumblr.com/d48fe6d34...k66eo1_500.jpg
Old 12-16-2015, 07:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Regarding the Christmas lunch; maybe Anne (and Tim) had arrived earlier at BP. I do like to see this sort of gathering where all the members of the Windsor extended family can catch up each year. It must be great for the younger ones especially.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Regarding the Christmas lunch; maybe Anne (and Tim) had arrived earlier at BP. I do like to see this sort of gathering where all the members of the Windsor extended family can catch up each year. It must be great for the younger ones especially.
Anne and Sophie had engagements.

Anne was at the International Horse Show at Olympia, Hammersmith, London.

Sophie was seen arriving but not Anne. Tim arrived on foot without Anne.

After 65 years, Anne probably knows BP inside and out and can 'sneak' in without being noticed.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Hopefully, I'll be able to watch the programme.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-16-2015, 10:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I thought I saw pictures of Edward and Andrew both driving. Andrew with Eugenie? And I have this vague memory that we speculated about Louise last year? Could have come from school not with Mom and Dad. If so, could have been James too this year?
St. George's, the school Louise attends at least not sure about James, is in term until tomorrow (the 17th). Perhaps the kids didn't want to miss the last day of classes with their friends to go to an event in London?
Old 12-16-2015, 10:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
When they left the Tindall car was packed with presents, is it true that they will be spending Christmas in Australia this year?
Don't know about this year, but she spent last Christmas in Australia. She has presented a sailing cup award for the past 2 years. The event is in January but she went early last year. I don't know if they are doing the same this year.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:06 AM
Serene Highness

Lovely, relaxed, picture for Charles and Camilla's Christmas card this year
Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall look relaxed in Christmas card | Daily Mail Online

Tags
christmas