Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 20: March-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 3.7.2009

So far only Prince Philip attended an event today, so maybe
your wishes for a day-off may come true, ada ;). The Queen
is really amazing, I totally agree with you.

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh takes the salute to some of the
700 Service men and women from units who recently returned
from Operation Herrick 9 in Afghanistan as they parade through
Exeter City centre on July 3, 2009 in Exeter, England. The parade
comes just days after Welsh Guard, Lt Colonel Rupert Thorneloe,
became the most senior Army officer to die in action since the
Falklands War and brings the number of British deaths in Afghanistan
since 2001 to 171.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Thank you for the article on the forum!! :flowers:

Is it official that HM will be in Wimbledon on Sunday if Andy Murray reaches the final today??? :ohmy:

It's not on the royal calender, but it has been speculated that she will attend the match. Fingers crossed he does win the Semi's against Andy Roddick. :flowers:

Who on Earth would ever take seriously whatever Perez Hilton has to say? :rolleyes:
I'd suggest him to go back to his favourite celebrity-bashing and remember that the Queen of the United Kingdom is no celebrity and should not be placed alongside Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and the likes. :nonono:

It's not on the royal calender, but it has been speculated that she will attend the match. Fingers crossed he does win the Semi's against Andy Roddick. :flowers:

I guess Her Majesty will not attend the Wimbledon this year either; Murray just lost to Roddick in a thrilling and exiting match (4-6, 6-4, 6-7, 6-7).

iceflower Thanks so much for the pics of Prince Philip, WOW, all those medals on his chest, truly a hero and a grand old gentleman

The honour in her name will be granted to the next of kin of servicemen and women who died during operations or were killed as the result of terrorist action since the Second World War.
It is the first time that a reigning monarch has given their name a new award since King George VI instituted the George Cross in 1940.

Queen honours dead service personnel with award - Telegraph
:flowers:
Sue Smith was at work when she found out that her son had been killed in Iraq. The Army had come to her home to tell her that Private Phillip Hewett, aged 21, had died with two colleagues when their vehicle was blown up by a roadside bomb. Mrs Smith wasn't there, so officers informed her father instead

The Elizabeth Cross: Is it too little, too late? - Telegraph

Who on Earth would ever take seriously whatever Perez Hilton has to say? :rolleyes:
I'd suggest him to go back to his favourite celebrity-bashing and remember that the Queen of the United Kingdom is no celebrity and should not be placed alongside Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and the likes. :nonono:

:previous:
Quite right Marsel. Perez is worse than most of the journalists in Britain and thats saying something. :nonono:

I think the Elizabeth Award is a wonderful idea and hasn't come too late, as some may think. :flowers:

Over the past two weeks, Andrew Alderson has had remarkable - and rarely granted - access shadowing Her Majesty the Queen, as her arduous schedule takes her from receiving ambassadors at Buckingham Palace to discussing the finer points of cattle farming in Scotland

Exclusive: behind the scenes with the Queen - Telegraph

Lucky him. It's very interesting to read a day by day account of what our Queen does. We see her on engagements but we don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Thank you Skydragon. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I found myself thinking I'd be totally exhausted from an itinerary such as HM has and she's got a good 25 years on me too! :)
Its cute how most of her tea buscuits end up going to the corgis. :) My two animals are never cuter than when they're sitting there so patiently hoping for a small dinner "treat".

A Church of England bishop urged homosexuals to 'repent and be changed', as he joins a coalition of conservative parishes opposed to single-sex unions.

In an interview with The Sunday Telegraph, The Bishop of Rochester, Dr Michael Nazir-Ali, said people who stray from traditional Bible teachings 'do not share the same faith. The coalition, which has been labelled a 'church within a church', claims to have the support of the Queen.

Controversial Church of England bishop Nazir-Ali tells gays to 'change and repent' | Mail Online

The way the article starts, with the "claims to have the support of the Queen." Makes it sound like she has given them a written or verbal agreement, stating she believes in what they are talking about.

"Organisers said she had sent a message to leaders of the movement, saying she understood their concern about the future of the Anglican Communion."

Understood has a whole different meaning, Her Majesty can't side with anything. Very misleading article. :whistling::nonono:

I read a few months ago on the royal events on www.royal.gov.uk that The Queen was to attend the ceremony installing Prince William to the Middle Temple, but I can't find it now, is she still going? Thanks

I remember hearing that she was going as well, RP, but I don't see it on the list of official engagements. I know that the Middle Temple lists a "royal party" as attending the event, so maybe she will be there?

What my I ask is Middle Temple?
:flowers:

I remember hearing that she was going as well, RP, but I don't see it on the list of official engagements. I know that the Middle Temple lists a "royal party" as attending the event, so maybe she will be there?

I had it listed ofr today, 6th July, but like you I noticed it disappeared from the royal diary so maybe she's had enough & dropped out! Or maybe it has been recheduled as I see Wiliam was doing something else today.

:previous: What my I ask is Middle Temple? :flowers:
:flowers: Middle Temple is one of the four Inns of Court which have the exclusive right to Call men and women to the Bar.

http://www.middletemple.org.uk/

I had it listed ofr today, 6th July, but like you I noticed it disappeared from the royal diary so maybe she's had enough & dropped out! Or maybe it has been recheduled as I see Wiliam was doing something else today.

I noticed William was carrying out other engagements today as well, but on the Middle Temple website it's still going ahead today,

Strange altogether

PS I've found this and apparently it did go ahead http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5g4jHDS-m6U0dyGMr_c9n0nhDy8MQ

Last edited:
The diary sent out in the most recent Majesty Magazine does show the Queen as being scheduled to attend.

The Queen will be present at a ceremony to mark the appointment of Prince William of Wales as a Royal Bencher at the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple, London EC4

No other engagements are listed. I wonder what came up that conflicted with this.

This is very strange indeed, todays Court Circular doesn't even have an entry under The Queen or Duke of Edinburgh so why the sudden cancellation??

:previous: According to The Telegraph, it clashed with another (possibly private) engagement.

:previous: According to The Telegraph, it clashed with another (possibly private) engagement.

It is odd though that she would put a private engagement infront of this occasion, especially since it was clearly already in the diary ofr some time

Pics 7.7.2009

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
attend a Royal Garden Party at Buckingham Palace in central London,
on July 7, 2009.

What a pity - a rainy garden party and no front pic for us ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The Queen's Garden party

Has anyone seen photos especially the latest one of the rain drenched party? I don't think anyone was expecting it to be so intense. Lucky Her Majesty missed getting drenched.:ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom