The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 08:49 AM
Serene Highness

I think you're absolutely right, Zonk. No matter what Sarah does, she'll be forever remembered for her "mistakes." I bet when she passes away - even if she lives to be 110 years old - her obit will read ". . . ex wife of Britain's Prince Andrew, former rep for Weight Watchers, notorious for her toe-sucking scandal with her business advisor." She can't win. She really can't. I just she doesn't care and that she's moved on in her own life.

Old 07-19-2006, 09:27 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Actually I don't think the press is beating Sarah up as bad as she gets on the forums. You've got the British rags going on about who's snubbing Sarah whenever she gets close to a Royal event but other than that, coverage about her has been pretty tame lately.

Even reporting the royal snubs haven't been limited to Sarah, I think the BRF have a lot of strong personalities and the papers love to report whose on the outs with who.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 07-30-2006, 01:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
Poor Sarah!

She can clear off her debts, having a great relationship with her ex, raise two great girls, discover the cure for cancer, bring about world peace and will still be known as the toe sucking duchess! What does a person have to do to get a little forgiveness?
We forgave, we just didn't forget.

Isn't there an old say going like this: "once a «toe-sucker», always a..."
Old 07-30-2006, 02:09 AM

Sarah has done a great job in turning her life and debts around. She is
a good mother and definitely deserves abit of happiness. Unfortunately, I think she cuts abit of a lonely figure, other than out and about with her daughters, and attending afew celebrity parties, and ofcourse her work in America, there seems to be a good man missing in her life. IMO
Old 08-01-2006, 02:00 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Sarah and Eugenie are also in Saint Tropez now!
They attended P Diddy's party on his boat this weekend, the Splashnews pic is more than tiny :mrgreen:, but I post it nevertheless :)

(Splashnews)
Old 08-01-2006, 08:45 AM
Royal Highness

again i'm disappointed in sarah. taking her daughter to an adult party.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks anyway, Iceflower. I'm not sure if a party thrown by P. Diddy is the right place for two royal princesses to be seen. His parties are notorious for lots of alcohol and drugs! Not to mention guests of "questionable" character. This was a bad move on Fergie's part, IMO.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:22 PM
Courtier

I am happy that Eugenie is accompanying their mother to the party. She is their mother for gods sake. They are old enough to attend P.diddys parties any teenager our age would die for the chance to be at one of those parties. Im sure they'll have loadz of fun.Im sure Sarah is a responsible mother and wont do anything to harm her daughters in any way. BTW I like Eugenies outfit
Old 08-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here is another pic from the event, this time a much bigger one, and I found out that it has not only been a simple party, but the launching of "Unforgivable", P Diddy's new perfume

(belga)
Old 08-01-2006, 03:54 PM
Serene Highness

Well if you guys saw the picture of Paris Hilton and Stravos we can assume that this party wasn't such a great idea to take the young princess to.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:55 PM

Slippery slope....

Sarah's leading her daughters down a very dangerous road.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
Well if you guys saw the picture of Paris Hilton and Stravos we can assume that this party wasn't such a great idea to take the young princess to.
I've seen that picture, Kelly, and you are so right! I don't care if Sarah is the girls' mother or if any teenager would die to be at a P. Diddy party (I just asked a few, actually, and the answer was a decided "No Way"), these are not ordinary girls. Not to mention the security issues (even with their bodyguards) but do the queen's granddaughters really want to be thought of as little more than royal party girls?
Old 08-02-2006, 04:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
Sarah and Eugenie are also in Saint Tropez now!
They attended P Diddy's party on his boat this weekend, the Splashnews pic is more than tiny :mrgreen:, but I post it nevertheless
Why in the world would they attend such party with such people? Do they know these kind of people? And, why if they do, do they? They surely know how to pick their friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Sarah's leading her daughters down a very dangerous road.
I totally agree with you on that one! These two need a mother not a fellow teen friend. However, I think she does her motherly thing, but more so a fellow companion to party with.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_windsor
I am happy that Eugenie is accompanying their mother to the party. She is their mother for gods sake. They are old enough to attend P.diddys parties any teenager our age would die for the chance to be at one of those parties. Im sure they'll have loadz of fun.Im sure Sarah is a responsible mother and wont do anything to harm her daughters in any way. BTW I like Eugenies outfit
whether any teen would die to attend this party is not the point here...the point is that it's inappropriate for sarah to be taking her daughters to these kinds of events. eugenie is not yet old enough...yes she will be in a couple of weeks but she's not yet.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Heir Apparent

It's horrible seeing Fergie trying to turn her two lovely daughters into the royal versions of Paris Hilton, but I guess they're pretty much her "entry ticket" some some of these celebrity bashes...

However much I don't really appreciate the times when Fergie takes her daughters out to celebrity events such as premieres or parties - I think it's an outrage that she took Eugenie to a party hosted by Sean "Diddy" Combs.

I mean she this young girl is a royal, a HRH Princess of York, and he's a man with a very dubious past - not a person for a young woman of royal descent to hang around! It makes me angry. I cannot get over it. It's such a poor judgement from Fergie's side. Perhaps she needs a recap of Diddy's life and activities (his legal troubles of all kinds, being there when Notorious BIG was shot, charges for weapons violations, ties to the Gambino maffia etc)...

Bad, bad, bad. I hope to God that Her Majesty the Queen will put her foot down now. And where's the girls' father?! Shouldn't he also put his foot down and say stop...
Old 08-02-2006, 10:25 AM
Serene Highness

I must say I agree. Sean P. Combs is of a doubtful character in terms of reputation. But then again Fergie seems to be of a liberal mind and not too concern with what people may think. Although in this case she is putting her daughters in risk of being dubbed like the Hilton sisters. Hopefully this will end here.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Courtier

So you all think that Sarah is lacking judgment when chosing evenings out with her daughters? Well I've told you so before.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:32 PM
Administrator

I am sorry..don't Beatrice and Eugenie have a father?! I am sure he trusts Sarah's judgement (and yes, I question it myself sometimes) but if he had a problem with ANY of the places that they go..he should say something to her. And if the Queen had a problem with it...it wouldn't be going on.

Old 08-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Courtier

I would guess that Pr. Andrew is not saying or doing anything about things like this BECAUSE Sarah is attending the parties with them.
Something along the lines of : Daddy, can I please go this party? Mum will go with me!
In either case, it's pretty sad. I would not allow my daughter to go to an adult party with or with out me before the age of 18 and then only because she is 18 and considered a legal adult would I let her go with conditions. (isn't Eugenie 15 or 16?)
It's a catch 22 so to speak about what and how Sarah is going about this.
It's good that she is exposing her daughters to these types of parties and "probably" keeping an eye on them and keeping them from getting themselves in trouble.
But then on the other hand, she is exposing them way to early to these things. And letting them indulge in these type of activities now, can very easily lead these girls astray.
In either case, I feel sorry for these girls. They are trying to be normal teenagers, living a normal life, in a non-normal world, with non-normal parents.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Serene Highness

The Queen won't stop it cos she won't know who most of these people are. I can't imagine her or the old crusties at Buckingham Palce having ever heard of P.Diddy. Also if the girls want to mix with what can only be described as rich low-lifes who's going to stop them? Beatrice is already a grown woman. It will be a measure of their character if this continues in the next few years as after a certain age you can't blame their mother anymore.

Tags
fergie, sarah duchess of york