Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 2: May 2007 - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i also think we shouldn't judge her because of how she dresses. in fact, how she dresses looks totally fine to me: just like every single girl of a big city who works and who is young. she never wore anything that can be considered vulgar and if the relation becomes more serious, i'm sure she will get the appropriate advice and polishing to dress more stylish, just as it happened with mary. i can't recall how alexandra used to dress before her marriage, but mary's wardrobe was just as marie's is now. mette-marit is also a good example of this. mathilde, maxima and letizia seemed to have a more "executive" wardrobe, mainly because of their previous position.

I don't think anyone judged her or made any statements about her character based on how she dresses. A few just expressed a dislike of what she wears.

According to some, a dress can be more than just a dress, as a scandalous dress perhaps cost Eva Sanuum the Spanish crown. I think when you date someone of a certain stature, you should reflect that person. Iàm not saying she should give up her identity and style, but maybe think a little more carefully about what she wears. Maybe it's not so important now. Maybe it is. :flowers:

The press conference in Caix was held today and I have a short report (with video clips) here in post #31.

Margrethe was tight lipped about the relationship noting that she had met Marie, found her to be nice, and no comment regarding an engagement. Essentially (if you read between her lines) she was telling the reporters that her son's relationship with the French beauty was none of their [our] business.

Sorry, but I'm rather confused. If the Queen didn't say anything, then why did she call/do the Press Conference :question::unsure:

Prince Joachim was in Copenhagen, where was Marie ?

Sorry, but I'm rather confused. If the Queen didn't say anything, then why did she call/do the Press Conference :question::unsure:

Prince Joachim was in Copenhagen, where was Marie ?

She did have quite a bit to say, Lynda, but since she was short and to the point regarding Marie, she essentially didn't say much except what I had already told you.

Furthermore, every year at Caix the reigning couple have a press conference. So that's nothing new.:)

According to some, a dress can be more than just a dress, as a scandalous dress perhaps cost Eva Sanuum the Spanish crown. I think when you date someone of a certain stature, you should reflect that person. Iàm not saying she should give up her identity and style, but maybe think a little more carefully about what she wears. Maybe it's not so important now. Maybe it is. :flowers:

i'm sure marie is trying her best to reflect that person. as i said before, i saw nothing vulgar or scandalous about the way she dresses. sporty, yes. we can't expect her to look like a princess when she isn't. at the moment, she is just a special friend to us. by that theory, any friends of the princes and princesses would have to dress as if they were princes or princesses themselves, which, in my opinion, would look even worse, pretentious and ridiculous. i think she dresses just fine. until the day they announce an engagement or she participates in some kind of official event, if it happens, i believe she is free to wear whatever she feels comfortable with, except something vulgar, out of place or demeaning to the danish crown (as it happened with eva sannum).

A lovely cover shot of the couple kissing this past weekend at the Historic Grand Prix. You can also see a series of photos here, but many have already been published before.

Also, two more photos, here and here of the couple including a short article. Plus a new video of Marie and Joachim prior to him crashing his car.
:)

i'm sure marie is trying her best to reflect that person. as i said before, i saw nothing vulgar or scandalous about the way she dresses. sporty, yes. we can't expect her to look like a princess when she isn't. at the moment, she is just a special friend to us. by that theory, any friends of the princes and princesses would have to dress as if they were princes or princesses themselves, which, in my opinion, would look even worse, pretentious and ridiculous. i think she dresses just fine. until the day they announce an engagement or she participates in some kind of official event, if it happens, i believe she is free to wear whatever she feels comfortable with, except something vulgar, out of place or demeaning to the danish crown (as it happened with eva sannum).

I think that was well said.

I hope to see an engagement announcement before the year is out. Then again why announce an engagement the same year that Alexandra remarries? Either way I hope this couple takes the next step since its obvious that they are committed to one another.

ITA with you. With Eva Sannum's dress I think the problem was not so much the revealingness of the dress, but the fact that she wore that to a Crown Princely wedding. Since Marie hasn't attending anything nearly that official and public yet, I think she can wear whatever she wants (within reason ;))

Again, I never used the world vulgur or scandalous to describe Marie. What I did say was she should maybe transition to more sophisticated and less fitted/tight clothing. Are princesses the only ones who wear dresses and skirts and suits and pants? Of course not. So her dressing more sophisticated does not equal trying to look like a princess. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. :)

well I cetainly use the word vulgur to describe Marie, to me that is just what she seams to me and not the correct person to be in such a position to call Royal!

Has anyone else noticed that Kongehuset has now been translated to french?

Interesting, I thought, considering the official webiste was last translated into english not that long before the Crown Princely engagement was announced in 2004.

And if it were for the sake of Henrik's lineage, then surely such a move would have been made some time ago.

Just an observation.

Has anyone else noticed that Kongehuset has now been translated to french?

Interesting, I thought, considering the official webiste was last translated into english not that long before the Crown Princely engagement was announced in 2004.

And if it were for the sake of Henrik's lineage, then surely such a move would have been made some time ago.

Just an observation.

It actually has been for a while (at least a month) Didn't we have a discussion about it back then?

It actually has been for a while (at least a month) Didn't we have a discussion about it back then?

Hence, my asking...'has anyone else noticed'.

You may have have discussed it prior to my post. Of that I'm not aware given I dont recall ever visiting this thread to any real length. I was on the Kongehuset website today and happened to notice it, so thought I'd make comment on it here.

Last edited:
Marie and Joachim are very happy and in love. I can't wait to listen the news of her moving to Shackenborg!:)

Hence, my asking...'has anyone else noticed'.

You may have have discussed it prior to my post. Of that I'm not aware given I dont recall ever visiting this thread to any real length. I was on the Kongehuset website today and happened to notice it, so thought I'd make comment on it here.

I didn't mean to offend you, just saying ;)

translated French? interesting....
I hope for their engagement They are so in love!

I think a possible engagement involves more than love. How about figuring out how enthusiastic the government is about giving a second wife an allowance? Or, pergaps the Queen will kick in and establish a new precedent.

I think a possible engagement involves more than love. How about figuring out how enthusiastic the government is about giving a second wife an allowance? Or, pergaps the Queen will kick in and establish a new precedent.

I thought the wife just got 10% of the husband's allowance? In that case, the government wouldn't be giving Marie a "second" allowance, as she would be getting a portion of what is already going to her husband.

You are correct, Burberry Brit. I'd forgotten that arrangement. In any case, I assume the Queen will finance the wedding.

I thought the wife just got 10% of the husband's allowance? In that case, the government wouldn't be giving Marie a "second" allowance, as she would be getting a portion of what is already going to her husband.

When Joachim and Alexandra divorced - Joachim's allowance went down - and it seems probable that it will go up should he remarry.

I think Marie is very charming and natural. I hope she does not change too much. She has a beautiful smile and seems very, very happy. I wish them the best!

You are correct, Burberry Brit. I'd forgotten that arrangement. In any case, I assume the Queen will finance the wedding.

And don't forget that Marie's family is rich. Maybe her family would pay for part of the wedding.

On the subject: are dowries still paid by the bride's family in the case of a commoner marrying a prince? Does the bride's family still pay for the wedding?

[URL="http://www.seoghoer.dk/Nyheder/Royalt/Marie%20modeuge.aspx"]Fashion Marie[/URL]

This past weekend Prince Joachim's love, Marie Cavallier, attended a fashion show whilst in Copenhagen. Apparently she attended one of Malene Birger's shows in which Se og Hor noted that she "...has lots of energy to that sack together with the models." The author mentions Mary and Alexandra briefly, but nothing worth translating.

To read the article please click the link above.

Ekstra Bladet is also reporting about Marie attending the show on Friday, in which they note that she is a beautiful princess in training, "...Marie Cavallier that is to say gone actively going by princess - the preparations..."

Click the above link to read the article yourself. There are two photos: One of Marie and one of Mary at MB show in 2003.

To see the latest photos of beautiful Marie, from polfoto, watching the show, please click here.

To see the whole show By Malene Birger please click here. Look to your left; scroll down until you see the headline Malene Birger Fashion Show Friday August 10, 2007. Click the photo and the show will start. The video is at the bottom of the CFTV page.

To see all of the links for the Copenhagen fashion shows (and other related stuff) that I have linked, please click here

Was this the same fashion show that the Crown Princess attended, or a different one?

Yep, they're getting engaged. Isn't this the same type of thing Mary did right before an engagement was announced? Marie looks GREAT in the new photos. Very poised.

It's hard to not see the parallels between the two women. Perhaps Joachim is courting her "Fred style" after seeing what a successful relationship they had.

Last edited:
Isn't this the same type of thing Mary did right before an engagement was announced? Marie looks GREAT in the new photos. Very poised.

You mean attending the Malene Birger fashion show in 2003 prior to the October 2003 announcement? Yup, pretty much.

Marie does look beautiful in those shots. I look forward to seeing more of her in the future.

This current fashion show was attended by Mary - Alexandra -Marie. Did any of the three attend on the same day, and if so did they acknowledge each other ? :wub:

You mean attending the Malene Birger fashion show in 2003 prior to the October 2003 announcement? Yup, pretty much.

Marie does look beautiful in those shots. I look forward to seeing more of her in the future.

I guess we're not the only ones to think so. Right after I wrote that comment I saw the article with the pic of Mary at the 2003 show. :D The question is, will she move to Denmark first (a la Mary) or will an engagement be announced and then a move?

lovely photos!!! she looks beautiful, fashion marie she looks radiant (i'm thinking engagement too) thanks glitteringtiaras. thats not one of marys best photos, i don't think i've seen it before.

She looks very nice, although she could've done without the clunky necklace.
The similarities between Mary and Marie keep increasing..

This current fashion show was attended by Mary - Alexandra -Marie. Did any of the three attend on the same day, and if so did they acknowledge each other ? :wub:

The three women attended different fashion shows (Mary - Baum und Pferdgarten, Alexandra - Pureheart, Marie - Malene Birger), but all part of the Copenhagen International Fashion Fair. I'm pretty sure they were all on different days too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom