Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May I dare to venture that the coloured stones look PINK!!

They are pink and blue best I can tell.

LaRae

I really think that this brooch and earring set was a gift on a Commonwealth tour or fro her wedding from a Commonwealth country and that is why she choose to debut part of it at that Commonwealth Day service

Agree - this is different. While it very much has the 40ies vibe, it is a different set. Saw similar ones from R. Yard - trying to find a picture....

Last edited:
I've just noticed the green emerald earrings are they new?

No she's worn them before...pic of her n them at the link above.

LaRae

I've just noticed the green emerald earrings are they new?
First worn for lunch with the Prime Minister of India in 2016, repeated more recently in Stockholm.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/940604276

The pearl brooch she wore at Easter church service, I thought it was not attractive but still okay when she first wore it in Belgium, but when I find it quite awful this time as it looks very much like the Olympics rings. Maybe in Belgium she wore it with a poppy so it didn't look that strange.

I don't think that they are the same earrings. Kate's pearls seem to be slightly pearl shaped and dangling while the Queen's pearls are round and not dangling. And the Queen doesn't usually lend her most personal everyday jewellery. Also these earrings are of a very simple, but classic design. It's really no wonder if there were several similar pairs in the family.

She has worn a number of lovely brooches :flowers:

Many of them are borrowed from the queen, and others are linked to her military appointments, or were tour gifts.

I am a huge brooch fan so would love to see more come out.

One of the commentators suggested that Kate should gift the polar bear brooch to Charlotte when she's a bit older, since it doesn't seem to appeal to Kate.

I think that is an inspired idea!

Sorry to say that but I still find that her pearls brooch is the most awful royal brooch I have ever seen...... The Celtic Knot one is lovely even though it doesn't have any gem stone.

Today at Harry's wedding Kate had big ring on her right hand....anyone get a glimpse of it or know the ID?

LaRae

Maybe a present ...wonder if it's real and where she got it.

LaRae

I hadn't noticed the ring, thanks for posting those photos. It could be a yellow diamond, but in that size I wouldn't be surprised if it were something like a sapphire or a chrysoberyl. There are other stones it might be, too, but without a closer look I think we'd all be guessing wildly!

The ring and earrings are gorgeous maybe a gift to mark Prince Louis birth?

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that Kate was wearing lemon quartz drops. And they look like Kiki's. Again.

The earrings look like they may be by her favorite earring designer Kiki McDonough. May be wrong, but they resemble some of the earrings she has worn before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom