Prince Christian and Lille Prinsesse, Current Events 1: March 2007 - June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably has his moments, like most toddlers, but I agree that for the most part he is very good and well-behaved. He does seem quiet and thoughtful. However, Mary and Frederik may get a handful with our Little Princess or another child that comes along the way!

Ok, I found them! Thanks for the help, though. It was good to see her, but I can't wait until her christening, when we'll get to see clear pictures!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that it has been brought up it actually made me think about the fact that we´ve never seen him go crazy over something in public like when you go to the super market you hear all these screaming kids who just want some attention from their parents or simply a piece of candy... Children´s behaviour is often a result of upbringing as well as personality. He didn´t even scream or cry at his christening

Oh I could gush on and on about this little boy. He is by far my favourite royal toddler just as his sister even though we haven´t seen much of her yet.

Many, many babies cry at their christenings (except me- I slept during the entire thing. Didn't wake up once!). I know a number of royal babies did. But it was only a temporary thing, I think. Didn't Mom get Christian back to normal?

Here is a short video clip of the Christening (screaming), GrandDuchessOlga.:flowers:

You can also see the entire christening of Prince Christian here. The video is from NRK Norway.

Lady Bluffton said:
From all of his latest photos, Christian strikes me as a very quiet and pensive little boy. He seems to be constantly observing everything that's going on around him. Now, maybe behind the scenes, he's a raving terror, but I don't think so. He seems very well-behaved and contemplative to me. Hopefully he'll grow up to be just as nice a young man!:angel:

I think that too.
I love well behaved children. They seem happier and self-confident than terrorist children :lol:.
Princess Amalia is sweet and so on but she seems very spoiled and that won't be good for her in future. By contrary, Christian already seems more aware of his duties to the public.

i think it goes hand in hand. well behaved children have been disciplined which equates with love and protection (they feel safe because they know their parents will take care of them). terrorists children are overwelmed with no limits and are asking for discipline and control of their world.
i had an interesting conversation with my cousin who had her child in theraphy for bad behavior (before 10 i might add) she didn't use the word NO because it had a "negative" impact blah blah. when the kids running into the street in front of a car, what? you're supposed to yell "wait honey lets talk about your feeling about being flattened by a car"
thought i'd link the definition Definition of discipline - Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
"training that corrects, molds, or perfects the mental faculties or moral character"

Aww even when she is crying she is cute:flowers:

Aquarela said:
I think that too.
I love well behaved children. They seem happier and self-confident than terrorist children :lol:.
Princess Amalia is sweet and so on but she seems very spoiled and that won't be good for her in future. By contrary, Christian already seems more aware of his duties to the public.

I agree with you! I don't know if Amalia is a Terrorist" child but yes, she seems a bit spoiled :)
I prefer well behaved children too. I believe they are more prepared to face the world than turbo children. I hate to be in a restaaurant with children around screaming and jumping all the time.

Interesting post of yours, bbb.

Last edited:
Mary looks to me like a well educated woman and I think that plays a role in her sons behaivor. I dont picture her like the mum of a child terrorist child. On the other hand, dont forget one day Christian could be king of Denmark therefore his education must be very disciplined since such a young age, a spoiled king is a delicate matter

Lady Bluffton said:
From all of his latest photos, Christian strikes me as a very quiet and pensive little boy. He seems to be constantly observing everything that's going on around him. Now, maybe behind the scenes, he's a raving terror, but I don't think so. He seems very well-behaved and contemplative to me. Hopefully he'll grow up to be just as nice a young man!:angel:

descibed him very well lady bluffon:ROFLMAO: Its a good thing at such a young age that he is aware of his surrondings.

avrilo said:
Mary looks to me like a well educated woman and I think that plays a role in her sons behaivor. I dont picture her like the mum of a child terrorist child. On the other hand, dont forget one day Christian could be king of Denmark therefore his education must be very disciplined since such a young age, a spoiled king is a delicate matter

True but i also think that its normal for young children to mis behave sometimes and be naughty from time to time. IMO for a normal up bringing children are given the chace to be naughty sometimes its in their natural behaviour but in the future itll all change:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
awwww poor baby! Hungry and tired. It was a very big day for her.

Looking only for her fair hair I hope that she wouldn't be next little copy of Henrik:eek:

Looking like Henrik wouldn't be the worst that could happen IMO; he was an extremely good looking person in his younger days :)

Her hair looks alot lighter and she seems not to have very much!

UserDane said:
Looking like Henrik wouldn't be the worst that could happen IMO; he was an extremely good looking person in his younger days :)

He was nice looking.

By contrary, Christian already seems more aware of his duties to the public.

Since when does an 18 month old kid realize he has "duties to the public"? The kid can't even put a sentence together so what makes anyone think he already knows about his destiny, sense of duty, and tradition?

Furthermore, let's get off the whole "terrorist" child thing. It's becoming quite old. Moreover, to bash a child (in this case Amalia) is really really low.

So I am asking politely, to everyone, please stop. For those who want to continue the discussion, "Amalia the Terrorist child" vs. "Christian the 18 mo old kid who knows his duty" then please do it PM.

Thank you.

avrilo said:

Indeed! You learn how to be a real King since your earlier age.

I am sorry, Tiaras, but I thought this was a democratic forum. If you are not allowed to say that in your own opinion Christian seems to already have a notion of his duties (and Amalia seems more spoiled than Christian) without hearing a threat, then I don't know what we can discuss in a royalty forum.

Thank you!

Well, you are allowed to fill 3 pages with wishes on his 2nd birthday :p
With his early sense of duty, he surely can already read them ;)

Aquarela said:
I am sorry, Tiaras, but I thought this was a democratic forum. If you are not allowed to say that in your own opinion Christian seems to already have a notion of his duties (and Amalia seems more spoiled than Christian) without hearing a threat, then I don't know what we can discuss in a royalty forum.

Thank you!

Sorry Aquarela, I meant no disrespect to you or your opinion.:flowers:

Lena, knock it off. :D Please contribute something that is actually interesting and that will further the discussion. And, no, snarky remarks don't count.:D

I think Lille Princesse will look like Grandma and Mom. She looks very much like Margrethe did at that age.

magnik said:
He was...:D
LOL - yes I know was is the operative word here; but I'm willing to cut him some slack since he is now over 70 and seems to have decided to enjoy his interest in good wine and food to the fullest!
If Lillepigen takes after him we just have to persuade her to stay off too much good wine and food :D

i think he's the cutest little boy., and he deserves to be at least a little bit spoilt! though i dont think he looks spoilt at all., he looks like a normal little boy enjoying his mommy and playing. i'm sure when the time comes he'll be bought up well educated :)

GlitteringTiaras said:
Sorry Aquarela, I meant no disrespect to you or your opinion.:flowers:

I am sorry too. Thanks. :flowers:

Thanks Lena, I'm glad you agree! hehe!

Thanks UserDane for letting us know how pre-schools work in Denmark. Here in Mexico only rich children attend pre-schools and they must go everyday. I think pre-schools can be very challeging for a young child, and I am glad Christian is attendind one.

GlitteringTiaras said:
Since when does an 18 month old kid realize he has "duties to the public"? The kid can't even put a sentence together so what makes anyone think he already knows about his destiny, sense of duty, and tradition?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

That's it. Let's all get real and let Christian, a CHILD, be A CHILD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom