Queen Elizabeth II Jewels 3: January 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW, I have never seen that one before! Many thanks for bringing this one to my attention! An impressive piece!
BYe Bine

maybe she felt she needed a little height tonight and that is her tallest tiara
:lol:

Alas, this is my least favourite of all her tiaras. The stones are gorgeous though.

But they are white and light blue as the Order of Isabella the Catholic.
Princess Anne wore aquamarines too. Well done.

Altho' they are the Colours of the Order of Isabella the Catholic.. HMQ wore the Golden Fleece this evening !
The Diamond Kokoshnik would nave been better [altho' i'm sure its heavy..] Otherwise the GGBI would have 'done' better than the Aquamarines...

I can't recognize this brooch. any thoughts?

Attachments

• broochspainvisit.jpg
    broochspainvisit.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 334
Too far away/blurry for me to make it out.

LaRae

Beautiful brooch. What an honor to be able to present such a beautiful piece of jewelry to Her Majesty.

Wow, that's a stunning gift for The Queen to celebrate her Jubilee. I'm sure she loved and appreciated the gift. I think The Queen and Catherine has received great pieces of jewelry from Canada.

That is one exquisite piece of jewelry and so fitting for not only the Queen's sapphire anniversary on the throne but also to represent 150 years of Canada.

I love the snowflake design.

I have always loved HM's brooch collection and admired the way she uses them for "nods" to particular places, events, etc. But in all honesty, there are very few that evoke a visceral response in me. This Snowflake does that, the way it is designed is the result of a true artist and the selection of the stones the work of a truly great gemologist.

I loved the deep blue of the central sapphires and thought they graduated to lighter and then aquamarine and on the end where the stones almost look opaque, I thought they were opals because of the flashes of fire.

Imagine my surprise to find that all the stones were all sapphires because they are nothing like any other sapphires I have seen. The clarity and colour variation is truly stunning and a wonderful example of nature's beauty. I think they are perhaps the most beautiful sapphires HM owns.

I have always loved HM's brooch collection and admired the way she uses them for "nods" to particular places, events, etc. But in all honesty, there are very few that evoke a visceral response in me. This Snowflake does that, the way it is designed is the result of a true artist and the selection of the stones the work of a truly great gemologist.

I loved the deep blue of the central sapphires and thought they graduated to lighter and then aquamarine and on the end where the stones almost look opaque, I thought they were opals because of the flashes of fire.

Imagine my surprise to find that all the stones were all sapphires because they are nothing like any other sapphires I have seen. The clarity and colour variation is truly stunning and a wonderful example of nature's beauty. I think they are perhaps the most beautiful sapphires HM owns.

Thank you Marg for pointing that out to me, when I first looked at it, I also thought the outer stones were opals as they are what I call cloudy, not shining bright. So this is truly a brilliant piece of workmanship by this company, and I bet we see it soon on one of her coats. Gorgeous piece of jewelry. ?

My favorite piece is the Love Tropy Collar that belonged to Queen Mary. I would love to see someone wearing that!

Back
Top Bottom