Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 32: January - February 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ladejesus said:
There's a certain beauty in some of the LFI pics that I hadn't seen in Letizia in a very long time. It's as if this tragedy has made her stronger.

In all the so elogious words that I'm just to read - elogious because the situation is so exceptional as equal the Princess of Asturias- you had find so kind words to say how a deep feeling can give a beaty more in the expression.

I agree with you the princess of Asturias has the features a bite transformed by the tragedy, not in a tragic sens but in a deeper beauty, something as a droop of real in her raphaelic madone face.

The Prince too, is catching in his eyes this "je ne sais quoi" of the life's drama who he has yet saw in the eyes of other people, but obviously never in the eyes of his beloved woman.

This very crual part of adversity lifed by the Princes in thier private life is a fight more for their public life. They deserve our respect and admiration!

Last edited:
I think it's good for her to keep her mind off of what happened, so it won't take over her daily life, you know what I mean?

This is just another reason why I admire her so much.

You're so right adelaide, your words are so .. deep!

I admire you too.. :) :flowers:

Letizia may be much more comfortable next to her husband than being home without him. They seem to gather lots of strength from each other.

Letizia has always shown a great interest at the projects of the Cervantes Institutes. She probably didn't want to miss the meeting. Last year I read that the opening of the Cervantes Institute in New Delhi (India) was in Feb, it looks like the trip has been postponed to the fall of this year so that Letizia can attend.

La Princesa vuelve al trabajo. eldiariomontanes.es

(...)

Sources of the Zarzuela's Palace showed that it was Letizia Ortiz who decided to indeed accompany to the crownprince the day of San Valentin.

“When she's well, she tries to attend the programmed acts; in the morning one rose with spirit and she decided to be next to his husband”. The same sources confirmed the weakness that Princes de Asturias have by the Cervantes Institute. In fact, Don Felipe has inaugurated all the centers that have been opened in the world from 2001. First it made it single, later with his woman. “The Princes consider the work very important that the Cervantes is making in the propagation and consolidation of our language”, they said from Zarzuela.

planetcher said:
I think it's good for her to keep her mind off of what happened, so it won't take over her daily life, you know what I mean?

i do, and great point there! especially at her current delicate state [the pregnancy, i mean].

Article and video from "ABC":

ABC.es: nacional - nacional - La Princesa reaparece tras la muerte de su hermana

And the gallery of pics:

La Princesa retoma su agenda

Not the most important here, but... Is there anything special about the new seat of the Institute in Madrid? About the building itself? Because we have many pics, and it's also noticeable in the videos, that both Felipe and Letizia were looking many times up, at the ceiling, and talking about it with the people who work there. I'm sure the building is very modern and/or beautiful, but what about that ceiling? :lol: :ROFLMAO:

Mari_* said:
This is just another reason why I admire her so much.

You're so right adelaide, your words are so .. deep!

I admire you too.. :) :flowers:

Many thanks for your kind words. As yourself has telling the Princess of Asturias is an exceptionnal woman, not because she is doing exceptionnal things but only because she doing very sensible actions with grace and elegancy. As you know it's difficult to accept that a very beautifull woman could to be inteligent, sensitive, listeninge in to the preoccupations of all fields of her country and her fellow citizens.

Sometimes, I'm feeling me quiet boring because I'm repeating all days long that the Princes of Asturias are very extraordinary personnes, Felipe the bad knew or only as the son behind his father, because by the election of Letizia as futur Queen of Spain he is given a lesson of liberty of thaugh and action in a country still reactionnary in some fields; Letizia, this so arrogant and ambicious woman marying a Crown Prince and giving to him the salt of the earth: love, laugh and life.

Yes some time it's not laugh neither glamour, but I'm deeply convinced that their are, with their dedication for themselves and their country, a glorious futur for Spain.....and don't forget, they are making so charming little girl!!!!:wub:

In my opinion if a thing like this happen to another Royal Princess she will be on dutty just after one week, for sure!Life must go on and the public has no fault on waht has happened!

thanks for the photos,I am glad to return to see letizia and to see it but calm.

biboquinhas said:
In my opinion if a thing like this happen to another Royal Princess she will be on dutty just after one week, for sure!Life must go on and the public has no fault on waht has happened!

I really don't think so at all. I think she would be given some time to grieve especially if it's something of this magnitude happened. It's not about their public, it's about themselves. Anyone, princess or not, has a right to grieve over a death of a loved one. Here in the US you can actually file for bereavement leave at work.

biboquinhas said:

Well, personally, i disagree somewhat. i think it depends on the inner strength of that particular princess. she has to be able to handle herself appropriately in such official events.

in the case of Letizia, I think she handle herself beautifully. you can see her personal grief with those sad smiles; but she kept her emotion in check and performed her duty smoothly throughout the event. I truly doubt that every princess will not break down and cry right in front of the camera when people in the event try to offer the princess their condolence (I'm sure many people did just that to Letizia). It's very brave of her, BRAVO!

Last edited:
adelaide said:
Yes some time it's not laugh neither glamour, but I'm deeply convinced that their are, with their dedication for themselves and their country, a glorious future for Spain.....and don't forget, they are making so charming little girls!!!!:wub:

Defenitely.. :)

YanJP said:
you can see her personal grief with those sad smiles

Those sad smiles break my heart.. :sad: Poor Leti..

letizia's make up during her last visit was superb... so natural and flattering. i'm also glad she looked better than some days ago. in one of the videos they mentioned how she wanted to get back to her duties as soon as possible, perhaps to get back into routine to help her feel better...

biboquinhas said:

What do you want to say?
I'm very sorry to note that you are going on to maintain some peculiar truth totally impossible to demonstrate about all is doing the Princess of Asturias . I'm very desapointing to say to you that you are procceeding by affirmations and prejudices. As an opinion it's your absolute right, as a game, it's a little bite too systematic to be convincing and funny and to end as a provocation, it's too automatic to be relevant.

But let us serious you, you are expressing a very intersting opinion and me, I'm telling so biaised words that nobody can find topic my porposes, isen't ?

biboquinhas said:

Where do you on earth come from ??? Are you a 16-old in the middle of her adolesence crisis, rebelling and protesting about everything ANYONE's common sense says ???
I'm just having a lot of difficulties understanding this kind of theories, it's simply... enorm :shock: !!!

Just to add some fuel to the fire, I can't help saying that at most jobs employes get a two- or three-day leave for the death of a close relative. Daily life shows that returning to the regular activities isn't such a superhuman deed, as unfortunately a lot of people have got to do it even if they are pregnant and have been through the most tragic blow, or else they will lose their job.

In this case, I think it was a clever decision on her part. If she had waited too long the expectation would have been to much to bear. Now she has appeared for the media and she can rest for a few weeks.

Duncan, this is the typical demagogic speech, which often proves not be true. I would say to you the evidence, of which no normal woman is submitted to the pressure that Letizia has, and that it is sure that if there dies the sister of my neighbor the press isn´t going to do even case to her.

There are many persons, who before the death of a relative, end up by asking for a fall in their works because they need time to recover. The law gives you days according to several factors, but the law does not calculate in that level this death has affected you.

The same thing in case of the pregnant women, there are women who have marvellous pregnancies and continue working. But there are many women's cases with bad pregnancies, with multiple problems, which have to limit their activity or which enclosed they have to pass months in bed .. for the good of their babies. It remembers to a journalist corset of television, which was pregnancy, and she was saying that she continued working ... later she had to bite her tongue because the doctor ordered her rest and had to stop working.

Every person is different, and in equal situations there are no two persons who react equally.

From the beginning of this pregnancy the Princess has had many inconveniences, which have limited her public activity. The death of her sister, totally unexpected and tragic, and everything what has exist around it has had to destroy to the family.

In these circumstances, the easy thing is to hide and to shut , because in addition the people understand it; and nevertheless she has not done it, and it is worth valuing. That having the easy option, do not choose it. And assurance that in Zarzuela, many people would sleep calmer if she was doing it.

Last edited:
Well, lula, true or not Letizia's parents also went back to work. Life must go on. Letizia's choice of going back to daily activities might have been difficult, but I think it will make her life easier in the next weeks. In my opinion, as I said, it was the right decision, and of course it was brave.

On another topic, the woman in the funky grey outfit that appears in many of the pictures at the Cervantes Institute is Leire Pajín, the Secretary of State for International Cooperation. She also was with the Queen in Asia when she learned the sad news.

Last edited:
God, Letizia is truly a very professional personality:ohmy: I'm stunned that she can do official engagements a week after her sister comitted suicide.. I don't know how she handles it and accepts all that happened happened, but what she does is a very deep thing . She's exceptional.

Missaga, it's not proved that Erika comitted suicide. Please can you respect it ? I hope I don't bless you saying that but we don't have to relate a special press and expect the true if her family wants to give it public.
Many thanks.
I agree with you Letizia is a very professional personality

Lunalu said:
Where do you on earth come from ??? Are you a 16-old in the middle of her adolesence crisis, rebelling and protesting about everything ANYONE's common sense says ???
I'm just having a lot of difficulties understanding this kind of theories, it's simply... enorm :shock: !!!
No I'am really 32 years old! I was just expression my opinion, and has someone said here normal people ussualy have three or four days out of work so why Princess Letizia should have more?
I'am not protesting about anything I'am just saying my opinion has everyone here, the problem is that my opinion is different from yours! I apologise for that!

biboquinhas said:
No I'am really 32 years old! I was just expression my opinion, and has someone said here normal people ussualy have three or four days out of work so why Princess Letizia should have more?
I'am not protesting about anything I'am just saying my opinion has everyone here, the problem is that my opinion is different from yours! I apologise for that!

No, definitly not that your were saying was not an opinion, it's a postulate.

An opinion is the legitime expression of your thaught based upon some acts/truths/ and any tangible things; a postulate is the expression that we can have about ideas, human beings, things which is the reflexion of your thaught or of theoarical thaught.

As far as we can tell that we know - in a so little way- the other Crowns Princesses, nothing allowed us to pretend that in a so tragic case, they WILL go on to her work 8 days after such a tragedy!

Right!

Dear, Duncan,

To end with the topic of 80% of pregnant women are going to work until quiet the eve of the aby's birth, it's right, it's normal because pregnancy is not an illness.

But at least 20% of pregnant woman are obliged to stay home and some time to keep bed, do you know that?

About the topic of the short delay to return to work after a such tragic event, it's normal too, can you imagine if all the work world is obliged to stop because a worker ( generally speaking)was not here because a family's death!

I think that in this forum every body know that! But if you are making comparison of this level, can you imagine a pregnant woman in a quiet difficult pregnancy, confronted with such a so tragic event while all the photographes look on her ! That's all and to have a admiration 's feeling for the Princess of Asturias is a such case is to have a feeling admiration for her country.

It's quiet fun.... but I'm very proud for Spain to have a so fantastic Princess! You know!

Last edited:
i totally agree with duncan. while i support letizia for coming back to work shortly after (for a number of reasons: her mental health and the need to do things after such a loss, avoiding reporter and paparazzi obsession and rumours and giving a good image of the work of the royal family, among others), i also think it's not too much to ask. life as a royal, appart from the media attention, is quite easy. other people in the same situation would have had to arrange the funeral themselves, while i'm sure the royal household took an active part in organising erika's while letizia and her family were mourning her death, or as duncan said would have had to come back to work two days after even when they would not be feeling animically able to do so.

carlota said:
other people in the same situation would have had to arrange the funeral themselves, while i'm sure the royal household took an active part in organising erika's while letizia and her family were mourning her death.

You forget a detail, which in Spain there is no another person in the same situation:rolleyes: . There is neither another Princess of Asturias, nor another Princess's of Asturias family. Erica had to be an anonymous person, but it was evident that was not.

The funeral of a stranger, it is important for which know that person and already ... it is not followed by hundreds of journalists, does not fill hours of tv and pages of newspapers and magazines.

A normal person does not live surrounded permanently with bodyguards. A normal person does not live always surrounded with press. The pregnancy of a normal woman interested to her family and her friends ... not to millions of persons.

So here it of the "normal thing" is very relative. And though she was not a Princess of Asturias, it would be equally very relative, because we don´t know neither her physical condition nor her mental condition. The easy thing had been to shut in house, to rest, to live through a sorrow in the intimacy, without being observed not judged. And nobody would have said at all.

She decided to return to the acts, she decided to speak to the press .. she choose for the responsibility, the fortress and the dignity ... and she might not have done it. And what it is necessary to value positively is her attitude. If she had not done it, nobody would have said at all, and the people would find it normal. But she did it.

Once again, people in this thread can't resist arguing! :bang: Letizia is back at work, good for her, she looked lovely, she must still be very upset about her sister but she has gone back out in public (as is expected of her).

Some people here adore Letizia, but those that don't are still allowed to express an opinion! Fair enough, some of the opinions expressed here are at times unfair (IMO) but often when people are writing in a language that isn't their first, things can be read wrong or taken the wrong way by others.

I don't visit this thread regularly but everytime I do there are always people getting too defensive. Why does it have to be taken over by such silly posts about whether this person thinks that Letizia had too much time off or whatever?! :wacko:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom