Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra, Current Events 1: September 2003 - Sept. 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexandra's bag complements her black outfit very nicely. Haha. Just had to mention that. Joachim and her do seem to be in F&M's shadow as of the moment, but I think that'll pass once the excitement of their marriage is over. Hopefully anyway. :D

I think the family is on vaction now. But there pictures of them most of the time on vacation and doing other family stuff. I guess they did'nt invite the press this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops. I spoke too soon. That is not too dark. She looks great and her smile glows.

YAY! :woot: This is a step towards color on Alex again. Also, Alex lokks a lot more curvier in these pictures. Is anyone else hoping, what I'm hoping? It most likley isn't true. :(

Even when she already has 2 kids, she still has a great figure.

Originally posted by paulette@May 8th, 2004 - 9:06 pm
Even when she already has 2 kids, she still has a great figure.
And she is entering her 4o's very some and only has like one wrinkle. ;)

Her hat looks really nice, but the belt around her jacket ruins the outfit imo.

That's what I also adore from Princess Alexandra because she loves to experiment colors on her dresses which other royals won't dare to do. And light colors really suits her because it makes her look young.

Originally posted by moosey60@Apr 11th, 2004 - 2:30 pm
It's good that the kids are bilingual this early though :) Do you think Nikolai and Felix will learn to speak Chinese too?
No, as Alexandra doesn't speak Chinese. Unless her father is teaching it to them.

No, as Alexandra doesn't speak Chinese. Unless her father is teaching it to them.
I didn't know that Alexandra spoke only English growing up...but even if she hadn't, as she's from Hong Kong, she would speak Cantonese, not Chinese!

I just saw on Danish television "DR1" that they will be airing a new celebratory portrait-programme Sunday at 20.00. CET. Apparently the Princess will be talking in-depth about her life in Denmark, and there will also be interviews with other members of the royal family.

Sounds awesome. Can not wait to hear about it.

I am indeed excited for the birthday of Princess Alexandra.

I have heard rumors from my Danish friend who lives in Copenhagen that it would be celebrated nationwide but not yet sure if is it going to be a big celebration. Usually, when a Danish Royal celebrates his/her birthday, it would be a traditional appearance at Amalienborg Palace's balcony and a celebration at Tivoli Gardens, but I don't know with Princess Alex's b-day.

I do hope it would be celebrated with the whole royal family.

Originally posted by paulette@May 19th, 2004 - 2:30 am
I am indeed excited for the birthday of Princess Alexandra.

I have heard rumors from my Danish friend who lives in Copenhagen that it would be celebrated nationwide but not yet sure if is it going to be a big celebration. Usually, when a Danish Royal celebrates his/her birthday, it would be a traditional appearance at Amalienborg Palace's balcony and a celebration at Tivoli Gardens, but I don't know with Princess Alex's b-day.

I do hope it would be celebrated with the whole royal family.
I might be, the Crown Prince and the Crown Princess will have returned by then, so a balcony-scene with all the royals is possible. But I don't think there will be a big celebration though, a 40th birthday isn't usually such a big deal in the royal family. But just wait in 2014 there'll be quite a bash. :lol:

I was looking at the combined monogram for Frederick and Mary, I was wondering if Alexandra and Joachim have one from their wedding? Does anyone have a link to a picture?

Originally posted by paulette@May 19th, 2004 - 2:30 am
I have heard rumors from my Danish friend who lives in Copenhagen that it would be celebrated nationwide but not yet sure if is it going to be a big celebration.
Probably not that big a celebration, and definetly not a nationwide thing. All government buildings will hoist the flag etc. But that's more or less it.

Is Princess Alexandra older than her husband Prince Joachim !!??:)

Originally posted by Amira@May 23rd, 2004 - 1:31 am
I believe she's about 4 or 5 years older than Joachim.

Originally posted by Amira@May 23rd, 2004 - 1:31 am
Yes, she's five years older than her husband.

It won't be a big celebration, as HM the Queen, HRH the Prince Consort and the newlyweds will be visiting Greenland at that time.

I watched the programme yesterday... I liked it alot!
I´ve never heard a long interview with Alexandra before and it was the first time I heard Nikolaj speak aswell... what a cutie :flower:

Did Felix speak as well?? I'm a bit partial to Felix :heart: :blush:

Yennie can you give us a report? I don't speak Danish so I wouldn't know what she said even if I could access the online clip of the interview. Was it long? What did she say? What did Nikolai say? Did Alex say anything about the recent Danish wedding? Was the interview done before or after the wedding?

So many questions! Hope you have some time to give us a report on the interview! :flower:

No Felix didn´t speak. It was just Nikolaj. He has a really high voice..very childish and almost wining (haha is it called that?! gnällig på svenska)

It was an hour long...
and she spoke about her life in general. nothing sensational but interesting. Nikolaj was with her in Hong kong and there was a clip from his birthday party at Schakenborg to. There were also a clip from last summer when they were on holiday in Cahors. The whole family was there and they went boating and swimming togehter.
I dont know exactly when all these events took place, but I dont think it was that recent. I dont think she said anything about Mary...

Originally posted by Yennie@May 24th, 2004 - 5:24 pm
No Felix didn´t speak. It was just Nikolaj. He has a really high voice..very childish and almost wining (haha is it called that?! gnällig på svenska)

Yes, whiney or wimpering or creaky or even squeaky.

Thank you to Moonlightrhapsody and pepperann :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom