Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik Picture Thread, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember reading that she was 6 feet, which is 1.83 meters.

Has anyone got any pictures of Queen Margrethe at Prince Frederiks 18th. She wore a pink one shoulder ball gown, for the evening event?? I saw a glimpse in the german documentary about Frederik and Mary recently. :flowers:

Here are some photos of Queen Margrethe attending the Arhus Festival:
Spotted

BB has a picture gallery of QM and P.Henrik with a title of
Lifelong love between Margaret and Henry, See the pretty pictures!

Picture Gallery

:previous: That's a wonderful picture series, dazzling. I love seeing how happy Margrethe and Henrik always look together. They remind me of a quote I once heard: "Young men are wrong to think that we cease to love because we grow older, for we only begin to grow old when we cease to love." :wub:

Indeed a lovely picture series, thanks for posting! :flowers: You can see that they are still very fond of each other and thats simply wonderful. :)

Cute video of Margrethe around age 11. Frederik has been away and his family meets him at the dock - Margrethe is very excited to see him, jumping up and down, etc. (Benedikte gets her hair pulled at one point, but I think it's an accident.)

YouTube - Wait for Father King Frederik IX

What do the magazines say?

The BilledBladet one is something to do with Margrethe, the throne and being private. :) I assume meaning she's going to stay on the throne until announced otherwise.

The seoghor has something to do with arrogance, indifference and offends. :ermm:

The google translation is Margrethe and Henrik offends, arrogant and indifferent. :ermm:

Cute video of Margrethe around age 11. Frederik has been away and his family meets him at the dock - Margrethe is very excited to see him, jumping up and down, etc. (Benedikte gets her hair pulled at one point, but I think it's an accident.)

YouTube - Wait for Father King Frederik IX

Thank you Maura, what a lovely video.
Margrethe was really a daddy's girl. She was the most excited one to meet him, so nervous that she couldn't help jumping around and pulling Benedikte's hair because she didn't know what to do with her excited little hands, she was the first to hug him and she did it twice while poor mama couldn't even get one :lol: It's funny to see how she's always had her little caracter.

(..)

I think Margrethe miss her daddy so much. What a jolly girl she is :ROFLMAO:

Do you guys have pictures of both Queen Margrethe and Prince consort Henrik in 1960s? thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a new book out and it basically contains hundreds of pics of QMII thorughout her life in more or less informal settings: Ny bog om Margrethe med udslået hår: Sådan er Daisy - Royale | www.bt.dk
The title is: Dronningen som du aldrig har set hende før - The Queen as you have never seen her before.

By the way: QMII is indeed called Daisy among family and close friends, but only rarely referred to as such by her subjects.

Here is a nice sample of seven of the pics: Ny bog fortæller: Her er dronningens liv i billeder | www.bt.dk
#1: Preparing to put up a kite at Marselisborg in 1975.
#2: Recieving Frederik IX at the quay - a very loving daughter-dad picture.
#3: Enjoying a håndbajer (beer from a bottle) with Prince Henrik and the colonel of the Royal Lifeguard Regiment.
#4: A loving pic in France before the wedding.
#5: Here having a fag and a game of cards on the way to Italy with a government minister.
#6: Something wrong with the caption here. This is not their honeymoon and they are not standing on a bridge in Turkey - as far as I can tell.
#7: This is however. A rare paparazzi pic of Princess Margrethe and Prince Henrik on their secret honeymoon.

Last edited:
:previous:thank you:flowers:

I loved picture #2, you can tell she adored her father

and oh lala to the honeymoon picture ;)

I love the false names they used Eva and Adam Mork. I am understanding more and more Danish it seems.

Does anyone have a clue what this photo is from and if there are more or better photos?

Europhoto

The caption says “From an official celebration. Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik in front are posing with the royal families in Europe”. It’s dated June 10, 1970.

For sure, what is the story there? That's amazing!

For sure, what is the story there? That's amazing!

I don't think it's from 1970, because then Frederik would have still been King. It's hard to tell who anyone is, but I'm 90% sure that is Margrethe & Henrik in the middle in the front.

The photo seems to be backwards, because you can just make out their Family orders and badges being on the right side, instead of the left. So that would mean they are wearing the Danish Order of the Elephant, so they are in Denmark. Based on the dresses, I would say it is probably sometime in the 70s, maybe closer to 1980?

It's hard to know what it was for. Margrethe & Henrik were married on June 10th, 1967, so maybe it was June 10, 1977 and was a 10th anniversary celebration? Henrik was born on June 11, 1934, so maybe it was June 10th/11th, 1974 and was a birthday celebration?

If I could just zoom in clearly on the picture a little bit, I might be able to recognize the guests, but it's just too far back.

Does anyone have a clue what this photo is from and if there are more or better photos?

Europhoto

The caption says “From an official celebration. Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik in front are posing with the royal families in Europe”. It’s dated June 10, 1970.

This is a very strange photo indeed. You are right it is not from 1970 as stated. The caption also says it it from Fredensborg - not true either. It is the Grand Hall at Christiansborg palace before 2000 when the new tapestries adorned the walls. QMII usually hosts official banquets here - I have never seen the hall with rows of chairs as if there would be some sort of entertainment. If I was to venture a guess about the occasion I would say 1992 - 20 years on the throne but I am basing this solely on the yellow dress she is wearing.

No, I don´t think it´s from 1992. I can´t see either CP Frederik nor P Joachim.

So my guess is that it is taken sometime before CP Frederik turned 18.

Back
Top Bottom