Prince Christian, Current Events 1: November 2005 - July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What great pictures! That is nice how they post pictures of their daily lives.

Alexandria said:
I especially like these images because they are the kind of images any of us might have of our own childhood or might take of our children. There is such a personal quality to them, rather than something formal and posed.
This was just what I thought when I looked at the pictures first, they're wonderful and natural baby pictures for a family album. I love them, it's the sort of picture everyone wants to have of their children through all stages of childhood.

Prince Christian is certainly a real cutie. And he even has his own little plastic pool, how very normal :)

GrandDuchess said:
Prince Christian is certainly a real cutie. And he even has his own little plastic pool, how very normal :)
The pool is probably a very nice thing for him, considering how warm it's been in the Copenhagen-area recently... I wish I had one of those.

nayralorenzo said:
Incredible...so cute and handsome!
I love him! I want a copy for me :D

OH MY GOD!!!!! Christian is sooooooooo gorgeous and cute!!!! Beautiful smile, beautiful eyes and most important healthy, happy and active.
wub.gif

It is very nice of Mary and Frederik to share these so beautiful, so sweet and so natural pictures with us.

Amen

Last edited:
he certainly is adorable- what a little cutie he is. I bet he will have many girls following him around when he gets older- he has that cute cheeky grin that will get him anything !!!:)

Christian is so adorable!! :) He's one of those babies you just want to eat up with a spoon! :D
My favourite pic is the last one, in the grey, blue and green jumper, his smile is so cheeky!
Thanks to Mary & Fred for releasing these photos!

I think that he always has and still does look exactly like his mom.

Thank you for the pictures Christian is so cute. My favourite is the one with him in the grey/blue/green jumper. :)

Alexandria said:
I especially like these images because they are the kind of images any of us might have of our own childhood or might take of our children. There is such a personal quality to them, rather than something formal and posed.
that's what I was thinking too! I also like how they dress him in the kind of clothes any (Western) parent would dress their little boy in. Other royal families often deck out their offspring in these precious looking outfits, as if we're meant to look at these kids as if they're 18th century progenies. Mary's bucking this trend clearly thank goodness.

As for the little guy himself, my how he's grown! And gosh doesn't he look like everyone from his dad to both his granddads to his mom! Don't really see Margarethe in him though, but rather tons of Henrik.

He's going to be breaking hearts as he grows older!!! He's such a sweety pie.

I am very surprised these three photos of the little (and adorably cute) Prince were released to the public. As Alexandria said, they are like normal photos one would take of their kids, especially the one of him in the pool. They're just common, everyday but personal moments that we have got to see. We get to see him not as Christian the future king, but as Christian the baby who dribbles while eating watermelon and does things all of us have done at some point in our lives. So endearing. I want to give the little guy a hug. :)

The last picture of Christian smiling in his cute little grey, blue, and green outfit is priceless! His smile is absolutely adorable. Can anybody say future heartbreaker?....:D

I hate to rain on this parade, in fact, I'm afraid to rain on this parade, but here goes:

I don't really like these photos. Yes, the baby is cute, but the pictures are ordinary. I prefer to see royalty in either formal events or photo ops or posed pictures. I don't want to see how ordinary they really are.

I will say, though, that they made me think twice about some of the the negative judgments that I've made about Mary in the past. Maybe she's not so full of herself, but I still would rather not see these pictures.

Last edited:
Prince Christian looks absolutely adorable. I love how Mary & Frederik are trying to be as normal a family as possible with Christian. Maybe they are under the realization that pictures will be posted of their family one way or the other, so it might as well be under their terms. I think they are doing a fabulous job.

royaltywatcher said:
I don't really like these photos. Yes, the baby is cute, but the pictures are ordinary. I prefer to see royalty in either formal events or photo ops or posed pictures. I don't want to see how ordinary they really are.

Well, I really do like them and here's why: I'm from a country where the crown princely couple always gives offical photo shoots with their children and yes, we had some wonderful pictures last week (as you could have seen in the Tavernelle photoshoot thread) but I don't think it's spontaneous at all. I mean, I understand that royals want their privacy (especially for their kids) and organize big photoshoots like these, but it's always the same. A prince and princess with their two beautiful daughters, posing for some happy pictures. It's not that I'm dissatisfied with these photoshoots (not at all) but I really loved seeing the pics of Christian which where taken by Frederik and Mary themselves and gave us a look in their daily lives. Does that mean I want to see how ordinary they really are? No, not at all. I just see a happy Christian who isn't distracted by tuns of photographers and I think that's lovely. I'm happy his parents chose to share these cute pics with us! Just my 2 cents of course. :)

For the rest I just want to hug the little one too, as Danielle said. He's just so cute!

Maxie said:
I'm from a country where the crown princely couple always gives offical photo shoots with their children and yes, we had some wonderful pictures last week (as you could have seen in the Tavernelle photoshoot thread) but I don't think it's spontaneous at all. I mean, I understand that royals want their privacy (especially for their kids) and organize big photoshoots like these, but it's always the same. A prince and princess with their two beautiful daughters, posing for some happy pictures.
You make a great point here Maxie, I really do have to agree with you. It would be nice if we could get some of both - perhaps official photo shoots along with the occasional release of more private pictures, taken by the parents or any other family member. That would be very nice, and it would certainly give us a lot of naturalness and spontaneity, and less posing.

Little Christian definitely has Henrik's eyes...but Mary's cute turn-up nose.

Cute, very cute.

Little Christian is adorable, and so cute...
He has his father's eyes, sure...BUt the Tasmanian nose of his mum !
Best
AR

Karajan said:
Little Christian is adorable, and so cute...
He has his father's eyes, sure...BUt the Tasmanian nose of his mum !
Best
AR

What does a Tasmanian nose look like? haha I know what you mean :) I agree.

Beautiful pictures of Christian! He is so adorable and beautiful! :)
I love this new photos!
He`s growing up so fast! He`s getting cuter everytime we see him! :rolleyes:

Maxie said:
Well, I really do like them and here's why: I'm from a country where the crown princely couple always gives offical photo shoots with their children and yes, we had some wonderful pictures last week (as you could have seen in the Tavernelle photoshoot thread) but I don't think it's spontaneous at all. I mean, I understand that royals want their privacy (especially for their kids) and organize big photoshoots like these, but it's always the same. A prince and princess with their two beautiful daughters, posing for some happy pictures
I agree, and Im glad you brought up the dutch photoshoots, I thought the same thing, they pretty much look the same, very posed, and allthough Maxima and Willem Alexander do their best the children looks a little miffed by all the press screaming Amaaaaaliaaaaaa, and I wont be suprised if the papprazzi will try get some more natural this summer. I think you get more natural pictures like Philippe and Mathilde just did, invite one photographer the family is familiar with with them doing some activites. But I also like seeing some private pictures like theese. Someone said they looked to ordinary, I disagree, Christian looks like happy healthy boy, and I much prefer them than some of the official ones released that were taken by Steen Evald, they were IMO, stiff, airbrushed, posed and Christian did not look half as cute as in theese pictures taken by his parents, yes the light and focus is not soooooo professional, but who cares. Theese pics are adorable.

As this thread is quite long - it has been closed.

We hope you'll join us in the new thread.

Danish forum moderators

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom