The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 04-22-2013, 10:56 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
I found this beautiful image on internet.

Prince Rafael of Brazil and Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg would make a beautifull couple. Also, Empress Alexandra of Brazil sound really good for me.

Both are very beautiful young people.

Prince Rafael - http://forumbrasilimperial.forumeiro...do-brasil-1986

Princess Alexandra - http://www.allthingsroyal.nl/blog/wp...ans_img_02.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dom Rafael e Dona Alexandra.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	288721  
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 04-22-2013, 11:06 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
Indeed, they would make a beautiful couple.
Thanks for share those images, Helena.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 04-22-2013, 11:31 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenHelena View Post
People of that ilk exists in all countries. It's up to you decide to hang with them.
Yes, thankfully there are young, hip, creative, active people in all countries. Terribly dull if there were not, everyday would be as exciting as visiting grandma on bingo night in the home.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 04-22-2013, 11:36 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Yes, thankfully there are young, hip, creative, active people in all countries. Terribly dull if there were not.
I agree with you.

But there's a huge difference between "young, hip, creative, active" and "sexualised", "unfaithful" and "jealous".
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 04-23-2013, 12:00 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
I agree with you.

But there's a huge difference between "young, hip, creative, active" and "sexualised", "unfaithful" and "jealous".
OK OK, I will accept your view, despite all evidence to the contrary, that Brazilians are really quite puritanical and Calvinist, virginal until marriage, always faithful and thus never jealous. Obviously the image that Brazil portrays to attract tourist dollars is bogus and Brazilian expats who talk about how sexy and passionate Brazilians are are just lying to keep up the image for the tourists. Probably the young people on the beaches and in the clubs were just hired to portray sexy and any fights were just over spilled drinks and not because some man looked too long at another mans wife/girlfriend. The club owner was probably wrong when he pointed out which men were married and in the club with people other than their wives and being careful about who would see them. He was probably also wrong when he said Brazilian women know these things about their husbands but chose to turn a blind eye. Really concierges, club owners, business guides in Rio, SP and Forteleza should correct the stories they tell foreign visitors lest we get an image that is not terribly puritanical about your people.

I am sure of course that the former Imperial Family have all the virtues that you expect.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 04-23-2013, 12:23 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
OK OK, I will accept your view, despite all evidence to the contrary, that Brazilians are really quite puritanical and Calvinist, virginal until marriage, always faithful and thus never jealous.
Not Calvinists and Puritans, nor the sluts and fornicators you are trying to say we are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Obviously the image that Brazil portrays to attract tourist dollars is bogus and Brazilian expats who talk about how sexy and passionate Brazilians are are just lying to keep up the image for the tourists.
Well, they said this to take your money.

And, if you went to a country only looking for those things, that's tell more about you than about the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Probably the young people on the beaches and in the clubs were just hired to portray sexy and any fights were just over spilled drinks and not because some man looked too long at another mans wife/girlfriend. The club owner was probably wrong when he pointed out which men were married and in the club with people other than their wives and being careful about who would see them. He was probably also wrong when he said Brazilian women know these things about their husbands but chose to turn a blind eye.
Now I understand, there was a bit of cultural shock.

But you'll see more shocking things at beaches and nightclubs of Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Really concierges, club owners, business guides in Rio, SP and Forteleza should correct the stories they tell foreign visitors lest we get an image that is not terribly puritanical about your people.
Again, they were just trying to take your money. And seems that they were successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I am sure of course that the former Imperial Family have all the virtues that you expect.
That's what really matters.

And don't use the word former to describe the Imperial Family, because they are all alive.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 04-23-2013, 12:24 AM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post

OK OK, I will accept your view, despite all evidence to the contrary, that Brazilians are really quite puritanical and Calvinist, virginal until marriage, always faithful and thus never jealous. Obviously the image that Brazil portrays to attract tourist dollars is bogus and Brazilian expats who talk about how sexy and passionate Brazilians are are just lying to keep up the image for the tourists. Probably the young people on the beaches and in the clubs were just hired to portray sexy and any fights were just over spilled drinks and not because some man looked too long at another mans wife/girlfriend. The club owner was probably wrong when he pointed out which men were married and in the club with people other than their wives and being careful about who would see them. He was probably also wrong when he said Brazilian women know these things about their husbands but chose to turn a blind eye. Really concierges, club owners, business guides in Rio, SP and Forteleza should correct the stories they tell foreign visitors lest we get an image that is not terribly puritanical about your people.

I am sure of course that the former Imperial Family have all the virtues that you expect.
Not Calvinist - Catholic. C'mon!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 04-23-2013, 12:27 AM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
Now I understand, there was a bit of cultural shock.

But you'll see more shocking things at beaches and nightclubs of Europe.
If there was a culture shock because NGalitzine isn't used to seeing a sexualized people like that, then it means that the Brazilian people are more sexualized than the people where NGalitzine comes from. You're not proving your point here.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 04-23-2013, 12:31 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Not Calvinist - Catholic. C'mon!
In fact, we have a great religious diversity here. I'm the son of a Catholic father and a Jewish mother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
If there was a culture shock because NGalitzine isn't used to seeing a sexualized people like that, then it means that the Brazilian people are more sexualized than the people where NGalitzine comes from. You're not proving your point here.
Well, bikinis and swimwear are proper clothes to use at beach. There's nothing sexual on that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 04-23-2013, 12:38 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
If there was a culture shock because NGalitzine isn't used to seeing a sexualized people like that, then it means that the Brazilian people are more sexualized than the people where NGalitzine comes from. You're not proving your point here.
LOL so true, but in all honesty the Brazilians behaved no differently than people in the South of France, Marbella, Ibiza, or the Greek islands or anywhere else in Europe or NA and I didnt expect a real difference either. I do think the supposed portrayal of Brazilians as puritanical, devout Catholic, virginal until marriage, monogamous etc etc is just as wrong there as it would be in most other places in this day and age especially with younger people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
And don't use the word former to describe the Imperial Family, because they are all alive.
I call all formerly reigning families former because it is the correct term. They are not a reiging family, they are a formerly reigning family regardless if descendents of the former Imperial Family still live.

Personally I believe that when your family lost their throne so long ago that no one is alive from when they were the reigning family you have become just common citizens with just a interesting set of ancestors.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 04-23-2013, 12:56 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
Even the Republican Government recognizes them as the Imperial Family.
Prince Luiz was referred as the Head of the Brazilian Imperial House, in a Government's tv program.
Usually Princes and Princesses are invited to represent the Imperial Family at official events.

When your Queen visited my country, in 1968, the Head of the Imperial Family, by that time the late Prince Pedro Henrique, met with her, on behalf of the Goverment. And the handful of Imperial, Royal and Princely Houses that exists recognize the existence of a Brazilian Imperial Family. They aren't "just common citizens with just a interesting set of ancestors", they have titles and rank. By royal pratices, even the Prince of Wales would be required to bow to the Head of the Brazilian Imperial House.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 04-23-2013, 01:42 AM
vkrish's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
By royal pratices, even the Prince of Wales would be required to bow to the Head of the Brazilian Imperial House.
NO...NO..NO...
I dont approve that..
The Prince of Wales bows only to reigning monarchs, deposed monarchs and their consorts.
Any evidence of his bowing to the so-called long-lost Royals/Imperials will be thoroughly appreciated..
__________________
The only word I hate in the Royal Dictionary - ABDICATION
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 04-23-2013, 02:51 AM
USCtrojan's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Phoenix, United States
Posts: 1,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenHelena View Post
Prince Rafael of Brazil and Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg would make a beautifull couple. Also, Empress Alexandra of Brazil sound really good for me.
Who is to say that they will fall in love and want to get married? Or that the Princess does not already have a love of her own that is not talked about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
...The Prince of Wales bows only to reigning monarchs, deposed monarchs and their consorts.
Any evidence of his bowing to the so-called long-lost Royals/Imperials will be thoroughly appreciated..
Agreed!

I have heard of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge curtsying to HRH CP Margarita of Romania -this however is a bit of a different situation as Mihai is still alive and is a former reigning monarch, and perhaps the couple felt it was appropriate to do so.

I am not sure what might exactly would be said or thought of in terms of the imperial house as there is no longer a former reigning monarch still alive, but I feel that Margarita is a good example of sorts for this situation. If that makes any cents.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 04-23-2013, 03:17 AM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,276
The idea generally agreed upon is once a royal, always a royal - Michael of Romania is still treated as a reigning king among other royals because he was a king - and the family is active in it's attempts for a restoration of the monarchy at some point.

The Brazilian imperial family, like the Russian, French, etc families, is a different case. No one claiming any one of these thrones was ever a king themselves, and in most cases a good number of the members of the families were not born to a family in power or even to people who themselves were born to people who had been born to a family in power. The Brazilian family may have titles, but they're empty titles in a non-monarchist state. Every so-called head of the family since 1891 - according to the idea that once a king always a king - has been a pretender, and consequently, in my opinion at least, the heir to a current monarch should not be expected to now or curtsey to the head of the Brazilian family.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 04-23-2013, 11:31 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
NO...NO..NO...
I dont approve that..
Sorry, but isn't you the one who has to approve Royal Protocol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
Who is to say that they will fall in love and want to get married? Or that the Princess does not already have a love of her own that is not talked about?
We are forbidden to speculate now? Or this is only permitted when regarding Reigning Houses?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 04-23-2013, 01:12 PM
vkrish's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
Sorry, but isn't you the one who has to approve Royal Protocol.
Ok then is that you who dictates Royal Protocol?
Dont get personal, leaving behind the real point I raised in my post..
I just asked you to show me any literature/document/article/news/pic/vid that shows/implies/dictates/suggests that The Prince of Wales bow to the so-called head of the so-called Imperial House of Brazil..or Duc d'Anjou or Maria Frederinova..
If you can show thats OK otherwise fine leave it..

PS: Nothing personal. I found your post straight and sharp, so wanted to give back the same way lol..
__________________
The only word I hate in the Royal Dictionary - ABDICATION
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 04-23-2013, 02:09 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
Ok then is that you who dictates Royal Protocol?
Dont get personal, leaving behind the real point I raised in my post..
Not me, nor you. Which dictates Royal Protocol is Tradition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
I just asked you to show me any literature/document/article/news/pic/vid that shows/implies/dictates/suggests that The Prince of Wales bow to the so-called head of the so-called Imperial House of Brazil..or Duc d'Anjou or Maria Frederinova..
If you can show thats OK otherwise fine leave it..
Prince Luiz isn't higher in precedence than the Prince of Wales because he's the Pretender to a Throne unoccupied for more than a century. He's higher in precedence because his the Head of House.

Also, Prince Luiz is a Imperial Highness, while the Prince of Wales is "just" a Royal Highness, so, the Head of the Imperial House has a righer rank.

Read about Protocol and Precedence.

You don't think that deposed Royals are Royals, but thats not the opinion of the other Royal Familes. For them, once a Royal, always a Royal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
PS: Nothing personal. I found your post straight and sharp, so wanted to give back the same way lol..
Oh, wasn't my intention. Sorry.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 04-23-2013, 02:15 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,425
And now that is settled, it is time to discuss this particular discussion in a thread that is dedicated to potential marriage partners for the Brazilian heir(s). Such matters can be discussed int he 'Royal Ceremony and Protocol subforum of the General Royal Discussion Forum, which you can find here:

Royal Ceremony and Protocol - The Royal Forums
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 04-23-2013, 07:53 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 1,740
A very interesting topic. Fascinating that these expectations exist in the 21st Century, but hey, different strokes for different folks.

The marriage, of course, would be semi-arranged, because the chances of falling in love with one of such a small group of suitable women, and the changes of having that romantic love returned by one in this very small group is rather remote. So the pair might say they're in love, but it will largely be of the arranged kind.

However, arranged marriages can work out better than marriages for love. Being "in love" does not last and then all couples must go through ups and downs. Perhaps it is better to marry a royal who knows the deal going in, especially with all of the formalities that seem to be required. Also, there are less expectations as a couple in an arranged marriage, and the two can grow fond of each other.

While Rafael has indicated he is set on marrying a princess, I think that the real obstacle would be the suitable candidates themselves. He's looking at a European princess in the 21st Century. Whenever Cousin Rafael comes to town and a young princess of marriageable age is invited to a soiree in his honor, what must be going through her mind? Is she willing to enter into a semi-arranged marriage? Is she willing to move to Brazil? Perhaps yes, perhaps no.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. I hope he finds his "suitable bride" and they fall in love and live happily ever after, with loads of children who follow in their footsteps.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 04-23-2013, 08:02 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 8,534
So true GG - these days princesses are fully aware that they can marry for love and that choosing to marry a non-royal is fully allowed.

Finding a princess who is prepared to go through an arranged marriage - which fell out of favour in Europe 100 years ago - could be difficult along with the fact that they would have to move half-way across the world to do so and be away from family and friends and for what real gain - a non-existent throne.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
brazil, luxembourg, marriage, prince rafael of orleans-braganza, princess alexandra of luxembourg


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Royal and Noble Families: Dynastic Laws and Marriage Rules Mariel Royal Genealogy 276 05-29-2014 11:29 AM
Brazilian Royals - A brief profile Anna_R The Imperial Family of Brazil 12 04-13-2013 12:56 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria dutch royal history engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman pom pregnancy president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:24 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]