King Carl XVI Gustaf's Jubilee Year: 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Press release from the court:

The King's 40 years as head of state are celebrated the weekend of 13-15 September and Thursday 19 September with a number of different events. The Royal Family attends all program points. On September 15 is the 40th anniversary of King Carl XVI Gustaf, King of Sweden and head of state. Anniversary Weekend is commemorated by the government, parliament and the city of Stockholm.

September 13
Princess Christina inaugurates the exhibition "40 years on the throne - 40 years for Sweden"
Media: Photo opportunity at the guests' arrival in the Orders of Chivalry. Only photo pool at the opening ceremony in the Hall.

September 14
The Swedish Government's dinner in connection with The King's 40th jubilee
Time: 17:00

The Swedish Riksdag's jubilee concert in connection with The King's 40th jubilee
Time: 20:00

September 15
Te Deum on the occasion of the commemoration of the King 40 years as head of state
Invited are the Nordic heads of state, representatives of the parliament and the government and staff of the Royal Court.
Media: Photo opportunity at the guests' arrival in South Vault.

The City of Stockholm's celebration in connection with The King's 40th jubilee
Media: Photo opportunity
Then open inner courtyard up to anyone who wants to dance

September 19
Reception in connection with The King's 40th jubilee
Invited are representatives from the official Sweden.
Media: Only photo pool.

Kungen 40 år som statschef - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Idag avslutar kungaparet sina länsresor med ett besök i Jämtland | Svensk Damtidning

Kungaparet i Jämtland - Nyheter | SVT.se

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/article17445000.ab
**** "The program and participants are kept secret until the first note is struck," the Stockholm Concert Hall on its website about "The King 40 years on the throne", broadcast on SVT on September 14.
Nöjesbladet sneaks already on the musical gift that the King should get.
The artists who will perform, according Nöjesbladet source, Danny Saucedo , Malena , Victoria Tolstoy , Nils Landgren , Tomas Ledin , Sarah Dawn Finer , Eric Gadd and Lisa Nilsson .
It's unclear if more artists will perform.

Last edited:
It is extremely sad that Aftonbladet must reveal the artists before the concert, since it has been hoped that everything would be a surprise for the king.

The government hosts a dinner in honor of the king 40 years on the throne on Saturday. The entire royal family attends, but not Sofia Hellqvist.

- It is not the invitation list, there are those who said yes. When it comes to the court, it is they themselves who sent in the names who attend. We have not taken stance on which people will come, says Markus Friberg, the Press Secretary to Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt.
The deputy director of the court press department, Annika Sönnerberg says that "the royal family is gathered" during the royal celebrations this weekend. And why Sofia Hellqvist not attends the dinner on Saturday, she says:
- This is a public commitment in connection with honouring to the head of state is celebrating 40 years on the throne. The three royal children attend and Prince Daniel and Mr. O'Neill.
Sofia came to Princess Madeleine's and Chris O'Neill's banns of marriage in the Royal Chapel with the royal family. And she even got to be part of the official family picture. If a similar scenario will play out this weekend court can not answer :
- That I do not know. We do not make any difference in what we said in our calendar. We are consistent about what we said in our calendar about official program points, says Annika Sönnerberg.
According Johanna Lejon, court reporter in Swedish Damtidning, Sofia can't attend because of the so called court etiquette:
- That she may not come now is so clear an exception to it that she has came. But it is about the court etiquette, they are not married or engaged, then she simply can't attend.

List of the guests attending the dinner is at the article. Princess Christina and Tord Magnuson are attending, and princess Désirée and baron Niclas Silfverschiöld.
Sofia får inte fira kungen Nyheter Aftonbladet

Last edited:
Tomorrow's celebrations going to be on tv tomorrow? Thanks

Tomorrow is only the opening of the exhibition "40 years on the throne — 40 years serving Sweden" at the Hall of State at the Royal Palace of Stockholm.
It will not be shown on TV or internet.

On Saturday is the government's dinner, it will not be shown on TV or internet.
After the dinner is the jubileum concert at the Concert Hall, you can watch it here:
Jubileumskonsert: Kungen 40 år på tronen | SVT Play
The concert will be shown by an hour delay, it starts at the swedish time at 20.00 and the broadcast on TV and internet starts at 21.00

On Sunday is the Te Deum thanksgiving service in connection with The King's 40th jubilee at the Royal Chapel at Royal Palace of Stockholm
And the City of Stockholm's celebration in connection with The King's 40th jubilee at the Inner Courtyard of Royal Palace of Stockholm.
There aren't any TV-broadcasts on these.

All this information is what the TV-companies have informed. I'm sure that both Aftonbladet and Expressen have live-TV's at their website on Saturday and Sunday, showing the guests arriving to events and that sort of things. I or someone else will put the links here when they are available.
Maybe there will be some short clips at the swedish news broadcasts of various events. And maybe the court puts some videos to the website, we will see.

Last edited:
About the City of Stockholm's celebration in connection with The King's 40th jubilee at the Inner Courtyard on Sunday.

The event is unique, says Hanna Brogren, the Director of Communications of the City of Stockholm: This is to our knowledge the first time that the King opens the inner courtyard to the festivities where everyone is invited to dance. So it's particularly fun to invite to this event.
At 15 in the afternoon, the 40th anniversary is kicked off for real with a bowl. After this you are free to get to the more shielded parts of the palace - when Carl XVI Gustaf and his family welcome the people into the courtyard. Two big band with soloists will take care of the entertainment.
Kungen firar 40 år som statschef bjuder till dans på hemlig innergård Stadsliv Allt om Stockholm

At what time does the opening of the exhibition "40 years on the throne — 40 years serving Sweden" takes place?

Last edited:
Princess Christina inaugurates the exhibition. Her husband Tord Magnuson is also there. And princess Désirée and her husband baron Niclas Silfverschiöld.

Photos from the exhibition (not the royal family)
IBL Bildbyrå

Photo special from Dagens Nyheter about the king 40 years on the throne
Bildspecial Kungen 40 år på tronen - DN.SE

The king in the documentary which is shown on SVT on Sunday evening:
He occasionally meets seniors around the country. But to sift the ranks and abdicate is not up to date:
- It's amazingly lot to do still so I don't see any end to it yet. I will not be a pensioner, unfortunately. I have fun on my way. I haven't thought of stopping now, but look forward with confidence to the future. It will be exciting. I am still insanely curious, says the King.
Meanwhile, on the throne, he has also been noted for a series of statements, including the Brunei dictator, wolf hunting and the Greek economy. Asked if he regrets anything he says:
- No, not a thing. Not a thing. On the contrary, then you haven't understood the meaning and historical context of the context in which I expressed my views on. One reads something else that can fit into someone else's agenda. It is so simple to do it, it can always be done.
The day he stops is the day he passes away. And Crown Princess Victoria takes over. The King says that they have not discussed the subject, but he makes yet a greeting:
- I want to wish her ​​good luck. And say that I tend to my son and other athletes: That they should have fun. By that I mean that they shouldn't take it so they vomit, but they'll save a bit so that it's fun. And then life is always a little softer.
Kungen ”Jag ångrar inte ett smack” Nyheter Aftonbladet

Last edited:
A very warm, personal and touching speech by Princess Christina :) I think everyone had tears in the eyes by the end. I hope a translated text exists somewhere so even the non swedish speakers on the board can understand.

Video from the inauguration
40 år som statschef Nyheter

Gallery from the king's 40 years on the throne
Här är kungens 40 år på tronen Stoppa Pressarna

Expressen-TV sends live from the red carpet the arrivals to the dinner today at 16.30 and to the concert at 19.00. They will put the links to their website later.

Aftonbladet's royal reporter Jenny Alexandersson writes at her blog that there is a lot of feelings around the king's jubileum.
Having a father who has been Sweden's head of state for 40 years brought a lot of emotions for Victoria yesterday. For the royal family, this is about so much more than just celebrate a family member who served in the job for four decades. For them the work is a mission in life, a job that you never leave the office without a responsibility that remains with them virtually around the clock. The King is still king even when he is on vacation and Victoria is still the crown princess when she pulls the stroller in the Haga Park. Princess Christina touched whole family with her speech by talking about the responsibility that rests on the king's shoulders, and about all that happens behind the royal scenes that the rest of us never see.
Victoria had a hard time holding back the tears and Daniel held her hand as they sat on the left stands.
Mycket känslor kring kungens jubileum Hovbloggen

Last edited:
TV4 has postponed their broadcast from the arrivals to the dinner and shows actions at the demonstrations in Stockholm now. The broadcast from the arrivals to the dinner should begin after that, about 16.40 swedish time.
Kungafamiljen på regeringens jubileumsmiddag - TV4 Play

Expressen live-TV just started to show the arrivals
LIVE-TV: Röda mattan inför kungens jubileum | Live | Expressen.tv

Thank you so much LadyFinn for all your updates!! :flowers: Much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom