The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-17-2015, 04:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2 View Post
The jogging was certainly enjoyable for both Haakon & Daniel. Beyond this, it was certainly a good idea for Daniel to do it while there were many international journalists around. Particularly appropriate that German journalists see him; I read often nasty allusions/speculations about his bad health. So Daniel can follow Haakon in a jogging!! I think I might a link to the picture to some German editors...
Well, there were photos in July of Daniel and Victoria jogging in Solliden. And people in Haga Park see often them jogging, and write at their Twitters and blogs about that. People are so polite that they don't publish photos of them.

Daniel and Haakon had a great time during the day, following their wives.
http://imageupper.com/i/?A0300010010...29298187515154
http://imageupper.com/i/?A0300010010...29298187515154

Old 04-17-2015, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
i have my fingers crossed that there will be a gala for the king of swedens 70th birthday 2016, he had for his 50th and 60th borthdays with royals from several countries
In 2017 King Willem-Alexander will celebrate his 50th birthday. I expect he will throw a big party again, like he did on his 40th birthday. Now he is King, he will do it on a bigger scale (like he did for the three days of festivities around his Investiture).

Old 04-17-2015, 07:08 PM
Majesty

More gifs:

Je Maintiendrai

Je Maintiendrai

Je Maintiendrai
Old 04-18-2015, 02:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Galleries
Bernard Rübsamen
Bernard Rübsamen
Bernard Rübsamen

Queen Silvia
http://z.cdn-expressen.se/images/7f/...585/912@70.jpg

Svensk Damtidning's reporter has two "behind the scenes" photos at her blog: Prince Henrik's dog is out just before all the photographers came, and king Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia at a bus. The reporter writes that there was plenty of empty seats at the bus, but the king and queen wanted to sit right at the front.
Dagens roligaste bilder från Köpenhamn _ Vimmelprinsessan
It is such a strange comment by the Svensk Damtidning to make. Would it have been more acceptable if the King and Queen had picked seats in the middle of the bus? I would presume they sat down in previously empty seats.
Old 04-18-2015, 04:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
It is such a strange comment by the Svensk Damtidning to make. Would it have been more acceptable if the King and Queen had picked seats in the middle of the bus? I would presume they sat down in previously empty seats.
Didn't get that one either, but then the reporters at SD often write some very strange articles.

ADDED: To my surprise there doesn't appear to be a thread for M-M's jewels, so here we go: http://royalista.com/97696/skull-ear...eens-birthday/
Mette-Marit wore some novelty earrings to the reception at the Copenhagen Town Hall Thursday.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:21 AM
Heir Apparent

There is something strange with the lighting in that magnificent hallway at Christiansborg Palace (with those impressive statues) and in the large hall where the banquet was held: there was hardly any glitter coming from the jewels. I already noticed that with the State Visit of King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima a few weeks ago: in the very same venue the state banquet was held. Queen Máxima wore a very large diamond-and-sapphire diadem which uses to glitz and glam but the priceless diamonds all remained 'dead' when she walked through that hallway and during the Queen's table speech.

This week saw some big diadems, for an example Queen Silvia's Leuchtenberg Parure or Queen Mathilde's Nine Province's Diadem but I saw not more than a glimpse of some glitter here or there. I think the Danes should re-consider the lighting in that hallway ánd in the banqueting hall. Those statues (pillar bearers) are truly magnificent and should be set in floodlight, one by one. The indirect lighting via floodlights will result in amazing glitter and do all jewels of all ladies justice.

Here you see what I mean, this picture (Amsterdam 2013) was taken during daytime but it is already very visible that all pillars are separately set in floodlight and the shadows on the red carpet show change in light intensity due to the interval of spots above. Thanks to these circumstances, the jewels have the chance to sparkle at best, for sure when it is evening or night... Just a suggestion to look after the lighting at Christiansborg. My compliments for the Danes for the excellent organization and the impeccable manners shown by the guards, the footmen, the chamberlains. A true ye old-fashioned Court.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:54 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree with Duke's last sentence and was so happy to see the two evenings events in life.
Mr Muhler and Mrs Roskilde and others great thanks for your always interesting threads !
Old 04-18-2015, 07:04 AM
Heir Apparent

A delightful little moment with Josephine, Mary and Maxima:

https://billedeupload.dk/images/znbDt.jpg

https://billedeupload.dk/images/FVPvS.jpg

https://billedeupload.dk/images/Bmws1.jpg
Old 04-18-2015, 12:42 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

A big thank you to those who shared the photos, videos and articles of the events in connection with Queen Margrethe's birthday. (It's just typical that when I'm offline for a few days, a big event happens! ).

It was wonderful to see all the European royals together, though I'm a little disappointed that no one from the BRF showed up, and I've read that HM is friends with Queen Margrethe. The BRF are also distantly (I think third cousins, but I'd need to double check that) related to the DRF. Having said that, the BRF never really seem to turn up to European events, unless they're big events like weddings or coronations/inaugurations. Still, it would've been nice if royals such as the Wessexes, who are the usual representatives of the BRF at European events, could've gone.

One of my favourite photos of the event is Maxima giving Vincent a high five. I think it's such a precious photo. Are Maxima and WA close with the CP Family? I remember that Mary and Maxima seemed to get on well during the recent Dutch state visit to Denmark.

I agree it was a shame that Prince Henrik wasn't absent, I hope he recovers quickly. I don't think his absence has much to do with his recent rants about how he isn't Prince Consort. I don't think he'd miss his wife's big day just because of that.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-18-2015, 12:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

One more gallery with some different kind of photos
Fotogalleri_ Se Margrethes dag i billeder - Foto _ dagbladetringskjern.dk
Old 04-18-2015, 01:22 PM
Majesty

That's a big gallery, LadyFinn

In contrast to Vincent, who couldn't care less, Josephine seems more aware of the attention and certainly the photographers. Notice pic 117 (or is it 119?), where she is looking straight into the camera. Perhaps she has inherited more of Frederik's shyness? Also, again in contrast to Vincent, there really is no need to stray too far away from mother...

Agree with you, Duc et Pair, the lighting in the Hall of Drabants could need a bit of touching up.
Old 04-18-2015, 01:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Are Maxima and WA close with the CP Family? I remember that Mary and Maxima seemed to get on well during the recent Dutch state visit to Denmark.
Yes, the King and Queen of The Netherlands and our CPC are very close friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
In contrast to Vincent, who couldn't care less, Josephine seems more aware of the attention and certainly the photographers.
Prince Vincent is just like his big sister and Pss Josephine just like her eldest brother
Old 04-18-2015, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Muhler, more think they just (solidarity as twins are) switched to steal the attention In Greenland we saw how extroverted Josephine is. She was almost the star of the trip And also during the CP family's recent skiing trip.

Don't know if it already has been posted (remembers members asking for it) but here is Frederik's welcome speech to his mother:

Velkomsttale ved gallataffel på Christiansborg den 15. april 2015 i anledning af Hendes Majestæt Dronningens 75 års fødselsdag - Kongehuset
Old 04-18-2015, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
[...]
One of my favourite photos of the event is Maxima giving Vincent a high five. I think it's such a precious photo. Are Maxima and WA close with the CP Family? I remember that Mary and Maxima seemed to get on well during the recent Dutch state visit to Denmark.[/...]
Apparently King Willem-Alexander holds Crown Prince Frederik and -Princess Mary in the highest esteem. It is very, very rare that the highest civil Order of the Netherlands -reserved for heads of state- is handed out to a crown princely couple. The King did not consider any other option, he went directly for this. As it is a State Order, the King must have discussed it with the Prime Minister and signed it with a formal Royal Decree, including ministerial contraseign. It speaks volumes, I think, as King Willem-Alexander is not known as a man with meaningless gestures. He could have opted for an Order which is his personal prerogative but went for a State Order. See picture.

Old 04-18-2015, 01:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
Muhler, more think they just (solidarity as twins are) switched to steal the attention In Greenland we saw how extroverted Josephine is. She was almost the star of the trip And also during the CP family's recent skiing trip.
Yeah, you are probably right.

Well, if there is one of the children who is consistently completely undisturbed by all the commotion it's mademoiselle Athena. She usually plays it cool and this time was no exception.

Interesting observation, Duc et Pair.
Old 04-18-2015, 02:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Out of all the grandchildren, I always thought Isabella and Josephine to be the most extroverted.
Old 04-18-2015, 02:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
A big thank you to those who shared the photos, videos and articles of the events in connection with Queen Margrethe's birthday. (It's just typical that when I'm offline for a few days, a big event happens! ).

It was wonderful to see all the European royals together, though I'm a little disappointed that no one from the BRF showed up, and I've read that HM is friends with Queen Margrethe. The BRF are also distantly (I think third cousins, but I'd need to double check that) related to the DRF. Having said that, the BRF never really seem to turn up to European events, unless they're big events like weddings or coronations/inaugurations. Still, it would've been nice if royals such as the Wessexes, who are the usual representatives of the BRF at European events, could've gone.

One of my favourite photos of the event is Maxima giving Vincent a high five. I think it's such a precious photo. Are Maxima and WA close with the CP Family? I remember that Mary and Maxima seemed to get on well during the recent Dutch state visit to Denmark.

I agree it was a shame that Prince Henrik wasn't absent, I hope he recovers quickly. I don't think his absence has much to do with his recent rants about how he isn't Prince Consort. I don't think he'd miss his wife's big day just because of that.
I know what you mean. We know the British royals have very busy schedules, but I think The Queen should be sending Charles, Camilla, William, Catherine or Harry to future European royal events. The Wessex's usually go, but why not send senior royals that's closer to the throne? The British royal family are close to their royal counterparts, but yet so distant.

With The Queen's 90th Birthday coming up next year (God's willing), I guess the European royals will be making their way to the UK for the celebrations.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-18-2015, 04:24 PM
Courtier

Do we have pictures of Tanja Dorky during the celebration? Thanks
Old 04-18-2015, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
So true.
aww Greenland. Vincent was the shy one, staying close to mom and Josephine shinned with her siblings and dad Frederik.

now Vincent seemed unfazed but we also Josephine trying to climb the balcony railings, as was done years ago by Isabella and Christian
Old 04-18-2015, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I just saw the reportage made by Blauw Bloed (Blue Blood), the weekly Dutch TV-program on royalty. They also showed parts from inside the banqueting hall at Christiansborg Palace and it was really sparkly. It all simply looks better when you see it big and in HD quality. Even Crown Prince Frederik, wearing his uniform, sparkled because of the fresh new golden galon embroidered on it. During his speech the gold on his collar was very sparkly, as were all ladies. Good lighting really is the trick to let diamonds unfold their splendour. Well done, Denmark!

Crown Prince Frederik is -like his "colleague" King Willem-Alexander- around the same age and both clearly mature from a boyish Prince into a serious King. I can already see a great King Frederik X coming.

Tags
queen margrethe's 75th birthday, queen margrethes birthday