Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondrous stones, rather 'let down' by the pedestrian design, as SO many jewels given by the Middle Eastern potentates are...

Wondrous stones, rather 'let down' by the pedestrian design, as SO many jewels given by the Middle Eastern potentates are...
We don't know this parure's provinance. Don't jump to conclusions without firm facts.

Not mad about the design of the necklace but the emeralds are stunning and the duchess wears them well.

LOVE seeing Kate in big bling. I hate those overpriced Kiki's and co she favors. This set is perfect for her.

I love the look of the stones with the dress but I agree, would be amazing to see them set in a old/antique setting. But I like old jewelry. Even a good art deco design would be or could be very nice. Charles has fabulous taste in jewelry...if I was buying 'new' pieces I'd ask him to handle it! lol

LaRae

These emeralds scream gift from Middle East

Why do you say that? Just curious because I think the set is beautiful and looks like something the Queen has worn before. I like it.

I was waiting for her to debut the necklace from this set. And I love the convertible earrings:flowers:.

I believe this was said to be her personal property, aka wedding gift. They had several guests from Middle Eastern countries and Brunei who like giving things like these.

Ooh, I LOVE this. I loved the earrings when she wore them in NY, I'm so glad to see that they're convertible.

Much as I can appreciate the old jewellery style in the Queen's collection, I have to say that as someone slightly younger than Kate, those pieces can look somewhat old fashioned and not something I or my friends would pick if given the choice.

Nice set!! A little more modern to offset her pieces borrowed from the queen. She really looks good in emeralds. Suits her. Lovely cut and style of her dress completes the look. Very nice!!!

I like the necklace but think together with the earrings it's overkill on the emeralds. IMO it should have been one or the other.

Why do you say that? Just curious because I think the set is beautiful and looks like something the Queen has worn before. I like it.

The design is quite typical of the sets often gifted by Middle Eastern rulers (Saudis, BruneÏ ...) to the royal ladies. The stones are HUGE and the craftmanship quite modern, if sometines not very delicate.

This set is beautiful. I really like the style of the necklace.

:previous: I agree, the emerald parure is magnificent and Catherine has grown into the serious jewellery she now wears. Had she worn the earrings in the long version it would have been overkill but the ability to modify the earrings is really useful.

Basically, I love emeralds and Catherine shows them to great advantage and even her hair, though not in an updo, allowed us to see the earrings, Actually, lately Catherine's updos have been very Downton Abbey or downright dowdy so with her shorter hair not tangling in the earrings and necklaces, I have to admit she pulled a blinder!

There were royals from Brunei, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Morocco, Qatar, Dubai and Abu Dubai at the wedding.

Plus wealthy friends like The Duke of Westminster and The Duke of Northumberland

No doubt Kate received a massive haul of jewels on her wedding day.

Last edited:
Fabulous, she can wear it all, so glad is is doing so. Prefer the earrings and necklace than the just drop earrings we saw a few years ago.

I much prefer the earrings as she wore them tonight.

LaRae

I would have to agree with you Dman. I honestly can't understand those who say that the emeralds don't look good on her not that they clashed with her gown. It was a very complimentary pairing and Catherine looked splendid.

I would have to agree with you Dman. I honestly can't understand those who say that the emeralds don't look good on her not that they clashed with her gown. It was a very complimentary pairing and Catherine looked splendid.

Catherine looked gorgeous at the BAFTA Awards in those emerald jewels. For a split second, I thought she was wearing the Cambridge Emeralds. I had to calm down and take a closer look.

Those pics of her, the jewels and William, stole the night, IMO.

Now that would of been something to see, Kate wearing those...they are a nicer set (IMO) that what she wore last night.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom