General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 1: August 2007 - February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Intresting article. QM has been out of the public eye for sometime, hardly see her anymore, maybe 2-4 events a month. I wonder how long will she stay as Queen in such a situation.Thanks GT for sharing:)

Queen Margrethe has said that she will stay as Queen until she takes her final breath,so we hopefully have Queen Margrethe for a long time.

Queen Margrethe has said that she will stay as Queen until she takes her final breath,so we hopefully have Queen Margrethe for a long time.

Oh thanks, i wasnt familiar with that.sometimes things dont go as planned but wish her best health:flowers:

The Queen should stay Queen until she dies. That's the way it should be for all monarchs unless, they are physically or mentally incapable of serving the nation. Since she isn't in a coma and isn't insane, I'd say she will be around for awhile.

I think the Queen does however, have health problems. So for her to hand off a few more duties as her age increases is logical. It is a way to get Mary and Fred to ease more and more into their future roles instead of having everything dumped in their lap.

Regarding the fact that Joachim and Frederik seem to gradually take over patronages from their father I wonder if it isn't Prince Henrik who has health problems. He doesn't look very healthy in general and he fell ill with bronchitis during the state visit to South Corea. Perhaps the Queen is reducing her duties to spend more time with her husband?

I think all mentioned reasons mayby right but I want to add that giving some her duties to Mary shows trust about crown princess. I think it's quite big thing for crown princess but ofcourse it's logical that when parents want little rest or are little ill then their children or son/daugther-in-law takes some their duties.

I also think that both the Queen and PH are in bad health.

Mary may well have asked QM for more opportunities to prove herself ...

I don't think that at all! It is quite obvious that the Queen must rest more and the King is not in good heakth either so it is natural that the Queen give more duties to the future Queen that has give proofs until now that she will be a wodnerful Queen of Denmark;)!!

...and the King

You of course mean, Prince Consort ;)

I also think that both the Queen and PH are in bad health.

I think perhaps the Queen and Prince Henrik are faced with an anavoidable circumstance....aging!

The fact both are/were smokers has done little to aide the process, of course, but I believe there are a number of years left in Daisy and 'H' yet!

Last edited:
It is so cold in Denmark rigth now! I hope to see some pictures of Mary and Christina playing in the snow!

It is so cold in Denmark rigth now! I hope to see some pictures of Mary and Christina playing in the snow!
Alas biboquinhas - we haven't spotted the first snowflake yet :flowers: - but hopefully we will soon. Unfortunately, we often only get proper snow weather after Christmas (and each year we - at least the children - hope it will come early!)

I don't think so. If more duties are allocated to Mary QM will do the first step not the other way around. Mary is not in the position to decide who will do what in the DRF. I believe QM has understood Mary is an asset and is pleased with the way her daughter in law performs her duties so it's a logical step to allocate more, especially when the Queen and Prince Henri are feeling the strains of age :rolleyes:

If they have to be playing in the snow, you might have to wait a bit. It isn't snowing that often i Denmark. Last winter we only had about four days with the ground covered in snow.

But seeing them playing in the snow would be a nice picture:wub:

Maybe I'm missing something, but who's Christina? Did you mean Isabella?

Alas biboquinhas - we haven't spotted the first snowflake yet :flowers: - but hopefully we will soon. Unfortunately, we often only get proper snow weather after Christmas (and each year we - at least the children - hope it will come early!)

We already had the first snow two weeks ago :lol:

This is a nice article that was published by the german magazine STERN Prinzessinnen-TÜV: Thron oder Hohn? - Lifestyle - stern.de It does check how the newer crown princesses do manage their jobs and if they are already ready for the throne (Palast oder Ballast) About Mary it says
She's perfect. Sometimes she does act and speak like a princess chip was inplanted... A nice couple without further riscs or adverse reaction... Conculusion: we are more a fan of her chainsmoking mother in law Margrethe II.

We already had the first snow two weeks ago

In Denmark the oceanic climate is combined with a west/northwest wind that leads barometer low pressure areas from the sea to land. This combined with Denmark beeing flat without a single mountain - results in very milde winters.

Though beeing a nordic country the winters i Denmark therefore usually are milder then winters i the southern midt european countryes.

The winters in Norway, Sweden and Finland though are rather tough and they usually get a lot of snow - unlike Denmark.

So if we are going to see pictures of F&M and the kids playing in the snow, it will most likely be snow fallen in The Alpes, Norway or any other country then Denmark. I do hope though that we get sufficient snow to build just one snowman.

Last edited:
We already had the first snow two weeks ago :lol:

This is a nice article that was published by the german magazine STERN Prinzessinnen-TÜV: Thron oder Hohn? - Lifestyle - stern.de It does check how the newer crown princesses do manage their jobs and if they are already ready for the throne (Palast oder Ballast) About Mary it says

Something similar (in a short form) was also in BUNTE. The winner was Crownprincess Maxima (20 of 20 points), second Crownprincess Victoria...
It was also in a Norwegian newspaper (wrote BUNTE).

I love these article from Ekstrabladet (it is so funny):
"Mary: I am not rich"
Ekstra Bladet - Mary: Jeg er ikke rig

I love the fine irony in the article - and behind the situation. The Christmas Seal helps really poor children and she said: "I am not rich..." I think it is a little bit "unlucky" to say something like this in a situation like this...

Last edited:
I love these article from Ekstrabladet (it is so funny):
"Mary: I am not rich"
Ekstra Bladet - Mary: Jeg er ikke rig

I love the fine irony in the article - and behind the situation. The Christmas Seal helps really poor children and she said: "I am not rich..." I think it is a little bit "unlucky" to say something like this in a situation like this...

yes, i think the same. under what situation did she make the comment? perhaps someone can clarify?

The Crown Princess, herself, is not a wealthy woman. It is only her position which dictates and receives a certified stipend from her busbands annual appanage. So in all actuality, her marital station is of adequate affluence, though not Mary, the person.

Certainly $300,000 a year (a rough conversion between DKK and AUD of the 10% Mary receives), or there abouts, isn't anything to scoff at and I'm certain Mary would think much the same way (one is positively hopeful that view would be shared).

HRH would be correct 'if' she infact made such a statement, though it would be expected that some may in turn misundertsand the reasoning.

Last edited:
But afterall she IS rich woman because she has loving husband, 2 beautiful kids, big house and garden and ofcourse danish people who loves her:)

I have read somewhere that a book just came out about Mary that is not flattering. Is any of it true? Who is the author and how would they know about her life?

Sorry if you already have said things about this is previous posts.:flowers:

yes, i think the same. under what situation did she make the comment? perhaps someone can clarify?
She talked to the children at the presentation of the christmas seal and they asked her several questions, e.g. are you rich?
The media wasn't overhearing the conversation but apparently asked the children afterwards what they were talking about. According to Billed-Bladet the children said that Mary said she is rich but not as rich as the queen. According to Ekstrabladet (always a relieable source :ROFLMAO:) she said she isn't rich. Anyway, both are just quoting/misquoting? the kids.

I have read somewhere that a book just came out about Mary that is not flattering. Is any of it true? Who is the author and how would they know about her life?

Sorry if you already have said things about this is previous posts.:flowers:

Georgiea, It has been discussed here in the forum, Danish Royal Watchers also discuss it here - scoll down and read the posts from the bottom up if you want to read them in order.

I read last week in one of the rainbow-press-magazines an headline which made me very angry.

They wrote:
(my own translation)

The marriage crisis escalates!
Mary & Frederik
From where does he have the black eye?

The headline suggest, that Crownprincess Mary has beaten Crownprince Frederik. This is of course NOT TRUE!!! And if you read the whole article, they wrote exactly it: That it wasn't Crownprincess Mary, that he ran against something because he was a little bit careless.

If there are people just reading the headline, they have a complete wrong view. I hate things like this...

Last edited:
And in the meantime he hurt himself during a game of squash.

Stellad

Mary assaulted Frederik? :lol::lol:

Her years spent mastering the art of Tai Kwon Do have been put to the test :lol:

Last edited:
LOL, the press should stick to generalization such as Mary is having a tough time adjusting to Danemark because this is just ridiculous. I gave Fred the black eye for crying out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom