Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 22: August 2010-June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not know HM went on private visits. How can she? She is the Queen. People aree going to find out.

She might be the Queen but she's still a human being, she can ask the press to leave her alone for that specific day and travel to this area.

I guess... but can the press be trusted?

She regularly makes private visits for one reason or another.

Perhaps she's playing Secret Santa... after all its that time of year. :ohmy:

I was a bit wondered about reading that she might visit Hampton Court, perhaps granny Elizabeth was going to the place to see whether the reception or the day-before lunch, concert, garden party, ... could be held there. I don't know, it simply guessing and I suspect that all arrangements are already done.

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip at King's Lynn train station, Norfolk, Britain,
17 December 2010, on their way into the royal family's Christmas holidays at
Sandringham .

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Thanks for those ;) She looks cheery in that bright red lol. XD

I love HM's bright, festive outfit. Since she entered her 80s (she's 95 now), I've had to keep reminding my mother that there's no reason at all why she should not wear bright clothes. She had been brought up to believe older people should wear dull colours and not draw attention to themselves. I'm delighted to say she's still wearing bright cerise and blues and reds, always colour co-ordinated with matching scarves and brooches, etc., and she looks fabulous. I'm sure she'll be very pleased to see HM clad in vibrant red. :poinsettia:

Oh no. She is 84 not 95. :ROFLMAO: But she looks very good:flowers:

Oh no. She is 84 not 95. :ROFLMAO: But she looks very good:flowers:

I think in Roslyn's post she was referring to her own mother who is 95.

I think in Roslyn's post she was referring to her own mother who is 95.

Yes, I was talking about my own mother. Perhaps I could have expressed it better. :flowers:

:previous: :lol: It's the sort of thing that can happen when governments start selling things off without taking proper care with the details.

I think the lady with the Queen in the first picture is her dresser Angela Kelly. I think I recognise her from the lady when Annie Liebovitch took the famous picture of the Queen in 2007. I think it is nice that she accompanies the Queen and I understood that they are both good friends. Nice thought!

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip attended a Sunday church service,
Sandringham, Norfolk, December 19, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

They are, indeed! I just Love how The Duke is driving HM... not too sweet. :) And, how gorgeous is the Queen in kelly green?!

The Queen and Duke are having a busy time with regard to the family at the moment aren't they?

Two grand-children engaged within the last month and a great-grandchild about to appear.

The Queen and Duke are having a busy time with regard to the family at the moment aren't they?

Two grand-children engaged within the last month and a great-grandchild about to appear.

It most certainly will be a holiday season to celebrate for sure. I expect both the DoE and HM will have super wide smiles on their faces at church this Christmas morning.

They certainly are! This will be a most memorable and happy Christmas for them...

I, too, like the Duke of Edinburgh driving his wife to church ..... though the staff member looks a bit wary ....

Yes, two grandkids betrothed and a new baby to look for - it'll keep them young!!

He looks like he is scared out of his wits! lol

Well it is the DOE driving! LOL! And the DOE is almost 90!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom