The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Very surprised to see Mary, and she doesn't look that great. However it is nice to see the family.

Old 12-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Courtier

CP Mary looks pretty damn good for a woman who will most likely give birth to twins this month!!!!

Old 12-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I meant in that outfit, not in general.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Courtier

Yes...I know you meant the outfit (I read Mary's maternity thread first)! I however, did mean that she looked good generally!
Old 12-12-2010, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Old 12-14-2010, 06:09 AM
Administrator

Here are three more articles with pics from the ballet premiere:

** Los príncipes Federico y Mary y sus hijos asisten al estreno de la obra de ballet en la que la reina Margarita ha colaborado **

** Kronprinsparet Mary och Frederik har redan två busfrön… **

** Mary de Danemark : A un mois de l'arrivée des jumeaux, sortie en famille ! **
Old 12-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

One more article with photos from the ballet premiere:

Danish royals on last outing before Princess Mary gives birth - hellomagazine.com
Old 12-16-2010, 07:27 AM
Majesty

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #50, 2010.
Kys og kram til farmor - Kisses and hugs for grandmother.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

Who went with the DRF to see the ballet A Tivoli Dream.
QMII was naturally present and so were M&F with their children.
Farmor (grandmother) Margrethe got a big hug from Christian and kisses and hugs from an eager Isabella as well.
Before the show started Mary said: "They have both been looking forward to this afternoon".
Bella parked herself on the lap of QMII, who told her about what was going to happen on stage.

The show started and at some point three of the smallest ballet-children appeared on stage dressed as little dog and that had Bella cracking up with laughter.

After the show lemonade, beer, gløgg (mulled wine) and æbleskiver (fritters) (*) were served. While grandma Margrethe had some quality time with her grandchildren, M&F had a chat with Caroline and Peter Heering (**) and their two children.

However, Bella had a really great time and when it became time to leave, she was absolutely in no mood to go home! She had been busty drinking lemonade and dancing ballet, so in the end mother Mary had to put her foot down and took her daughter by the hand and took her out to the car.
Isabella protested loudly, with tears running down her cheeks: "I don't wanna go home. I don't wanna go home"!

A note informs us that M&F went to the Bellevue Theathre to watch the comedy show: Rytteriet = the Cavalry. With them went Mary's hairdresser, Søren Hedegaard, Alexander and Sarah Kølpin and Peter Zobel.

(*) Æbleskiver are absolutely delicious, especially if homemade. We've often made them for our own children and looked on in astonishment at how many such little creatures are able to stuff themselves with.
Æbleskiver: Æbleskiver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Which should be made in an cast iron pan, which is also displayed here.

(**) I guess he, being a staff officer, wasn't required to serve for a full six months tour of duty in Afghanistan.

------------------------------------

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #50, 2010.
Kærligt gensyn - Lovely reunion.
Written by Anna Johannsen.

Where we finally learn why Prince Henrik was stroking Frederik's hair.

Frederik was waiting outside the Danish Geographical Society for his parents. For whatever reason he was wearing an anticipating smile, judging from the photos in the article. First OMII, then Prince Henrik, who stroked Frederik's hair: "Your hair sure has become short".

Well inside they all sat and listened to the globetrotter Troels Kløvedal (*) telling about his travels. He and QMII had a good chat at the reception afterwards.
QMII unfortunately had to leave at some point due to a nasty cough.

Vice-president of the Danish Geographical Society is former chief of court, Søren Haslund-Christensen.

(*) Troels Kløvedal, QMII and Frederik share a common love for the sea. Troels Kløvedal recenly made a TV series about the Danish Navy. The royal Yacht Danneborg is a navy ship and a long interview with QMII took part onboard that ship. Even though they are very different persons, they quckly clicked when they started to talk about the sea and Dannebrog. I didn't see the segment with Frederik.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:48 AM
Administrator

Prince Henrik together with Prince Felix and Prince Nikolai attended the New
Years Event of the Elephant Parade in Copenhagen at the Scandic Hotel,
January 27, 2011. The elephant Prince Henrik had decorated was revealed.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery **

** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 **

** Prins Henrik tog med sig barnbarnen på stan **

** BB: Nikolai og Felix i byen med farfar **

** Les princes Felix et Nikolai de Danemark suivent papy au pays des éléphants ! **
Old 01-28-2011, 03:52 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger

Prince Henrik with grandchildren Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix at the presentation of his elephant to the Elephant Parade. January 27, 2011

PPE Agency Denmark
Old 01-28-2011, 03:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Prince Henrik together with Prince Felix and Prince Nikolai attended the New
Years Event of the Elephant Parade in Copenhagen at the Scandic Hotel,
January 27, 2011. The elephant Prince Henrik had decorated was revealed.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery **

** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 **
Thanks, Iceflower

It's always nice to see PH with his grandchildren.

And methinks Nikolai has reached that age, where he finds it a little bit silly to sit on the back of a model elephant.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:59 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Great event for a grandparent to take the grandchildren to & to spend time with them.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:43 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger

According to "Billed Bladet" Crown Prince Frederik,Prince Henrik,Prince Joachim and Princess Marie will be in Malmo to watch the Handball World Cup Final

Billed-Bladet - Kongefamilien holder VM-træf i Malmø søndag

Google Traduttore
Old 01-30-2011, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
According to "Billed Bladet" Crown Prince Frederik,Prince Henrik,Prince Joachim and Princess Marie will be in Malmo to watch the Handball World Cup Final

Billed-Bladet - Kongefamilien holder VM-træf i Malmø søndag

Google Traduttore
There is no confirmation on Prince Henrik, Joachim or Marie attending yet but it was said that there were talks of them turning up. So far the Crown Prince is confirmed.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger

Photos from the match. There are Frederik, Prince Henrik,Joachim and Marie

Pic 1 * Pic 2

More photos from the match

Pic 1 * Pic 2 * Pic 3 * Pic 4 * Pic 5

Prince Joachim of Denmark, his wife Princess Marie, his brother Crown Prince Frederik and his father Prince Henrik are watching the final handball match Denmark vs France during world championship in Malmoe. January 30, 2011

PPE Agency Malmoe
Old 01-30-2011, 01:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Photos from the match. There are Frederik, Prince Henrik,Joachim and Marie

Pic 1 * Pic 2
The man and woman next to CP Frederik is our Prime Minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen and his wife Solrun.
And the couple next to Pss Marie is our minister of culture Per Stig Møller and his girlfriend/wife Xukun Ji (I´m not sure whether they are married or not)
Old 01-30-2011, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Those are nice pictures. Frederik looks like he's thoroughly enjoying the match. It's nice to see the brothers (and wife) out with their father.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:59 PM
Nobility

Joachim was extremly into the game during extratime from what i saw. Almost like a hooligan. Fredrik was more cooler:)
Old 01-30-2011, 03:32 PM
Aristocracy

does marie cut her hair?
Old 01-30-2011, 03:36 PM
Royal Highness

I briefly saw Joachim and Marie on the TV screen during the game on the french channels, but nothing after the final whistle. Denmark played a very good game, maybe the most serious opponent we had during the competition, but I am so glad we won

Closed Thread