Spain's Viceroyalties

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toledo

Heir Presumptive
City
Amsterdam, Upstate NY
Country
United States
Spain's Viceroyalties

These videos are in Spanish from one of my favorite YouTube history channels, the BioPic Channel

Chronology of the Viceroys in New Spain part 1 (1535-1649)

Cronología Virreyes de Nueva España, Parte 1 (1535-1649)

Part 2
These videos are in Spanish from one of my favorite YouTube history channels, the BioPic Channel

Chronology of the Viceroys in New Spain part 2 (1650-1746)

Cronología Virreyes de Nueva España, Parte 2 (1650-1746)

Part 3

Chronology of the Viceroys in New Spain part 3 (1746-1820)

Information about the Viceroyalty of New Spain

1. To translate in your preferred language, scroll down to the right side of the page under Language next the settings wheel icon.

2. Select your language from the list, per this page there are 62 translations available

Bonus information, in the Wiki page above there's a Bibliography link to the Historical Archive of the Nobility that has a lot of information on the Viceregal nobility, coats of arms and lots of interesting historical information for trivia or, if you are an educator or amateur writer, for research.

Make sure when you hit the link you select the auto translate from your browser to your preferred language. It fades within seconds so if you miss it just go out and in again into the page to refresh the translate option.

Archivo Histórico de la Nobleza / Historical Archive of the Nobility

Timeline of Viceroys of Peru / Timeline Virreyes del Perú

Art from the Viceroyalty of Peru

In English: Peruvian Nobility Titles

Last edited by a moderator:
Antonio de Mendoza was the First Viceroy of New Spain
He was appointed by Charles V as Viceroy from the 14th of November 1535 to the 25th of November 1550, and then the 3rd Viceroy of Peru, from the 23rd of September 1551, until the 21st of July 1552.

Antonio de Mendoza fell ill and died on the 21st of July 1552 and is buried at Lima Cathedral.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_de_Mendoza

Back
Top Bottom