Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 7: September 2011- December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When u look at it close up. It is truly an amazing piece of jewelry. Its just not great on her. I like the Duchess in older styles.

Correct me if I am wrong here roseroyal, I looked at all those photos, and she looked like she was in a very pale mint green or something. She looked so fabulous, and that brooch was something I have not seen before. Maybe it was the lighting, but it just did not look cream to me.

Now Camilla on the other hand, that was cream, and very beautiful with that brooch.

I thought it more of a pewter/silver. But QEII looked divine.

The Queen is lovely in cream as she arrives to see the royal steeds compete at Royal Ascot | Mail Online

Camilla pulled out her lovely pink topaz choker to wear to Ascot today. Unusually for a day event, she also wore the matching pink earrings with the choker today.

Oh, it is so good to see again those matching earrings to my favorite pearl choker. I've only seen Camilla wear them twice and feel she should wear them all the time with the necklace. They're absolutely beautiful and complement the pink stone so well.

Last edited:
^ I agree. Also it requires a very low decolletage to accomodate it, which is not the best look after a certain age.

The Court Jeweller: Redesign It: Camilla's Ruby Necklace

Thought you may want to read this blog and the very interesting comments on it onhow Camilla's Saudi ruby necklace might be redesigned.

Personally, I would be surprised if we saw the ruby necklace worn again in its current form. Camilla does not seem to use her jewels very much these days, so I really don't think she will bother reworking the rubies.

Cam is probably the only person in the BRF who can wear it, as is. I wouldn't imagine reworking until it becomes available to someone else. I think it is beautiful as it is.

:previous: I like the piece in and of itself. Closeups show that it really is a true work of art. As to whether Camilla will wear it again or even as to whether it is redesigned, is, unfortunately, as ever, darn I hate this, something only time will tell. :sad:

Together with Queen Máxima of the Netherlands and her mother-in-law Queen Elizabeth II, the Duchess of Cornwall is amongst the best wearers of jewels. From these three ladies one gets the impression they choose their jewels with care and wear these with great pleasure.

Looks like she's had her teeth bleached as well. They used to be quite yellow from the smoking, though nothing like Margarethe's.

Oh how very lovely it is. I love what seems to be an Art Deco clasp and would love to get a really large photo to give it the once over.

However, that photo is enough to stir a very undignified case of severe "Pearl Envy". I look forward to any background info our resident jewel ferrets can unearth.

:previous: Thanks Sepheno, that is a beautiful shot of a really beautiful clasp. Muriel, I agree it is difficult to tell what the stones are. I look forward to finding out.

:previous: Thanks Sepheno, that is a beautiful shot of a really beautiful clasp. Muriel, I agree it is difficult to tell what the stones are. I look forward to finding out.

Absolutely. It is nice to see art-deco jewellery make a comeback in recent years.

They look like fine Ceylon sapphires to me.

It will be interesting if this existing pearl choker can have other brooch/central pieces, as interchangeable pieces. We may see a lot more pieces added to the choker.

the Duchess have a wonderful collection of chokers , i love the way she use pearls .
very good choice camilla !

Interesting as Camilla's grandmother was in Ceylon in 1910.

I thought it might be aquamarine and diamonds or aquamarine/s and sapphire/s with diamonds.

We need a clear closeup.

It will be interesting if this existing pearl choker can have other brooch/central pieces, as interchangeable pieces. We may see a lot more pieces added to the choker.
I don't think any of Camilla's pearl chokers are interchangeable. Each seems to be unique in every way.

I think we'll need an expert on gems because I think it will be hard to distinguish Aquamarines for Cylonese Sapphires from just a photo. Better still, perhaps we will find it's provenance.

We are unlikely to be able to tell. The existing chokers do not appear to have interchangeable clasps / central pieces.

The Duchess of Cornwal is an excellent wearer of eyecatching jewels. She wears them so naturally and with panache. I applaud her for that. Every inch a royal lady in her appearance.

I don't think any of Camilla's pearl chokers are interchangeable. Each seems to be unique in every way.

I think we'll need an expert on gems because I think it will be hard to distinguish Aquamarines for Cylonese Sapphires from just a photo. Better still, perhaps we will find it's provenance.

LOL!!! I AM an expert. But, I agree It is very difficult to identify a blue stone, for sure, from a photograph.

Last edited:
I wonder why it is stated that Camilla's chokers are not interchangeable. Changing clasps or adding pearl strands seems the most easy to do with pearls, i.m.h.o.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom