The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 2: June-September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Welcome to the Duchess of Cornwall Current Events thread part 2: June 2006-

Part 1 covering the period March to June 2006 can be found here.

I apologize if this has been covered before. In the case of Camilla's father's funeral, other than Charles (I assume), does any of the royals pay their respects so-to-speak?

Diane

Prince Harry and Prince William, right, leave the funeral of the Duchess of Cornwall's father Major Bruce Shand at Holy Trinity church in Blandford, England Friday June 16, 2006

from yahoo/ap and ukpress

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 264
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_1-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_1-UKP.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 377
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_2-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_2-UKP.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 574
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_3-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_3-UKP.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 692
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_4-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_4-UKP.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 295
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_5-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_5-UKP.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 344
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_6-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_6-UKP.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 288
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_7-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_7-UKP.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 348
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_8-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_8-UKP.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 293
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_9-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_9-UKP.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:
More from ukpress

Attachments

• Bruce_Shand_Funeral_18-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_18-UKP.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 235
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_19-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_19-UKP.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 264
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_17-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_17-UKP.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 388
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_16-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_16-UKP.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 299
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_15-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_15-UKP.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 227
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_13-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_13-UKP.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 390
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_12-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_12-UKP.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 283
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_11-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_11-UKP.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 280
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_10-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_10-UKP.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 668
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_14-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_14-UKP.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 299
More from ukpress, 1

Attachments

• Bruce_Shand_Funeral_25-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_25-UKP.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 299
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_29-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_29-UKP.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 426
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_28-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_28-UKP.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 301
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_27-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_27-UKP.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 479
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_26-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_26-UKP.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 598
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_24-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_24-UKP.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 217
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_23-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_23-UKP.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 825
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_22-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_22-UKP.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 569
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_21-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_21-UKP.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 426
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_20-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_20-UKP.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 799
More from ukpress, 2

Attachments

• Bruce_Shand_Funeral_30-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_30-UKP.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 292
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_31-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_31-UKP.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 290
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_33-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_33-UKP.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 382
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_34-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_34-UKP.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 302
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_35-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_35-UKP.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 370
  • Bruce_Shand_Funeral_36-UKP.jpg
    Bruce_Shand_Funeral_36-UKP.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 470
These photographs impress me. When I look at them I see a modern extended family group of decent, dignified people united in grief for a fine gentleman.

Thank you, fanletizia, for those pictures. they are really touching.
I am especially touched by the pictures of Laura Lopez with husband, who comforts her.

originally posted by RoslynThese photographs impress me. When I look at them I see a modern extended family group of decent, dignified people united in grief for a fine gentleman.

I agree. It is so nice to see they all have each other to lean on in this time of crisis. They are all genuinely concerned for Camilla.

I am so happy to see how this family comes together in crisis and grief.
The Bowles and Windsor families have blended so nicely, they are a truly model for step families all over the world. It is amazing to see considering all the conflict in the early years.

I am see all photos is fine and Duchess Camilla see out grief his father Bruces funeral. Duchess Camillas children is fine and grief farewell grandfather Bruce Shand. I am see Duchess Camillas sister Mabel with his family. Mabel and Camilla is sister and daughter to father Bruce Shand.

These photo's don't impress me, Camilla and the family asked for privacy to grieve without worrying about this sort of thing. It is a total intrusion into what should have been allowed to remain a family affair!

Camilla may have married into the royal family but, her relatives didn't. Shameful!:mad:

Last edited:
Does anyone know who this woman is on the far left next to Laura? A cousin maybe?

42-16955071.jpg

corbis

Nice show of unity from a re-composed family.
Camilla and her sister are appropriately dressed for the occasion, however I find Laura's top is too low cut for a funeral.

Funeral For Bruce Shand

GETTY IMAGES

Who is the lady walking beside Camilla's son. She has a black two piece dress on and a gold chain with a cross around her neck. I havent seen her before and am wondering is she a relative or a family friend.

vinjan said:
Who is the lady walking beside Camilla's son. She has a black two piece dress on and a gold chain with a cross around her neck. I havent seen her before and am wondering is she a relative or a family friend.

That is Lady Annabel Goldsmith. She is the mother of Jemina Kahn (she does have other children), the widow of the Sir James Goldsmith and the moniker for "Anabel's". I believe Camilla's brother, Mark Shand is married to someone she is related to (cousin perhaps?). So she is a cousin of sorts.

Was Tom P-B's wife not there?
Perhaps she didn't own anything appropriate to wear!! :eek:

Zonk1189 said:
That is Lady Annabel Goldsmith. She is the mother of Jemina Kahn (she does have other children), the widow of the Sir James Goldsmith and the moniker for "Anabel's". I believe Camilla's brother, Mark Shand is married to someone she is related to (cousin perhaps?). So she is a cousin of sorts.

Mark Shand married to Clio Goldsmith, niece of Sir James Goldsmith. Her father is an environment expert and a brother of Sir James Goldsmith.

I agree Skydragon. The press obviously didn't respect the family's wish for privacy whatsoever. Unfortunately it was a vain hope on everyone's part that privacy would granted . :( I would think it was even worse for Camilla with all the press there. She looks so sad.

Tom's wife Sara was there. She had a black dress and there was some gold to her jacket. In the group pictures, she is kinda walking in the same row as Willam, behind I believe Simon.

I don't think that they could ever have expected complete privacy as the funeral did take place in a public church - had it taken place in a private chapel then yes they could have got total privacy.

Given that the event was taking place in public view then I was pleased that the press seemed to be low-key - the photos seem to be from a distance and not in their faces and the clips I have seen on TV are brief just commenting on how much support Charles, William and Harry are giving Camilla at this time.

I was pleased to see William and Harry there as that means that they had to get two days leave from their military commitments (for Harry the two days before the Trooping the Colour at that). It again shows their commitment to supporting their father's decision to marry Camilla and their acceptance of Camilla. Now if only everyone else would do so.

I am glad to see the support Prince Charles, Princes William and Harry showed to Camilla and the Parker-Bowles, however like Skydragon and cde, I am upset they did not respect her request of privacy. I did hope this funerals would be media-free. But then, as chrissy57 pointed, it could be worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom