Site Maintenance, Software Upgrades, Downtime, Glitches etc

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Having major issues with the font changing today in the recent discussion list, and thread titles today.
When I pressed on the topic at the top of the page, A white box popped up and then disappeared before I could read what it said. I don't know if that was my iPad , And I pressed too hard to make it come up, where that was the forum.
The reply box goes gray , when I try to reply, and I have to try again. Pages freeze.
Topics stay highlighted that I've already looked at.
I've cleared my cookies. Help last time, no help this time.
Worst day I have ever had on the forums, in terms of things going wrong.

Last edited:
I just went through A 20 minute period of getting nothing but database error screens.
Frustrated.

Last edited:
I've been getting those errors too, roseroyal. I had to log on in a new tab which seems to have done the trick for now.

I've been getting those errors too, roseroyal. I had to log on in a new tab which seems to have done the trick for now.

I cleared my cookies, and logged back in. Done the trick for now, in terms of database error screens, although the site is still acting bizarre.
Thanks for letting me know.

See post number 61, for all the ways it is acting bizarre. Also, when I just tried to edit a post, I got a service unavailable screen. Had to clear cookies again. Am pretty sure I had to login again too. Although I might have still been logged in from a few minutes ago.
Frustrating.

Last edited:
From time to time when I've edited a post or want to post a get a "503 Guru meditation".

What's that?

It only lasts for a short while, but it's still annoying, especially if I've written a long post and haven't remembered to copy before posting. Naturally I fear my post may be lost.

:previous:
I get the same too.
The error code is related to a software program called Varnish which is designed to speed up a web site while reducing the load on the server.
The issue has been referred to the technical staff.

The avatar that I had is blank and when I tried to reset it, nothing happened. Is this some glitch in the system?

Mine too. This is rubies!

Mine too. Never worked on the ios app.

Mine too, my Queen Elisabeth with her Cartier tiara is now a ?

I think this might be a system problem, because if you go on the "change avatar" page, quite a number of the pictures you could choose for an avatar are missing with ?s in their place.

Mine was missing for a few days a couple of weeks ago, but then it came back. I'd just leave it be for now.

I will ask our technical staff to take a look at the problem. I have no idea what is the matter TBH.

Everytime I've tried to load TRF from my bookmarks these past few days, it's come up with Database error every single time, I refresh about 12 times before I get on to the page and then I click on a thread and I'm back to square one. This isn't happening with any other of my bookmarked pages and has only started to occur since Tuesday.

Anything I can do or is there anything wrong at the minute?

I has happened pretty often for me as well lately.

I just wait a few minutes, but it can be annoying if you've found something you'd like to post in a hurry. Because I often post when I take a break from my regular work.

For me it's just loosing posts, I'm not usually in the habit of copying my posts just in case they don't get uploaded but I've lost several because I've gone to post reply and Database error has appeared!

Now today, I keep getting database error messages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! Since some of you are talking about that I'd like to share my porblem...Sometimes(well, often now actually) when I try to post the site doesn't work... It says "Database error" and for a while I'm not able to log in nor charge the homepage... Any idea?

Had database error again this evening.

Hi,
It seems that I have disabled *Thanks* and I don't know how I did that. Can this be fixed? I am still trying to find my way around here, so I get confused on what to do sometimes. Thank You, Sherry Elizabeth

Hi-
I just tried to send a PM, and got a 503 Service Unavailable due to something about Guru mediation or meditation or something similar.And varnish on the server. And I tried again, and it worked.
What?

I meant to say that the second to last time I logged in here tonight I had to log in twice because the page that normally says thank you for logging in was blank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forum maintenance later today

We are going to be doing a some server work later today and the board may be unavailable for 10 or 15 minutes. The ETA on this is 7:30 - 8:30 Eastern time. Apologies in advance for any inconvenience.

My smiles are not working! I go to the smile list page, choose the one I want, but instead of adding it, it just goes to a new reply to topic screen, and I have to start over!
I did not hit disable smiles.

My smiles are not working! I go to the smile list page, choose the one I want, but instead of adding it, it just goes to a new reply to topic screen, and I have to start over!
I did not hit disable smiles.

Can you tell me what browser and version you are using?

I have no idea what you mean!

How are you viewing the site? Using a computer and Internet explorer, Chrome or perhaps using Firefox or Safari. or are you using the mobile app for phones and tablet?

Back
Top Bottom