Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News 1: February 2011 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is Isabella going to school this year already?

Pss Isabella is so gorgeous! I love the way they allow her to be herself and don't try to mold her into the perfect child, even when the camera's are around. She is turning into a beauty!!

Isabella's definitely a little character with a huge personality. It's great that her parents encourage her to be herself.

It´s great to see a little girl as spontaneous as she is pretty and happy. She grows prettier and prettier as her features become those of little girl full of personality.

aww. Isabella is absolutely adorable! Has she started school yet?

Apparently not and I now believe she will start next year.

I've been trying to find the article where I read about her starting this year, no luck.
- Perhaps I've eaten too many vegetables and had an hallucination? That happens, you know, when you eat too much of that green stuff.....

I too think she'll start next year when she's six years old, I think that Christian started school at five because he was turning six in October whereas Isabella doesn't turn six until April next year. I, myself, started school at six which I think is a very comfortable age to start at.

That picture gallery is wonderful, it's always amusing to see pictures of Bella, she's a precious little goofball.

Last edited:
Apparently not and I now believe she will start next year.

I've been trying to find the article where I read about her starting this year, no luck.
- Perhaps I've eaten too many vegetables and had an hallucination? That happens, you know, when you eat too much of that green stuff.....

Yep, too many vegetables aren't good for you! Thanks for the pictures!

Isabella's definitely a little character with a huge personality. It's great that her parents encourage her to be herself.

If she were not already famous and busy being a little princess, Bella could have been a child actress. Out of Mary and Fred's four she seems to be the most charismatic by far - although we don't see nearly enough of those twins! ;)

My pleasure Daria_S and Mburucuya (Welcome to TRF, by the way :flowers:).

Well, if we look at Vincent's performance at Gråsten, he appears to be confident and lively, so lots of entertainment coming up...

My pleasure Daria_S and Mburucuya (Welcome to TRF, by the way :flowers:).

Well, if we look at Vincent's performance at Gråsten, he appears to be confident and lively, so lots of entertainment coming up...

Yes, Vincent seemed to enjoy playing to the camera and smiled up a storm. I think him and Isabella could be an act in and of themselves. Who needs a stand-up comedian when you have cute royal kids doing extremely cute and funny stuff :D?

Yes, definitively, the Danish foursome are unique. And I don´t think we´ll ever be bored watching them. Isabella is by far (right now, at least) the star of the family, but Christian seems to be a very natural boy and one can expect anything from him. We´ll see how the twins will turn out, but with such a pair of older siblings, they probably will be pure entertainment as well.
Loved the tradition about the golden bracelet.

I guess it's too soon for a seperate Isabella's jewellery thread yet. ;)

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #32, 2012.
Isabella fik farmors armbånd - Isabella got grandmother's bracelet.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

There is a tradition in the DRF, started by Queen Ingrid, that all the female members of the DRF get a simple gold bracelet when they turn five.

So did Isabella when she turned five and she is indeed seen wearing that bracelet in the pictures from London.

In fact the adult women, Margrethe, Anne-Marie and Benedikte, wear it very often if not constantly.
It is presumed in the article that Bella's bracelet is Queen Margrethe's old bracelet, stored away from when she was a little girl - and had a slimmer wrist.

Queen Anne-Marie has told about the tradition: "Both Princess Benedikte and I have given our daughters a bracelet identical (to mine), and they will give one to their daughters when they turn five".
As such also Alexia's daughters, Arrietta and Ana Maria wear that bracelet as well. Amelia has to wait a little longer.
Anne-Marie's bracelet broke some time back: "I was deeply unhappy, until it was repaired. Since then I haven't taken it off".

The next in the DRF to recieve the bracelet are Josephine and Athena.

Billed Bladet has posted pretty much the same article, with photos of the various women wearing the gold bracelet:
Billed-Bladet - Se prinsesse Isabellas særlige armbånd fra farmor

I would love to see more of the twins too!!

I wish we could encourage Mary and Fred to take some regular video of the four and post on YouTube or something. Kids can be very funny and entertaining. I don't suppose they'd listen....:flowers:

Princess Peach said:
I wish we could encourage Mary and Fred to take some regular video of the four and post on YouTube or something. Kids can be very funny and entertaining. I don't suppose they'd listen....:flowers:

That would be a huge invasion of privacy in my mind. Those are family occasions that should be kept as family memories.

Maybe they can't legally. I can't see the Family selling the pics and I think you would have to have permission to publish. I could be way off base on that but who knows.

I think CHELLY might be right. Those were private pictures taken by Mary. Unless they have her go-ahead, I think they would not publish them.

They wouldn't post them on kongehuset.dk if Mary hadn't approved of it, things that are posted on the website (by the Royal family and their staff, that is) are made available to the public and can be used I believe. The Danish media is just slow, I guess.

Does Prince Christian has start primary shcool this year? Have we seen his first day of school this year has last year we did?

Christian is turning seven today.

And on that occasion four pictures have been published: TV 2 Gallery

(You can also find them on the DRF website).
As usual it's Mary who has taken the pictures.

Judging from the nature in the background and the lack of houses, it looks very much like they were made near Trend.

Last edited:
Thanks Muhler.

Lovely photos, Prince Christian, is growing up quickly. Being a big brother to three siblings probably makes him grow up a little faster, like most kids in this situation.

He is such a good looking little man, love his blue eyes.

Family pictures are always nice since they show a very casual side of the child/person. When they are done by a professional it seems they are quite photoshoped and staged.

Not bad pictures at all. Do we know when they might be taken? Recently judging from the weather I would say.

Not bad pictures at all. Do we know when they might be taken? Recently judging from the weather I would say.

My guess would be this weekend. The weather was reasonably well and they have gone to Trend before in week #42, which is the autumn holiday for schools.

A neat little detail is the roadsign saying Christian road. It looks pretty unofficial to me and I doubt we will find that road on any official map, but it's a funny idea if they name various tracks in the woods after their children.

ADDED: A 31 picture gallery of Christian from Billed Bladet on his seventh birtday: http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2012/10/Prins%20Christian%20fejrer%20sin%20syv%20aars%20foedselsdag.aspx
I hope the gallery will uploaded to Picasa Web soon.

Se alle billederne: Her er dine syv første år, Prins Christian! | www.bt.dk

And we have a gallery from BT, walking down memory lane with Christian.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely new photos of Prince Christian! I really like that the pictures are taken outside in the Danish nature and that it is Mary herself who took the pictures.
And what beautiful blue eyes Christian he has!

Looking at the pictures, I think too that they are in Trend in this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom