Abdication of Queen Beatrix & Inauguration of Willem-Alexander: Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect it to be released on the day itself, or maybe a day early. More then likely though, I expect it to be on the calenders of the foreign Royal families, as it's probably seen as an official event for them.

Beatrix is hosting a dinner at the Rijksmuseum the evening of the 29th for the foreign royals. Probably a black tie event though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I expect it to be released on the day itself, or maybe a day early. More then likely though, I expect it to be on the calenders of the foreign Royal families, as it's probably seen as an official event for them.
A bit off topic but it does now look like Charles and Camilla will represent Britain during the Inauguration ceremony.
The Earl of Wessex, the Princess Royal and the Duke of Gloucester all have official engagements on the day. So unless Sophie or the Duke of Kent go alone or we have a surprise appearance from the Cambridges or Harry, it has to be the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall.

A bit off topic but it does now look like Charles and Camilla will represent Britain during the Inauguration ceremony.
The Earl of Wessex, the Princess Royal and the Duke of Gloucester all have official engagements on the day. So unless Sophie or the Duke of Kent go alone or we have a surprise appearance from the Cambridges or Harry, it has to be the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall.

Charles was here in 1980 too...and he's still an Heir,so yes,quite possible.
We'll see.

Newest idea that popped-up is for the nation to dance the tango as a tribute to Queen Máxima on april 30th!Out in the streets,fields,villages,cities,pubs,bars,al fresco terraces..everywhere..grin..

Last edited:
Newest idea that popped-up is for the nation to dance the tango as a tribute to Queen Máxima on april 30th!Out in the streets,fields,villages,cities,pubs,bars,al fresco terraces..everywhere..grin..
Hmm . . . . . free tango lessons between then and now I presume. That and a crash course updating physiotherapists and orthopaedic surgeons . . . :whistling:

Hmm . . . . . free tango lessons between then and now I presume. That and a crash course updating physiotherapists and orthopaedic surgeons . . . :whistling:

Well...we'll have to keep the "shop" busy don't we...:D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So far 4000 secundary schools representing 800.000 children signed in for the Kings Games on april 26th the kick-off of which will be by Willem Alexander and Máxima.Still time till next week to register for all other schools...and why not...why would they deprive the kids from a day of sports and fun starting with a free breakfast at all schools..

I see that the new King & Queen will be off for a tour of the islands Nov 14-24th. That will give them some nice warm weather before returning for the onset of winter in Europe. Pity the DRF never acquired a holiday home in their overseas territories.

Well, can't blame them for that. It is nice enough for a few days of leisure, but after a while it gets suffocating. There isn't much to see and there isn't much to do apart from sunbathing. Even finding a restaurant is difficult.

That's great news. Considering Queen to Beatrix paid a state visit all these countries very recently, I can understand why they make 'just' an introduction visit. I hope they will visit the UK soon too.

There is an incoming state visit from the UAE to the UK on 30 April / 1 May. Query whether that means that C&C will not attend the Dutch enthronement, but perhaps Andrew might.

The Queen is specifically hosting the State Event at Windsor and not BP. I think, it being a two day visit, means Camilla and Charles may have agreed to go to The Netherlands.

Well, can't blame them for that. It is nice enough for a few days of leisure, but after a while it gets suffocating. There isn't much to see and there isn't much to do apart from sunbathing. Even finding a restaurant is difficult.

And diving!!!!!Restaurants are all over the place...or dine with locals...Cabrito and Leguaan...:)

The Queen is specifically hosting the State Event at Windsor and not BP. I think, it being a two day visit, means Camilla and Charles may have agreed to go to The Netherlands.

I hope that you are right.

I wonder who will represent each royal family? Will it be the CP's or the actual Kings & Queens.. Will it be Edward/Sophie or Charles/Camilla?

I wonder who will represent each royal family? Will it be the CP's or the actual Kings & Queens.. Will it be Edward/Sophie or Charles/Camilla?

No reigning monarchs for sure. I think mostly the CP's, hopefully Caroline for Monaco (wouldn't know who else they can send). And I personally hope for the earl and countess of Wessex, though this is not likely as the earl has another engagement. I am wondering if Liechtenstein will send the regent Alois or somebody else. During the inhauguration of the pope they were treated as the reigning couple.

I wonder if they will also invite guests from the UAE and the Gulf states. Upto now I can only remember Moroccan and Jordanian royalty at Dutch events, but not anybody representing other arab states.

Last edited:
No reigning monarchs for sure. I think mostly the CP's, hopefully Caroline for Monaco (wouldn't know who else they can send). And I personally hope for the earl and countess of Wessex, though this is not likely as the earl has another engagement. I am wondering if Liechtenstein will send the regent Alois or somebody else. During the inhauguration of the pope they were treated as the reigning couple.

I wonder if they will also invite guests from the UAE and the Gulf states. Upto now I can only remember Moroccan and Jordanian royalty at Dutch events, but not anybody representing other arab states.

I wonder also if there will be any non reigning royals present,Greece,Romania,Serbia ect?

Why won't the reigning monarchs attend?

Why won't the reigning monarchs attend?

It is custom that a new Monarch first visits all the already Reigning collegues,hence most often the CP couples and/or other members of Royal Families are in attendance.

As for the UAE and other Arab States.HM Queen Beatrix has visited many if not most of them as the first Reigning Dutch Monarch,alone or with WA and Máxima,so there might be a larger contingent of Royal guests representing from there too,yes.Of non-Reigning Houses,mostly the Greek House is represented here often as they are close friends but I don't recall them being in attendance in 1980 either as we have friendly relations with Greece that country will be represented at a State Ceremony like this one by it's Embassador only.:)

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if there would be no non-reigning royals at all (except for the Bourbon-Parma's). I can't recall any of them at the inhauguration of Juliana or Beatrix. I also don't expect other RF's being represented by several couples. So probably no Duke & Duchess of Brabant, Astrid & husband, Laurent & Claire, but just the duke and duhess of Brabant.

I wouldn't be surprised if there would be no non-reigning royals at all (except for the Bourbon-Parma's). I can't recall any of them at the inhauguration of Juliana or Beatrix. I also don't expect other RF's being represented by several couples. So probably no Duke & Duchess of Brabant, Astrid & husband, Laurent & Claire, but just the duke and duhess of Brabant.

No,no non-Reigning families will be represented,as I said,these countries,these former Monarchies,will be represented by their Embassadors,including the Greeks.

Dutch national TV,NOS will air all day om April 30th starting officially at 09.00AM but surely as soon as the breakfast show starts at 07.00AM it will be all about the Abdication,the Enthronement and what's up in Amsterdam and the rest of the country.NOS Ned1 will air all the way through till 23.00PM,so untill after the Royal tour on the IJ river and into the Gala at the Muziektheather aan 't IJ after the arrival there by the Royal Couple at 21.30PM.

Much the same line was followed on april 30th 1980.

The website and app for the Kings Song,'t Koningslied,was launched on-line this morning.Write your own text for King and Country and send it in,it might be used by Ewbank,the composer to the music of the song....

Het officiële Koningslied

Wasn't Ewbank in the news a short while ago as he was accused of plagiarism? I believe the melody that he will use for the song is very simular to the song '10.000 Reasons' of a Matt Redman. Apparently the text will be written by Acda & de Munnik, Guus Meeuwis and Daphne Dekkers. The song will be sung at a festivity in Ahoy, Rotterdam.

http://www.royalty-online.nl/?e=1818

Last edited:
Wasn't Ewbank in the news a short while ago as he was accused of plagiarism? I believe the melody that he will use for the song is very simular to the song '10.000 Reasons' of a Matt Redman. Apparently the text will be written by Acda & de Munnik, Guus Meeuwis and Daphne Dekkers. The song will be sung at a festivity in Ahoy, Rotterdam.

Anita Meijer, Jim Bakkum, Edsilia Rombley en anderen zingen Koningslied - Royalty Online - Royalty -

Yes he was accused of that,it's a John Ewbank story in Hilversum...he's in charge there..or so it seems...

Also, a Dream site was launched,anyone can send in a dream of what they'd like to see happen the next couple of years for TM and all of us in our Country..

http:///www.mijndroomvooronsland.nl/

André van Duyn and Daphne Dekker will be among the jurors..

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1482757

Radio 2 will have the Orange Journal three timea a day with all updates on anything related to April 30th.

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1482751

And some of the artists for the Kings Song to be performed at AHOY Rotterdam from where it will be aired nationwide on squares and what not...

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1481836

Last edited:
Dumb question, but what would Queen Beatrix's title be once WA and Maxima are inaugurated? Is she still HM Queen Beatrix?

Dumb question, but what would Queen Beatrix's title be once WA and Maxima are inaugurated? Is she still HM Queen Beatrix?
No she will be HRH Princess Beatrix.Like her mother before her. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom