The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-28-2004, 03:28 AM
Courtier

I would just like to inquire if what public duties has Princess Sarah already attended? I mean aside from her marriage and the festivities before it. Like opening of an institution or soemthing.

I would also like to ask if does the Brunei Royal Family do the same task as European Royals when it comes to their public engagements?

Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 12-28-2004, 03:53 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
thanx for those pics alfie.
I like the fact that Princess Sarah's parents are still a big part of her life, they often accompany her to her public duties. Most of the time when a woman marries into a royalty, her own family is sidelined or ignored. Its nice to see that Sarah gets to spend time with her parents.
If you have any pictures of Princess Sarah's beautiful jewels, please post them in this thread. There's also a separate thread for jewels of other women of the bruneian royal family.
Your most welcome Humera. Yes! It is very nice to see that she can spend quality time with her family. They are a very close knitted family. Her brothers too sometimes accompany her. I will try and find some more pictures of their beautiful jewels.

Old 12-28-2004, 04:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulette
I would just like to inquire if what public duties has Princess Sarah already attended? I mean aside from her marriage and the festivities before it. Like opening of an institution or soemthing.

I would also like to ask if does the Brunei Royal Family do the same task as European Royals when it comes to their public engagements?
Yes! Princess Sarah has attended a few public duties since her wedding. She has attended a religious function with Her Majesty Queen Saleha during the Isra Miraj(a muslim religious day), Hari Raya(Eid Mubarak) Festivies at Istana Nurul Iman, She was guest of honour for a charity recitial concert in early december(4.12.04)(charity for kids). You can have a look at this pictures in the brunei royal family forum. Yes! they do quite similar tasks as European Royals in their public engagements.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:35 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie
Yeah! you are right Humera. All the Crown Princess Sarah's jewels are her very own. Wedding gifts from her husband and The Queen.
Here are some latest photos of Crown Prince Billah and Crown Princess Sarah. The photos showing the Crown Prince and Crown Princess and Prince Malik at a recent football match. The photos showing Crown Princess Sarah with her mum is during a function for Asean/India 4wd challange which her dad took part in.
Thanks for updating us on Princess Sarah's whereabouts and ongoings. Seems like HRH has gained a little but she looks not the least bit regal than before. I guess marriage bliss makes people put on somewhat.

They are really nice pictures. Wonder where you got the pictures from?
Old 12-28-2004, 10:59 AM
Gentry

I have always been fascinated with how the royalties live in Nurul Iman Palace, like you know there are about over 1,700 rooms equivalent to Versailles of France. Do they like live in separate quarters with their own premise and private space?
Old 12-28-2004, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulette

Princess Sarah has attended many official events since her wedding. Just a day or two after her marriage, she and her husband met with the Swiss ambassador (Princess Sarah is half-swiss)
After that, the couple attended banquets, celebrations in honour of their wedding. And then ofcourse, there were many other official events that Sarah attended. There are many pictures of these events in the "Royalty of Brunei" thread.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie
Thanks for updating us on Princess Sarah's whereabouts and ongoings. Seems like HRH has gained a little but she looks not the least bit regal than before. I guess marriage bliss makes people put on somewhat.

Princess Sarah and Prince Billah attended numerous daily banquets and lunches, after their wedding. This went on for ages until the Prime Ministers Office finally issued a memo, instructing that no more lunches and dinners were to be given for the Royal Couple so they could leave for their Honeymoon (which was postponed because of all these invitations)! Can't blame a girl for putting on weight after all that.. :)
Old 12-28-2004, 09:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I have always been fascinated with how the royalties live in Nurul Iman Palace, like you know there are about over 1,700 rooms equivalent to Versailles of France. Do they like live in separate quarters with their own premise and private space?
Yes! They do. It's like they own 'apartment' room.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Princess Sarah has attended many official events since her wedding. Just a day or two after her marriage, she and her husband met with the Swiss ambassador (Princess Sarah is half-swiss)
After that, the couple attended banquets, celebrations in honour of their wedding. And then ofcourse, there were many other official events that Sarah attended. There are many pictures of these events in the "Royalty of Brunei" thread.
Yes! you are right Humera. The photos that I posted were after all that and after their honeymoon. Early December.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

My pleasure Minnie. I got the photos from a local brunei newspaper. Their are rumours in Brunei that she might be pregnant but we aren't too sure about that. Will keep you posted about that, when I get confirmation.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zina
Princess Sarah and Prince Billah attended numerous daily banquets and lunches, after their wedding. This went on for ages until the Prime Ministers Office finally issued a memo, instructing that no more lunches and dinners were to be given for the Royal Couple so they could leave for their Honeymoon (which was postponed because of all these invitations)! Can't blame a girl for putting on weight after all that.. :)
I didnt know about that memo being issued. And no wonder too, the newly wed couple was out almost every day to banquets and lunches. They must've been exhausted after going through the extensive wedding festivities and then the many banquets after the wedding. Other royal couples have a dinner or two before and/or after the wedding and they leave on their honeymoon. Its nice to know that the new couple is so loved by the Bruneian people.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I didnt know about that memo being issued. And no wonder too, the newly wed couple was out almost every day to banquets and lunches. They must've been exhausted after going through the extensive wedding festivities and then the many banquets after the wedding. Other royal couples have a dinner or two before and/or after the wedding and they leave on their honeymoon. Its nice to know that the new couple is so loved by the Bruneian people.
What I know is that all the functions was schedule right after the wedding and they were told that it has to be finished by 26th Sept 2004, which was when they left for their schedule honeymoon to Europe(most of they imediate family send them of at the airport, including 1st cousins of Princess Sarah family. Every single associations wanted to give them a wonderful banquet. It was a great honour they manage so much functions.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:18 AM
Courtier

Looking at some of the recent pictures makes me ask if she really knew what she had gotten herself into. Not necessarily in a bad way, but in some pictures (okay, in most of them) she seems so young and, well, young! At 18 years old, you don't really know yourself and how you would relate yourself to the world around you. I mean, I'm 20 and yet I don't know if I could handle being married at my age and handling the responsibilities she has to carry out.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
Looking at some of the recent pictures makes me ask if she really knew what she had gotten herself into. Not necessarily in a bad way, but in some pictures (okay, in most of them) she seems so young and, well, young! At 18 years old, you don't really know yourself and how you would relate yourself to the world around you. I mean, I'm 20 and yet I don't know if I could handle being married at my age and handling the responsibilities she has to carry out.
I agree with you there - I'm much older than you and I couldn't handle it as well as Sarah appears to either. Unlike the other princesses, Sarah seems to go on lots of outings with her prince and family. So at least she's not cooped up in the palace most days like the other princesses. They are used to it, but Sarah would not be able to handle that..i think.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:57 PM
Aristocracy

I think we're getting a little off topic here. This is a jewel forum. I think we should move any conversations about the princess and her life to another forum.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator

yes we can continue this discussion in the "Royalty of Brunei" thread
Old 02-19-2005, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

New pictures of CP Sarah, February 18, 2005
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-2 copy.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	95988   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1 copy.jpg
Views:	1014
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	95989  
Old 02-20-2005, 02:49 AM
Courtier

Those are nice pearls! I wonder if she was wearing any earrings to match them.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
Those are nice pearls! I wonder if she was wearing any earrings to match them.
no earrings as far as I could tell:)
Old 02-26-2005, 01:30 AM
Super Moderator

New pic of Princess Sarah
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	806
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	99021   Click image for larger version

Name:	1a.jpg