Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 27: August - September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
crisscross1 said:
Why are Felipe and Letizia sometimes referred to as Don and Dona, is this Mr and Mrs? Prince and Princess?
Thanks in advance,
Crisscross1:)

This is a respectful treatment, somewhat the equivalent of Lord/Lady in English.

Thank you for semana pics, lula.

Leonor's close-up are beyond cute. Much appreciated that you took time to scan and share it with us.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

crisscross1 said:
This question may have been asked before, if so I appologise. :flowers:
Why are Felipe and Letizia sometimes referred to as Don and Dona, is this Mr and Mrs? Prince and Princess?
Thanks in advance,
Crisscross1

As Anna said it is respectful. It is used alot when it comes to the RF: El Rey Don Juan Carlos, La Infanta Doña Cristina etc...:) :)

Thanks for the scans lula! Leonor's eyes are so pretty

thanks lula
leonor is very cute she is a mix of letizia and felipe but with the eyes and the mouse of her mother

Oh wow! They look so nice at the friends wedding...Letizia looks beautiful, Felipe looks so handsome...and of course Leonore is so ADORABLE! I LOVE her eyes.

The girl changes very much with every gesture ... she has gestures that they remember to her mother and others who remember her father I am charmed with her eyes and her long eyelashes...:flowers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat
But I don't like the gray/white dress she wore recently... and she looks all tired. Maybe too many engagements at a time. :sad:

Larzen said:
One can hardly say there has been too many engagements when it is the first one after the vacation:wacko: I agree with donnak its the hair which drags her down, it is nicely cut and mantained but it simply does not suit her. The badly cut dress in drab, cold color does not help either, and those particular shoes always reminds me of Minnie Mouse. She looked stunning in the wedding though, the curls made the hair shorter and added volume and the warm color of the dress complemented her skin color.

I wasn't talking about "official" engagements, just that they were at a wedding all day Saturday, flew back Sunday (with flight problems apparently) and then had an official engagement Monday. At any rate, she looked a little tired to me... but maybe lil' Leonor kept her up all night or something... who knows. :wacko:

...sOfIa.... said:
As Anna said it is respectful. It is used alot when it comes to the RF: El Rey Don Juan Carlos, La Infanta Doña Cristina etc...:) :)

Thanks for the scans lula! Leonor's eyes are so pretty
Can people address Leonor as Dona too even if she's just a baby?

planetcher said:
Can people address Leonor as Dona too even if she's just a baby?

They do, actually. She's la Infanta Doña Leonor

love this pic
image.php

she's comparing her hand to her dad's, or trying to hold him:ROFLMAO:

From terra

The Princes of Asturias during the inauguration in Madrid of the new headquarters of the Spanish Office of Patents and Marks.

Last edited:
I like the style of her hair. Waves and curls look great on her (maybe she's been reading TRF...:ROFLMAO: )

Princes de Asturias inaugurate the official seat of the Spanish Office of Patents and MADRID Marks, 7 (EUROPE PRESS) The Princes de Asturias, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia, inaugurated today next to the salient minister of Industry, Tourism and Commerce, Jose Montilla, the new official seat of the Spanish Office of Patents and Marcas (OEPM). The OEPM fixes their building to the center of businesses of Madrid, in the AZCA area, which will allow to tell him on communications from all the points of the city, that the public organism number in more than 300 daily ones. The new seat counts on 28,000 square meters (m2) distributed in 18 plants, as well as the suitable technological advances to the present and future exigencies of the electronic Administration. Prince Felipe, in a speech, was convinced that "the new and modern" seat, with technology agreed outpost "with its necessities", will be able to intensify its service to the society, since will contribute to reinforce the investigation, the technological development and the innovation, "keys for the future of Spain". FUNCTIONS And OBJECTIVES OF The OEPM. The OEPM is the organism in charge to make the activity that corresponds to the State in the matter of Industrial Property, through the concession of patents, industrial marks and designs. The public organism protects and foments the activity of creation and technological innovation and the enterprise corporative identity, it transmits oriented technological information to the investigating activity, and impels the interchange of goods and services. In the international plane, the OEPM is one of the 12 offices of the world that are Authority the International within the System the International of Patents. In addition, it is the only office that can make searches of anteriorities, as well as examinations of bottom of the requests of patents in Spanish. In 2005, the OEPM used to more than 600 people and counted on a balanced budget of 72 million euros. In addition, it registered around 3,200 national patents, more than 380 European and took cado to 71,000 resolutions.
http://www.hispanidad.com/noticia_ep.aspx?ID=20060907143112

I lover her hair style... I also love the necklace... but above all I like it see both smiling

I love her necklace so mucht!Letizia must be glad to have events in Madrid, so she could come back home and give lunch to little Leonor!

I am charmed with it her since as,like it she goes I see her I am charmed with very handsome(pretty) letizia hisher hair and one sees them very happy

Letizia looked beautiful for the wedding of her friend. I absolutely love the little dress on Leonor - she is one of the best dressed royal babies!

morhange said:
I thought this article was interesting:

second in line is the elder of the prince's two daughters, Infanta Leonor.

Must be confusing Felipe with his father.

I think so, morhange... they are making a confusion between Crown Prince Felipe and King Juan Carlos.. that or they know something we don't ;).

Thank you for sharing, an interesting and very actual reading, indeed.

Thank you so much lula and Monica for sharing the photos and infanteleonor for sharing the article about this event...

I don't know if she reads TRF, Anna_R, but I agree with you all this hair-do is perfect for her.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Cordoba - the Princes could attend the inauguration of the CIT of the Furniture

Princes de Asturias could go to Lucena next day 20 of September to attend the inauguration of the Center of Innovation and Tecnología (CIT) of the Furniture and the Wood of Andalusia. Although the news not yet is official, the certain thing is that, yesterday, people in charge of protocol of the Real House went to the locality to prepare the possible visit.
To confirm the appointment, it would be the second time that Don Felipe de Borbón would go to the locality of the Subbética, after his visit of April of 2002. In that occasion, representatives of the sector of the furniture of Andalusia maintained an encounter with Their Height Real in the Castle of the Moral. During the meeting, Prince de Asturias had the occasion to contemplate the scale model of technological center the future.

http://www.infurma.es/es/novedades/noticia/19756.es.html

The princes of Asturias will preside over the delivery of a flag to the frigate Alvaro de Bazán The act will take place in the morning next the 19 of September to twelve in the East Wharf of the Port of Motril PEDRO FEIXAS @ Envi'e this news to a friend motril. Princes de Asturias will attend next the 19 of September to the delivery on the part of the City council of Granada of the flag battle the frigate "Alvaro de Bazán" of the Spanish Navy, an act that he will have in the granadino Port of Motril, informed municipal sources today. Don Felipe and Doña Letizia will arrive at Granada to go until the dock of the port motrileño in helicopter, where they will be present at a military parade and where the Prince will review to the troops. Later, Doña Letizia, who will act like godmother of the event, will carry out the delivery of the flag to the frigate "Alvaro de Bazán", in an act witnessed by notary public that, in principle, she has predicted to be developed in the East Wharf of the Port of Motril to 12:00 hours. The frigate "Alvaro de Bazán" will arrive at the Port from Motril two days before the act of the delivery of the flag and the possibility that will even exist it can be visited. The preparations to prepare the Port to this act and to program the entrance of boats, so that during that morning any unloading in the dock does not exist, have already begun on the part of the Harbor Authority of Motril.
http://www.diariogranadahoy.com/diariogranadahoy/articulo.asp?idart=3291676&idcat=2912

I like very much that Letizia is ther godmother of the act I hope that she gives the flag. She will be beautiful as always.

Enough is enough on white pants. I'm not against royals wearing uniforms, but please make uniforms out of well tailored suits. I don't mind seeing these two suits made in different colors if Letizia inisits on wearing uniforms :lol:.

From Routers

From Terra

Last edited:
I agree

From the waist up she looks lovely. The white pants are too white and ill fitting to go with the blazer. I also agree that she needs to cut her hair. Nothing drastic. Just a few inches off the bottom. It would look healthier and suit her face a bit more.

Last edited:
http://www.avilared.com/modules.php?name=AvantGo&file=print&sid=13629

Royal visit

As it could have known confidential this one, it might take place next October 11.

Everything seems to aim that they will be the Princes of Asturias who are present this day at the inauguration of the new facilities of the Center of Formation of the Police, coinciding with the oath of the cargo on the part of new agents. Of be confirming, it would be the first occasion in which don Felipe and dona Letizia come to Avila together, though the Inheritor of the Wreath already did it in solitarily last November 17, to be present at the General Assembly of the Consumers' European Organization. With the inauguration of these new facilities, the center will see the current capacity notably increased.

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/dona_letizia_entregara_bandera_combate_1082401.htm

Dona Letizia will deliver flag of combat to frigate

The Princess of Asturias will be the godmother of the delivery of the flag of combat to the frigate Alvaro de Bazán, during a ceremony that will take place in the port of Motril (Granada), next Tuesday.

Dona Letizia and her husband, the Prince of Asturias, will preside at the act, in which there will be present the civil local and autonomic authorities, as well as the high controls of the Navy.

One year ago and three months, June 15, 2005, the Princess of Asturias coupled for the first time a delivery of the national flag.

It happened in Logrono, when there received the Spanish flag of her hands the Unit of Rural Action (UAR) of the Police, on the occasion of the anniversary XXV of its creation (1980), and in recognition of their labor against the terror.

In that occasion, and as other feminine members of the Royal Family in these situations, the Princess dressed black suit of jacket of long skirt and Spanish mantilla of the same color, like the protocol gives the orders.

It was also at the time when Dona Letizia delivered her first speech - of duration very similar to those of the Prince - as colitigant of the Inheritor of the Wreath, before more than thousand members of the UAR, in a celebration in the one that yielded itself a moved honoring to the deceaseds, principally to those that there fell victims of the terrorist band.

Dona Letizia, in calm and solemn tone, transmitted to the members of the Unit the letter of congratulation of the King, to which they added she and the Prince of Asturias, for the anniversary, and underlined the work of the UAR, often heroically, for their participation in operations of great risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom