The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-13-2013, 09:06 AM
Courtier

At what time does the opening of the exhibition "40 years on the throne — 40 years serving Sweden" takes place?

Old 09-13-2013, 09:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
At what time does the opening of the exhibition "40 years on the throne — 40 years serving Sweden" takes place?
According to the court website, at 17.00 swedish time. It seems that 17.00 is the photopool, since at the invitation stands 17.30-19.00 swedish time.
http://distilleryimage7.s3.amazonaws...0a1f9874_7.jpg

Old 09-13-2013, 10:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
According to the court website, at 17.00 swedish time. It seems that 17.00 is the photopool, since at the invitation stands 17.30-19.00 swedish time.
http://distilleryimage7.s3.amazonaws...0a1f9874_7.jpg
Thank you!!It means we have to wait half an hour
Old 09-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Christina inaugurates the exhibition. Her husband Tord Magnuson is also there. And princess Désirée and her husband baron Niclas Silfverschiöld.

Photos from the exhibition (not the royal family)
IBL Bildbyrå

Photo special from Dagens Nyheter about the king 40 years on the throne
Bildspecial Kungen 40 år på tronen - DN.SE

The king in the documentary which is shown on SVT on Sunday evening:
He occasionally meets seniors around the country. But to sift the ranks and abdicate is not up to date:
- It's amazingly lot to do still so I don't see any end to it yet. I will not be a pensioner, unfortunately. I have fun on my way. I haven't thought of stopping now, but look forward with confidence to the future. It will be exciting. I am still insanely curious, says the King.
Meanwhile, on the throne, he has also been noted for a series of statements, including the Brunei dictator, wolf hunting and the Greek economy. Asked if he regrets anything he says:
- No, not a thing. Not a thing. On the contrary, then you haven't understood the meaning and historical context of the context in which I expressed my views on. One reads something else that can fit into someone else's agenda. It is so simple to do it, it can always be done.
The day he stops is the day he passes away. And Crown Princess Victoria takes over. The King says that they have not discussed the subject, but he makes yet a greeting:
- I want to wish her ​​good luck. And say that I tend to my son and other athletes: That they should have fun. By that I mean that they shouldn't take it so they vomit, but they'll save a bit so that it's fun. And then life is always a little softer.
Kungen ”Jag ångrar inte ett smack” Nyheter Aftonbladet
Old 09-13-2013, 12:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos from the inauguration of the exhibition today
Kungafamiljen inviger Jubileumsutställningen Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Princess Christina Opens Royal Palace Exhibit - Pictures - Zimbio

APA-Picturedesk
Old 09-13-2013, 02:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

video of the opening from kungahuset vimeo page

Jubileumsutställningen 40 år på tronen - 40 år för Sverige, Prinsessan Christinas invigningstal 13 september 2013 on Vimeo
Old 09-13-2013, 11:06 PM
Nobility

A very warm, personal and touching speech by Princess Christina :) I think everyone had tears in the eyes by the end. I hope a translated text exists somewhere so even the non swedish speakers on the board can understand.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video from the inauguration
40 år som statschef Nyheter

Gallery from the king's 40 years on the throne
Här är kungens 40 år på tronen Stoppa Pressarna

Expressen-TV sends live from the red carpet the arrivals to the dinner today at 16.30 and to the concert at 19.00. They will put the links to their website later.

Aftonbladet's royal reporter Jenny Alexandersson writes at her blog that there is a lot of feelings around the king's jubileum.
Having a father who has been Sweden's head of state for 40 years brought a lot of emotions for Victoria yesterday. For the royal family, this is about so much more than just celebrate a family member who served in the job for four decades. For them the work is a mission in life, a job that you never leave the office without a responsibility that remains with them virtually around the clock. The King is still king even when he is on vacation and Victoria is still the crown princess when she pulls the stroller in the Haga Park. Princess Christina touched whole family with her speech by talking about the responsibility that rests on the king's shoulders, and about all that happens behind the royal scenes that the rest of us never see.
Victoria had a hard time holding back the tears and Daniel held her hand as they sat on the left stands.
Mycket känslor kring kungens jubileum Hovbloggen
Old 09-14-2013, 10:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

TV4 shows the arrivals now:
Kungafamiljen på regeringens jubileumsmiddag - TV4 Play

Expressen live-TV just started to show the arrivals
LIVE-TV: Röda mattan inför kungens jubileum | Live | Expressen.tv
Old 09-14-2013, 10:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
TV4 has postponed their broadcast from the arrivals to the dinner and shows actions at the demonstrations in Stockholm now. The broadcast from the arrivals to the dinner should begin after that, about 16.40 swedish time.
Kungafamiljen på regeringens jubileumsmiddag - TV4 Play

Expressen live-TV just started to show the arrivals
LIVE-TV: Röda mattan inför kungens jubileum | Live | Expressen.tv
Thank you so much LadyFinn for all your updates!! Much appreciated
Old 09-14-2013, 11:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos
Kungen firar 40 år på tronen | Nyheter | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV

And from Aftonbladet
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article17471882.ab

TV4's signal didn't work inside the Nordiska Museet and they can't broadcast anymore.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:33 AM
Courtier

It seems that Queen Silvia is the only royal woman wearing the family order -- neither Victoria nor Madeleine are wearing it. Why?
Old 09-14-2013, 11:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
It seems that Queen Silvia is the only royal woman wearing the family order -- neither Victoria nor Madeleine are wearing it. Why?
Maybe they hadn't discussed about it. I am disappointed that the queen wears the dress she had 2 weeks ago at the wedding of Gustaf Magnuson and Vicky Andrén, and she wore the dress also this summer at the birthday of duke Andreas in Germany.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Maybe they hadn't discussed about it. I am disappointed that the queen wears the dress she had 2 weeks ago at the wedding of Gustaf Magnuson and Vicky Andrén, and she wore the dress also this summer at the birthday of duke Andreas in Germany.
I agree! A different outfit/dress would've been nicer for her to wear IMO.

Its great seeing Chris, I wonder how many of these events he will be attending. Madeleine looks quite happy with him around.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I agree! A different outfit/dress would've been nicer for her to wear IMO.

Its great seeing Chris, I wonder how many of these events he will be attending. Madeleine looks quite happy with him around.
Chris attends today, tomorrow and on Tuesday at the events of the Opening of the Parliament. According to the court website he will not attend at the reception on Thursday.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Här visar kungen sin kärlek till drottningen | Nyheter | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV

Idag var det dags för regeringsmiddag | Svensk Damtidning

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6201585&type=3
Old 09-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Gallery:
APA-Picturedesk

Norwegian royal expert Kjell Arne Totland about the king's and Daniel's celebration
Feirer kong Carl Gustaf og prins Daniel samme dag! Kongebloggen - Kjell Arne Totland
Translation

Middagen har börjat och Chris är i Stockholm Hovbloggen
Old 09-14-2013, 01:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

The concert begins at 20.00 swedish time. You can see it on 21.00 swedish time on SVT play, it will be broadcasted with an hour delay:
Jubileumskonsert: Kungen 40 år på tronen | SVT Play

Gallery from Zimbio
Swedish Government Dinner To Celebrate King Carl Gustaf's 40th Jubilee - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 09-14-2013, 01:10 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Getty Images: Swedish Government Dinner To Celebrate King Carl Gustaf's 40th Jubilee

Tags
carl vxi gustav, jubilee, jubilee celebration, king carl gustav