The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 03:42 PM
Commoner

Hi .

This January has been a busy month for her.
The UNICEF city, Trip to the US, and now more work at home.

Old 01-28-2004, 06:15 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
1/27/04 IML Pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IML_SCANPIX_1000039130.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	37085   Click image for larger version

Name:	IML_SCANPIX_1000039122.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	37086  

Old 01-28-2004, 09:13 PM
Heir Apparent

NICE, FRANCE: Prince Joachim of Denmark attends the Palais des Festivals, 25 January 2004 in Cannes, during the "Discover Denmark" day at the MIDEM, the world music industry's biggest annual trade fair. (Photo credit should read JACQUES MUNCH/AFP/Getty Images)

http://www.gettyimages.com.au/Search...ssetType=image
Old 01-29-2004, 11:43 AM
Courtier

Nice pictures!

I was so amazed to see Princess Alexandra back in Denmark from her long visit in the US. She started her week in Denmark right away and even busy with all the functions and tasks to do as a royal and as an important citizen of her country.

She is indeed one of the most hardworking member or even the most hardworking member of the DRF. She takes her tasks with sincerity and determination. Even how many tasks she has, she never fails to look fashionable and even glowing. I loved her skin complexion since the start. She is just amazing.

I am already speechless here in my room and I don't know what and how to describe her with more flowery adjectives. She is just the best.

:flower:
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 01-29-2004, 08:33 PM
Commoner

I really like Princess Alexandra. I hope her role will not be diminished too much after Frederick and Mary's marriage. She is an asset to the Royal Family.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:55 AM
Majesty

I just saw prince J on Swedish TV
MTV upnorth talking about Danish music industry, I love his English…
Old 02-01-2004, 04:30 PM
Aristocracy

Me too. I´m so amazed that she is EVERYWHERE, although just returned from a long trip to US packed with programmes.

So proud of her!
Old 02-05-2004, 08:37 PM
Nobility

Alexandra's almost 40-years-old, right? So why does she insist on dressing like an old lady? I'm beginning to like Mary's style. I'm certain that Mary will outshine Alexandra, in the fashion department, once she becomes the Crown Princess of Denmark.
Old 02-05-2004, 11:38 PM
Aristocracy

The Polka Dot Door, the Polka Dot Door. Songs and stories and so much more... at the Polka Dot Door.

Sorry, something about Alex's outfit reminded me of a tv show I watched as a child.
Old 02-05-2004, 11:43 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
It's strange because normally if you have a top that goes over a short skirt like that, it isn't that long. Great legs too. Don't care for polka dots.
Old 02-06-2004, 01:04 PM
Courtier

Is that a new pearl necklace for the princess? if so, she must adore pearls :)
Old 02-13-2004, 08:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by montecarlo@Feb 5th, 2004 - 7:37 pm
Alexandra's almost 40-years-old, right? So why does she insist on dressing like an old lady? I'm beginning to like Mary's style. I'm certain that Mary will outshine Alexandra, in the fashion department, once she becomes the Crown Princess of Denmark.
me too. mary's style is funkier. but just in the fashion dept. i still like alexandra better (based on impressions only of course since i don't have any idea what those two are really like in real life.)

Old 02-14-2004, 10:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by montecarlo@Feb 5th, 2004 - 7:37 pm
I don't totally agree with you Montecarlo.

Age should not be a barrier for a person to dress like young people. No matter what age you are in right now, it should not block you from dressing like ladies in their 20's or 30's. And besides, Princess Alexandra looks young for her age. It's true that on June 30 she would be 40 but she has the looks of a lady with the age in 30's or even younger. It also doesn't mean that when you are 40, you are already an old lady.

Besides, both women have various fashion tastes. It now depends on them on what to wear.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 02-14-2004, 11:22 PM
Nobility

I don't think I explained myself correctly, Paulette.

Alexandra does appear quite youthful, in my opinion, however her style seems too old fashioned.
Old 02-14-2004, 11:47 PM
Nobility

Maybe she is just tired,just does'nt care that much anymore, or she maybe feeling old or something. I don'nt think we should compare Mary's and Alexandra clothing style so much. Alex has been married for 8 years and is a mother of two,older and might feel that she needs to dress a certain way. Where Mary is just about to enter the RF, not a mother, younger and has'nt been working as hard as alex, so she might not feel tired, this gives her a more care-free style. P.s I 'm gald Alexandra seems to be taking a break for a couple of days, she works a lot.
Old 02-14-2004, 11:56 PM
Courtier

I think that both of the ladies have their own personal style. Mary's hasn't quite developed hers completely as of yet, but her style has changed somewhat from when she first appeared in public as Fred's new girlfriend.

I don't think that Alexandra's style is old fashioned, but more tailored than Mary's. There are times when I look at Alexandra's choice of suits and I can still see the business woman in her that she was when she first came to Denmark. I think that is reflected in her style of dress. She wears conservative suits at times, but she has a way of softening the effect by wearing really great colors and feminine colors. IMO, Alex doesn't dress like an old lady. If I compare her style and choice of attire to that of my great aunts an grandmothers, I would have to say that she doesn't dress anything like an old lady.

If I am to decide on what is to come from Mary in the future based on her choices of fashion over the past year, I would expect her style to perhaps be a bit more edgy than that of Alex's.

I would have to say that at this point that I am pleased with the personal styles of both women, because each seems to represent that of the personalities and backgrounds of each.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:03 PM
Nobility

Did anyone know that Joachim and Alexandra went to New Orleans for their honeymoon, because Joachim did not want anyone to know who they were.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Did anyone know that Joachim and Alexandra went to New Orleans for their honeymoon, because Joachim did not want anyone to know who they were.
Actually the couple traveled various places (even by car&#33 in the US for their honeymoon :flower:
Old 02-16-2004, 07:04 PM
Nobility

Wow, does anyone know what happened to Alexandra's dog Oscar? And doe anyone ahve the transprit of the engagement?
Old 02-17-2004, 11:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I don't totally agree with you Montecarlo.

Besides, both women have various fashion tastes. It now depends on them on what to wear.
I'm glad they have different tastes in fashion, it makes the fashion-watch much more interesting for me.

Closed Thread