The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 04:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat
But I don't like the gray/white dress she wore recently... and she looks all tired. Maybe too many engagements at a time.
One can hardly say there has been too many engagements when it is the first one after the vacation I agree with donnak its the hair which drags her down, it is nicely cut and mantained but it simply does not suit her. The badly cut dress in drab, cold color does not help either, and those particular shoes always reminds me of Minnie Mouse. She looked stunning in the wedding though, the curls made the hair shorter and added volume and the warm color of the dress complemented her skin color.

Old 09-05-2006, 04:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

http://www.diariodemallorca.es/secci...=1157442037427

The Princes visit Asnimo

The Association Down de Balears's Syndrome celebrated yesterday its trigésimo anniversary with a few guests of luxury; don Felipe and dona Letizia concluded their vacations together with the students of the center with whom they conversed, a commemorative plate was photographed and discovered

They were going almost a week of preparations and many accumulated nerves. Everything had to go out well, according to the tests. And at eleven o'clock in the morning it began one of the most important days of their life. The princes of Asturias were visiting the facilities of the center Asnimo de Marratxí on the occasion of the celebration of its 30th anniversary.

It was the last activity that they realized in the island before recapturing their official agenda of commitments. Today the couple will come to the Conference hall of Madrid to receive to the Spanish selection of basketball after obtaining the gold in the World one of Japan.

Nobody wanted to lose the appointment. The relatives of the students of Asnimo also came to the center to greet to Their Highnesses to whom they received out-standing authorities. Jaume Matas, president of the Govern, who shared a coca of trampó done in the school with Rosa Estarás, vice-president. Ramon Socías, delegate of the Government, seized the opportunity to greet many people of the persons with Down's syndrome, since also it was done By Pere Rotger, president of the Parlament or Maria Antònia Munar. " Hello lady Munar ", greeted her Miguel, one of the pupils. " But if you know yours all ", the chairwoman of the Consell was surprised.

Juan Perera, the director of Asnimo, led the procession by the different points of the center where he was explaining of what his activities were consisting. The Princes received between plaudits, visited first the greenhouse. " The idea is to teach the suitable technologies to the workers in order that they learn for yes alone ", made clear Perera.

While dona Letizia was greeting to the majority of the members, the prince Felipe was organizing the first photography. " I go away to putting behind ", he was smiling.

The tour took them for the kitchen workshop where new pupils showed their skills in the burners. " It does not have any mystery ", made clear the person in charge of this paragraph, Fina Estrany. " We work with the ingredients of the whole life ". There they could taste from coca of trampó to pies cooked by the same pupils who, onlookers, approached the inheritors. " And the girl? ", Manolo Vadell asked the Princes. " She is very nice ", she answered been grateful. While, Victoria Rubí was not losing the occasion to kiss the Prince. " he is very handsome ", was admitted by her.

The visit continued for the workshop of dry flowers. " We did a dress rehearsal for this moment ", they were making clear. In the most aromatic zone, Jessica Fiteni was proving to be anxious. " I have desire of seeing them ".

Of the classroom of the principal building, they moved to the room of psicomotricidad, the room of physical therapy and the center by day for severe patients, to finish in the lounge of acts. Carlos Cruz was the pupil entrusted to speak in name of " companions and teachers ". " We are preparing ourselves to be young people capable of working ", was affirmed by him in his speech. " We want to be independent tomorrow ".

The director of the center was giving him the relief. " The persons with Down's syndrome thirty years ago were in their houses and now they have a major life expectancy, better health and intellect and can work ", Juan Perera remembered. " We understand your visit as a recognition of the work that we have done ", he concluded. The attorney Rafael Perera, brother of the director and member of the patronage, also applauded his words.

Forthwith the inheritors discovered a commemorative plate of the act to rememberso special visit.
The morning concluded with a coctail in the gardens of the facilities where the Princes mixed with the pupils and their relatives in a nearby and affectionate attitude. Dona Letizia showed her skill with the babies supporting one of the attendees while she was interested for the case of education of the pupils of the center. One day to remember.

Old 09-05-2006, 05:38 AM
Aristocracy

A photo-Gallery from ABC:

http://www.abc.es/informacion/galeri...paginas/09.htm
Old 09-05-2006, 07:12 AM
Heir Apparent

I really think that dress was to mucht fashion for the event. A more simple dress will suite just perfect for the ocassion! I really like the dress but just don't think that suites for the ocassion, is too mucht fancy!
Old 09-05-2006, 07:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
I really think that dress was to mucht fashion for the event. A more simple dress will suite just perfect for the ocassion! I really like the dress but just don't think that suites for the ocassion, is too mucht fancy!
Well, we will have the whole autuum and winter for "skirt and jacket" outfits, so we should be happy to see her still in summer dresses This gray one is surely not my favourite, byt during the wedding she looked so fabulous, that as for me, for the next week she can wear what she wants

Old 09-05-2006, 09:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Fom sipapress via Isifa

Old 09-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
The badly cut dress in drab, cold color does not help either
What I liked about this green dress was the fact that it matched the uniforms used by the people of this institution... I think it was a very nice touch from her.

Video from Antena3:
http://www.antena3.com/a3noticias/se...si&id=11481244
Old 09-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it was not a best choice for this event!Taking in account the specificness of the event she should wear something mucht more discret and low-profile!

IMO the dress is not suitable for the ocassion!
Old 09-05-2006, 11:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

She is not supposed to be discreet and low-profile. She is there honoring the organization, its residents and staff for their work. She looks special and that is an honor toward the hosts.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Nobility

I don not see anything wrong with the dress... I think that it is very but very classy, and discret...
Old 09-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Serene Highness

I'm sure the organization is very grateful that Letizia worn a classic and discret dress for the occasion.

With her presence she's honouring the job done and the efforts put by the organization to give these youngs and adults a life as normal as they could have if they didn't suffered the Syndrome.

I'm not big fan of dresses, I love two pieces suits but like LaChicaM says there's plenty time for it... also I enjoyed the Princess choice of low-profile hair but I agree with Larzen, doesn't make her glow like some other hair-dos.

Thank you for sharing more photos and articles, lula!

Regards,
mtbcm :)
Old 09-05-2006, 12:57 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

For news and photos of the reception to the Basketball Team, please go to the thread:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f21/royal-family-spain-current-events-part-xi-9830-9.html#post500986
Old 09-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

http://www.ultimahora.es/segunda.dba?-1+7+372241

A visit loaded with emotion

Don Felipe and dona Letizia take part in the celebration of the anniversary XXX of the Association Down de Balears's Syndrome

S. CARBONELL The princes of Asturias visited yesterday the facilities of the Association Down de Balears's Syndrome (Asnimo) in the Center Prince of Asturias in Marratxí (Majorca) on the occasion of the celebration of the anniversary XXX of the mentioned association. Don Felipe and dona Letizia, accompanied of the director of Asnimo, Juan Perera, and the president of the Govern inhabitant of the Balearic Islands, Jaume Matas, did a tour for the facilities of the center, where they were informed about the sanitary care, formation and integration that realizes the association that attends to 412 persons with Down's syndrome in the Islands. During their visit for the facilities the Princes were accompanied by the chairwoman of the Consell of Majorca, Maria Antònia Munar; the vice-president and consellera of Relacions Institucionals, Rosa Estaràs; the delegate of the Government in Balears, Ramon Socías; the consellera of Presidència i Esports, Rosa Puig; the president of s'Institut, Antoni Serra and the mayor's teniente of Palm, Francisca Bennassar, in representation of the Ajuntament.

The tour began in the greenhouse Sempre Verd, at which a dozen of persons are employed with Down's syndrome, which, close to their monitors explained to the princes of Asturias the details of their daily labor and posed filled with enthusiasm in a photo of group with don Felipe and dona Letizia. Forthwith, and following the established program, the Princes visited the residence Sa Lluna, in which twelve persons live accompanied by three keepers and which possesses a waiting-list of 22 families to be able to accede to these services, such and as explained the administratrix, Carmen Crespo. In the residence, Felipe and dona Letizia signed a letter of congratulation for the anniversary of the association in the book of honor. The Princes also crossed the occupational workshops of bakery and confectionary It Is Llonguet and Flors Seques's workshop, in which the persons with Down's syndrome elaborate points of book and ornaments with dry flowers and in which the pupils delivered a point of book to don Felipe and dona Letizia.

In the building of the educational unit the Princes visited the service of psychomotor activity and the classroom of computer science of special education, besides the center by day of Asnimo. During the visit to these dependences, the monitors explained the pedagogic aims of the labors developed in the workshops and classrooms and answered to the questions of the princes of Asturias, who were interested for the applied technologies, the evolution of the pupils and their evaluation. Before coming to the lounge of acts, don Felipe and dona Letizia, accompanied by the president Matas, they greeted a group of 30 persons with Down's syndrome, with which they returned to pose to be photographed in the middle of the happiness of the boys and of their relatives who were contemplating with satisfaction the emotion of the smallest on having received the caresses and having answered to the questions of the Princes. In the lounge of acts, one of the pupils of the center Prince of Asturias, Carlos Cruz, gave the welcome to don Felipe and dona Letizia - that they were received by plaudits and shouts of " gallants, gallants " - in representation of all the persons attended by Asnimo and they expressed their desire to be "independent" and to be unrolled by the maximum autonomy, being able to enjoy a life in couple and a worthy work.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

VIDEO

The Princes of Asturias, of wedding with the infanta Leonor

Don Felipe and dona Letizia were present at the wedding of one of the friends of the Prince in Ibiza. The Princes were present at the celebration with their first-born one, the infanta Leonor, who is on the verge of have one year.

http://www.hola.com/videos/casasreal...nfanta-leonor/
Old 09-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
I think it was not a best choice for this event!Taking in account the specificness of the event she should wear something mucht more discret and low-profile!

IMO the dress is not suitable for the ocassion!
Are you taking about the dress she wore at the visit to the facility of the patients with Down syndrome. think the dress is very simple and as low profile as one can wear?
Old 09-05-2006, 11:10 PM
Courtier

Thanks for the pics and video. I love how kind the princes are with the people in Asnimo. It's too bad we can't see more of Leonor in the video, but it's a great video anyway. Thanks Lula
Old 09-06-2006, 08:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

From semana

Old 09-06-2006, 09:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=File0149.jpg

What a beautiful close-ups of the baby!!! thank you so much for these scans!

Old 09-06-2006, 10:28 AM
Courtier

[quote=lula]http://www.ultimahora.es/segunda.dba?-1+7+372241

A visit loaded with emotion

Don Felipe and dona Letizia take part in the celebration of the anniversary XXX of the Association Down de Balears's Syndrome

This question may have been asked before, if so I appologise.
Why are Felipe and Letizia sometimes referred to as Don and Dona, is this Mr and Mrs? Prince and Princess?
Thanks in advance,
Crisscross1
Old 09-06-2006, 11:24 AM
Nobility

thanks lula
Leo has her mother's eyes and beautiful eyelashes. She's very cute

Closed Thread