The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
The most furniture programmes for high-end bedrooms offer special cases or compartments for jewellery. I've been once to a presentation of furniture in Munich where they had a wardrobe which included a safe behind a mirror. If you opened the safe and turned on the light, you could see through the mirror right to the well-lit jewellery - a bit like jewellery presentation at the tower or in the treasuries of other palaces. I guess that's the kind of bedroom drawer that creepy guy meant.

I also have a hidden drawer in my dresser for valuable jewels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
...tiara in drawer.
Does the tiara still belong to Sarah? If so and if not, would not the Prince's residence be more secure than Sarah's to keep this safe? Not trying to give credibility to Bea's ex, but there was a lot of interesting information coming out of this interview that perhaps was valid and probably some that was invalid to give the interview more meat for the dollar

Old 03-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Nobility

Poor Beatrice, I would HATE not to be able to trust anyone.

Old 03-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

I Agree This is terrible for the poor girl :I
Old 03-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
Does the tiara still belong to Sarah? If so and if not, would not the Prince's residence be more secure than Sarah's to keep this safe? Not trying to give credibility to Bea's ex, but there was a lot of interesting information coming out of this interview that perhaps was valid and probably some that was invalid to give the interview more meat for the dollar

If it was given to her as a wedding gift, then yes it belongs to her. The same thing applies with Countess Alexandra in Denmark. The tiara she wore for her wedding to Prince Joachim was a gift to her from her new in-laws, and even after she divorced him, she kept the tiara.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Nobility

Gap Year Plans?
Old 03-11-2007, 08:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Beatrice's ex reveals all - part two

As Paolo Liuzzo went down on one knee on the drawing room floor, a giggling Sarah Ferguson stood in front of him and raised her arm above his head.

Princess Beatrice's ex reveals all - part two | the Daily Mail
Old 03-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Royal Highness

What a lowlife!
Old 03-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168
What a lowlife!
Poor, poor Beatrice, I feel so bad for her, that guy said so many BAD things.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowarth
Poor, poor Beatrice, I feel so bad for her, that guy said so many BAD things.
Yes, it got worse with each article. I'm just glad other tabloids don't seem to catch on with this story. What a tough way to learn that "Mummy" is not always right on directing her daughters.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:52 PM
Nobility

It is a wonder they are not all insane.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:30 AM
Courtier

With their press coverage, who could tell and know for sure?
Old 03-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Nobility

Very True indeed.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Courtier

I dont understand. he claims that he really loved her..but why would you reveal all this about somebody you love..i wonder how much he was getting paid for the interview
Old 03-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Nobility

I would not tell for a million dollars.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_windsor
I dont understand. he claims that he really loved her..but why would you reveal all this about somebody you love..i wonder how much he was getting paid for the interview
IIRC the article quotes him on saying that he loved her but wasn't "in love" with her - thus he had other women in-between. For me this reads as if he did not love (or even felt friendship) for Beatrice as a person but was only interested in the trappings of Royality. Sad that in a way he took her down on his level with their affair. He obviously is a social climber and I'm afraid I don't like her current boyfriend as well, as he is milking the princess for the sake of his employer as well. IMHO.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Nobility

Who can you REALLY trust?
Old 03-15-2007, 03:49 AM
Courtier

Money and confidential contracts don't even guarantee silent loyalty anymore.

Its what is valued, the money and instant prestige or the gratefulness of someone unable to respond (death, decorum or other)?

Once you talk, you guarantee you cannot trust anyone yourself. Since you can't be trusted, why should they not talk about you as well?

That is the true loss.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowarth
Who can you REALLY trust?
You're right. Maybe that's what both Charles and William respect and admire in their respective partners - that both seem to be able to be silent and keep private things confidential. As for Beatrice - maybe she should really try to figure out, what kind of men are reliable and which ones are not. It's not the dashing officer who keeps quiet but the earnest, hard-working surgeon (think Diana). It's not the pack her mother runs around with because these people live from talking and being talked about.

As for the media - Beatrice must be very careful now not to be cast in the role of the notorious princess. Just like William is the good prince and Harry the wild one in their portrayals by the tabloids, so there must be a good princess and a bad one. Zara Philips has just managed to leave the position of "the wild Royal" and exchange that to "our" Champ, the other Royal ladies lie rather low (Chatto, Taylor, Ella Windsor) - so who's to be cast as the notorious princess? At the moment Beatrice is lucky that Eugenie is not yet about in the party circles because the good vs. bad only works if you ha´ve a good princess. But she should be alert that the day is to come when the media gets back at Sarah Ferguson via her two daughters.

A lot of journalists, especially Royal reporters and their editors, are really conservative in their views and surely believe that the majority of Britons think along similar lines: how can it be that a lady who was divorced out of the Royal family due to her notorious behaviour, who is disliked by the Duke of Edinburgh and not openly recognized anymore by the queen, how can this lady live so very comfortably at the fringes of Royal life while making money out of her status and enjoy her life?

I believe the Mail had these stories for quite some time now but waited for the right moment to publish them. IMHO the "Mother of the year"-award ticked them off. But still the public thinks that Beatrice is just an innocent child and Sarah is how she is so they didn't explode a bomb with their articles. But that is bound to change and IMHO Beatrice must be very careful on protecting her reputation.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:40 AM
Royal Highness

Some people only learn by making mistakes. You can't try to warn them about potentially bad people/situations. Maybe Bea needs to learn this lesson the hard way.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168
Some people only learn by making mistakes. You can't try to warn them about potentially bad people/situations. Maybe Bea needs to learn this lesson the hard way.
In a way, i feel sorry for her because she seems like such a good soul who just wants the best for her mother. However, she is maybe a bit too naive and i think that she may be making the same mistake again with her current boyfriend. Even though he may not reveal all in an interview, i think it is really naive of her at this age to be dating a guy who is that much older than her.
I agree she needs to learn her lesson but i hate to say, with the influence of her mother (who i was surprised to hear engineerd the relationship between Bea and Paolo) she is not likely to learn her lesson anytime soon.

Closed Thread

Tags
princess beatrice