British Royal Jewels of the Past 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, what a 'buffet'!An ignorant question from my side. Can anyone tell me something about the crown/tiara far right? I have never noticed it before but it looks splendid.

HRH Princess Louise,The Duchess of Fife
HM Queen Louise of Denmark
HM Queen Alexandra of the United Kingdom
dazzling in diamonds!
Queen_Alexandra_with_Queen_Louise_and_the_Duchess_of_Fife.jpg
Photo from Wikipedia

Three generations who wear their jewels well!

Is this a for real pic or is it photoshopped? No disrespect, I've just never seen this one before.

It was much better in black and white really fantastic jewels.
Are Queen Louise 's jewelry still in the RF of Danemark. I think Queen Elisabeth II is wearing Alexandra's tiara and The Fife tiara belongs or belonged to the Royal Princess Mary/ lascelles. But no idea about their necklaces.
Is Louise of Fife's necklace the wedding tiara of Elisabeth II and Princess Anne ?

:previous:
The Fife tiara is owned by the 3rd Duke of Fife and has been in that family since 1889 when it was given to Princess Louise on her marriage to the 1st Duke.

It was much better in black and white really fantastic jewels.
Are Queen Louise 's jewelry still in the RF of Danemark. I think Queen Elisabeth II is wearing Alexandra's tiara and The Fife tiara belongs or belonged to the Royal Princess Mary/ lascelles. But no idea about their necklaces.
Is Louise of Fife's necklace the wedding tiara of Elisabeth II and Princess Anne ?
The necklace Queen Louise is wearing looks like the big diamond necklace belonging to the danish Crown Jewels.

Does anyone have a great picture of Queen Alexandra wearing her serpent/snake bracelets?? I have a friend who doesn't believe that fashionable Queen Alexandra wore snake bracelets... and I cannot find a picture of them anywhere but in my Leslie Field's book - and I don't have a scanner!!!

Queen Alexandra serpent bracelet

pics not subject to copyright

Attachments

• Queen Alexandra3.jpg
    Queen Alexandra3.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 2,075
  • Queen Alexandra, Empress Dagmar & Princess Victoria.jpg
    Queen Alexandra, Empress Dagmar & Princess Victoria.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 1,907
:previous:
Of the 3 pics of the Delhi Durbar Tiara the first two are of Queen Mary. You've omitted Queen Elizabeth who wore it in South Africa in 1947 (the last time it was seen in public prior to it being worn by the Duchess of Cornwall in late 2005). In the photo below Queen Elizabeth accompanies King George VI.

-> Queen Elizabeth, Delhi Durbar Tiara, South Africa 1947

-> Delhi Durbar 'triptych'

the durbar tiara x 3

can any other lady be added to these ladies who has worn the tiara?

The Teck Necklace.

LOVELY LOVELY LOVELY work on these two beautiful pieces (I do fervently hope that the Teck necklace was returned to the vault and that it was only a lifetime loan to Princess Margaret).
Queen Elizabeth wearing the Teck necklace as a tiara:
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

I saw, just over the weekend actually, on Getty Images, a picture of QEQM wearing the necklace--but I cannot find it! I'll keep looking.

Just for fun, the only pic I know of where the Queen Mother is wearing the Prussian turquoise parue which passed to Princess Margaret (which I also fervently hope was only a lifetime loan)

Could someone identify the lady in the black & white photo in the Teck Necklace thread?? Thank you!
I think it's Margaret, Princess Adolphus of Teck, later Duchess of Teck and later still Marchioness of Cambridge. She was the sister-in-law of Queen Mary.

I have a couple of question regarding ysbel's post in page 2 (#39). AFAIK this photo is part of the photosession commemorating the wedding between the Duke of York and Mary of Teck, which took place in England. The necklace his grandmother Louise is wearing is the necklace which is part of the Danish Crown jewels. how did she manage to bring it with her? I thought that the Crown Jewels couldn't leave the country no matter what. Were the rules different back then? Did Louise "smuggled" them into England? :D . whant happened?

Surfing the net I've found that picture of Princess Louise, Queen Alexandra and Princess Victoria. Do you now something about the diadems the two princesses are wearing in that photo?
I've another question: what about the jewels of Princess Victoria of Wales? She never married, so her jewels should be gone/returned to the royal collection. Do you know if some of her jewels have been worn after her death, by the Queen or by other princesses?

Rundell Tiara?

Could this be the Rundell tiara that Sultanah Zanariah of Johor is wearing?

Attachments

• Rundell tiara.jpg
    Rundell tiara.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 4,327
No, this is not the Rundell tiara. There are quite a few differences between the Rundell and the tiara in the photo.

The Rundell was designed to be worn as one piece or several different pieces, such as brooches, earrings and necklace. At the very least, the earring pieces are in the possession of the present Queen.. I rather think she has all the pieces to the Rundell, although I cannot be certain of that.

The design is very similar but this one appears to have some coloured stones or, at least, both white & yellow gold.

Does anyone know if the Rundell Tiara is on the larger size a la Boucheron or a bit more compact like the Lovers Knot? It's tough to tell based on the hairstyle of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have a great picture of Queen Alexandra wearing her serpent/snake bracelets?? I have a friend who doesn't believe that fashionable Queen Alexandra wore snake bracelets... and I cannot find a picture of them anywhere but in my Leslie Field's book - and I don't have a scanner!!!

Interestingly, The Queen has never work Queen Alexandra's serpent bracelets. I don't recall if I read it in Leslie Field's book or the other that came out fairly close in time to Fields... but anyway, the Queen says the serpents make her shudder!:ohmy:

Does anyone know if Queen Mary or QEQM ever wore them? Obviously they are still with the Queen's jewels or HM could not have commented on her dislike of them. I'd love a link to a photo if anyone has one of QM or QEQM wearing them (or one of them!)

Thank you!:flowers:

Oh, thanks so much for posting those pictures. I simply adored the photo of a youngish QEQM in the Teck Circlet; it looked absolutely lovely on HM. Indeed, I think this is the "tiara" that suited her best at that age and it's a shame she didn't wear it more often. It really flattered the shape of her face and was stunning against her very dark hair. It's a shame we never saw PM wearing it.

I think it would look smashing on Kate Cambridge and if she wore it in the same manner as QEQM, it would be more low-key than the usual BRF tiara and Kate seems to be making low-key her style these days, which suits both the Duchess and the current economic times.:flowers:

Actually, PM did you the Teck circlet as a necklace. I do not have a link to a picture, but if you look in the PM jewels threads you may find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom