Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 1: Nov. 2003 - August 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spain's Prince Felipe laughs with Princess Letizia after he lit a cauldron with the torch during a lighting ceremony for a symbolic Olympic flame at Madrid's Puerta de Alcala Sunday June 27, 2004. The games are scheduled to take place in Athens, Greece, during August 2004.

Felipe & Letizia

prince Felipe

Slam Sports

Prince Felipe lights Olympic cauldron
By MAR ROMAN

MADRID (AP) - Crown Prince Felipe completed the torch relay through the streets of Madrid on Sunday by lighting an Olympic cauldron in one of the capital's most symbolic squares.

The mayor of Madrid, Alberto Ruiz Gallardon passed the flame to Prince Felipe, who was part of the Spanish Olympic sailing team at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics.

Hundreds of people waited at the Puerta de Alcala to catch a glimpse of the lighting and cheer the 30 athletes, sports celebrities and ordinary people who carried the torch in a festive atmosphere.

The torch made its way to Barcelona, the host city of the 1992 Summer Olympics, where torchbearers included five-time Tour de France champion Miguel Indurain and tennis players Arantxa Sanchez Vicario and Conchita Martinez.

The torch is on its way to Greece for the Aug. 13 start of the Summer Olympics.

The three-hour stop in Madrid was staged after the city asked the International Olympic Committee to be considered for the relay in order to promote its 2012 Olympic bid.

The flame - carried in a small lantern - arrived early Sunday from London. It was taken in the subway to Madrid's business and financial centre, where Spain's water polo star and former Olympic gold-medallist Manuel Estiarte carried the flame through the capital under a blistering sun with temperatures reaching 30 C.

"It has been thrilling and a real honour for me to carry the torch," Estiarte said after passing the flame to swimmer Nina Jivanevskaia, who won bronze at the 2002 Sydney Games.

The symbolic torch passed Madrid's old quarter, the main Puerta del Sol square and the city's biggest park where hundreds lined the route to watch the torch pass and to attend a free concert featuring some the country's top flamenco guitarist Paco de Lucia and dancer Sara Baras.

In the last kilometres, two university students participated in memory of their deceased friends and other victims of the March 11 train bombings that killed 190 people and wounded more than 2,000 in the capital.

Spain's Prince Felipe laughs with Princess Letizia after he lit a cauldron with the torch Sunday. (AP/Denis Doyle)

Originally posted by lucys@Jun 28th, 2004 - 7:19 pm
Here's a photo I haven't seen posted any where else. Oh! How he looks at her! He simply melts when he looks at her.

It's funny, on all these different royal boards we all like to argue about who is more or less pretty, more or less nice, etc., but it's clear for each of the crown princes, none is as beautiful and amazing as their very own princess. And in this photo we have just one more testament of that fact. This generation of crown princes has married for love and they make no bones about it.
BRAVO!!!!!!!! Very well said. Maybe you should post this in every forum but just change the names of the prince and princess. :clap:

Felipe an d Letizia will be today at San Salvador de Leyre Monastery in Navarra to the Prince of Viana Award ;)

It must be nice to always hang on the arm of big strong Felipe... I wonder how she will look while representing on her own. If she ever will...

Originally posted by Cissan@Jul 1st, 2004 - 8:10 am
It must be nice to always hang on the arm of big strong Felipe... I wonder how she will look while representing on her own. If she ever will...
Eventually she will go solo, but the Royal House has decided to follow the same pattern they set with Queen Sofia when she was first married and first arrived in Spain--for a time she will share the Prince's agenda and then after some months they will start to build her own. They already have so many requests they don't know where to start, apparently.

In any case, today they were giving out a cultural award in Navarra (One of the Prince's titles, Principe de Viana, is for the kings of Navarra) at a remote monestary. They arrived in helicopter. Here are a few photos:

Inside Joke?

Just a touch of the hand and I swoon!

Felipe greets a little girl

Letizia thanks a little girl for the flowers

With the award winner

Also, here's a better look at the beautiful outfit she wore yesterday.

Love that first one-so playful and happy-looking! :heart: She does look great in red, and the outfit is very sleek and flattering. Another winner for Leti! :flower:

Great photos. Yes, it´s a great idea for her to go along with Felipe in these early days. I mean I can just imagine how many invidividual requests for her they must have. Have to give her time to get used to it all. Also time to decide on which ones to accept! Anywyay, she looks great.

i loved her in blue yesterday! nice, really nice, skirt! however, i don't like her in red. i don't know why, but she seems more elegant with light tones. if i'm not wrong, that outfit was the same she wore in the opening of arco.

I saw the speech Felipe gave, and it was sweet because he started out by saying how this year was special because he was returning with his wife, Princess Letizia. Then he talked about culture and its role and society and all that...

Here are some photos from imagine scandinavia (not all of them, I just randomly picked some).

Exiting the helicopter
Arriving
Arriving 2
Required solemnity for playing of the national anthem.
Beautiful setting
Smiling
Felipe
Letizia
Letizia standing
Letizia and felipe standing

Everyone was buzzing about Letizia Ortiz [the former TV news presenter who is marrying Spain’s Crown Prince Felipe this Saturday in Madrid] because she looked very sexy in a red dress with a sharp décolleté. She didn’t really look like a princess.
Danish designer Uffe Frank ( her made Mary's wedding dress) on what letiizia wore at the danish wedding.
link .http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/content/templates/gallery.asp?articleid=1915&zoneid=2

Originally posted by sky@Jul 1st, 2004 - 6:27 pm
Everyone was buzzing about Letizia Ortiz [the former TV news presenter who is marrying Spain’s Crown Prince Felipe this Saturday in Madrid] because she looked very sexy in a red dress with a sharp décolleté.  She didn’t really look like a princess.
  Danish designer Uffe Frank ( her made Mary's wedding dress) on what letiizia wore at the danish wedding.                                                                   
  link  .http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/content/templates/gallery.asp?articleid=1915&zoneid=2
yes, I've read about that article. And all I can say is 'What an annoying man he is' :p With his comments like that and the wrong info about QEII bowing QM and Prince Philip to the Danish wedding, I doubt his professionalism

here is a link to a discussion about the topic.

Originally posted by nouwrein+Jul 1st, 2004 - 8:25 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nouwrein @ Jul 1st, 2004 - 8:25 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sky@Jul 1st, 2004 - 6:27 pm
Everyone was buzzing about Letizia Ortiz [the former TV news presenter who is marrying Spain’s Crown Prince Felipe this Saturday in Madrid] because she looked very sexy in a red dress with a sharp décolleté.  She didn’t really look like a princess.
   link   .http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/content/templates/gallery.asp?articleid=1915&zoneid=2
yes, I've read about that article. And all I can say is 'What an annoying man he is' :p With his comments like that and the wrong info about QEII bowing QM and Prince Philip to the Danish wedding, I doubt his professionalism

here is a link to a discussion about the topic. [/b][/quote]
I completely agree with you, Nouwrein, he is annoying.

Letizia didn't have to look like a princess that week.. because (GASP) she hadn't yet married Felipe!!! As someone from the Royal Blue forum said, he was probably jealous because Letizia stole away some of Mary's (and his, being the designer) spotlight!!!

If someone could clarify something for me--- Country A has had a monarchy for 1000 years. Queen A has been on the throne for 25 years. Country B has had a monarchy for 600 years. Queen B has been on the throne for 50 years. Who bows to who???

Originally posted by Lyonnaise@Jul 1st, 2004 - 8:51 pm

If someone could clarify something for me--- Country A has had a monarchy for 1000 years. Queen A has been on the throne for 25 years. Country B has had a monarchy for 600 years. Queen B has been on the throne for 50 years. Who bows to who???
Hi

I agree it's most annoying to hear that man go on like that!

And to answer your neither queen has to bow or curtsy to each other. The code of conduct are all queens & kings are of equal rank regardless of how long that particular queen or king hve reign or how old their monarchy are. But as a mark of respect, queen or king with the longest reign are seated right up the front during important ceremony (ie wedding) or will walk ahead of other reigning queens or kings.

The only person who is of higher rank than a queen or king are the emperor. So if you really want to follow protocol then all queens and kings must bow or curtsy to the emperor. but in this modern day, they don't do it anymore.

this i read it frm some history book on royalty.

hope it helps!

Originally posted by nouwrein@Jul 1st, 2004 - 10:21 pm
Alisa, I think it has something to do with the lighting, I mean indoor shots are different from outdoor ones, and probably the make-up too. But I think she does not look bland at all (bland = flat, lacking stimulating characteristics; uninteresting), IMO :flower:
I agree with you nouwrein. I don't think Letizia looks bland in these latest pictures at all. I think she looks fabulous! I love the red suit on her. She looks tanned, relaxed and refreshed from her long honeymoon, and quite energized to be back in action and to take on her new role. I'm so glad to see that Letizia's wardrobe has so much colour in it, more in line with the colourful wardrobe choices of Mathilde and Maxima (although no one can quite compare to Maxima in the colourful wardrobe department! :p). The "other" new Crown Princess Mary seems to dress predominantly in beige, which in my opinions is bland. Letizia mixes it up a bit more: a white suit for the Olympic lighting, a red suit for this event, a yellow suit for the King's Name Day, etc.

Viva Letizia I say! :p

They both look wonderful. Letizia hasn't lost that newlywed radiance yet! :heart:
And again I say, she looks smashing in red.

They are lovely couple; it is impossible not to be stricken by the quantity of positive energy and love that radiates from their photos together. Letizia is a lady of strong personality and stable sense of style – I believe it would even get better and better as the time passes. Particular shade of red always looks good on her, and that lovely light blue jacket flatters her figure and tanned complexion. I find it especially lovely the way He tries to match his shirt and tie shades with those on Her outfits. So sweet!

Welcome back Alex, you’ve been missed. :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom