Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 6: January-April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can barely stand to read/watch anymore of this interview. It's like I'm embarassed for Sarah and her girls. What is this woman thinking? And what a total cad this "ex boyfriend" is. But then again, what do you expect from someone who beats another person to death.

Warren said:
A couple of things about this story.. Paolo Liuzzo says that Beatrice opened a bedroom drawer at Royal Lodge and showed him her mother's wedding tiara. Although the house would be secure, I think it odd that Sarah's valuable diamond tiara would be in her ex-husband's possession, and kept (out of it's case?) in a bedroom drawer.

The most furniture programmes for high-end bedrooms offer special cases or compartments for jewellery. I've been once to a presentation of furniture in Munich where they had a wardrobe which included a safe behind a mirror. If you opened the safe and turned on the light, you could see through the mirror right to the well-lit jewellery - a bit like jewellery presentation at the tower or in the treasuries of other palaces. I guess that's the kind of bedroom drawer that creepy guy meant.

Another thing that came to my mind on thinking about this whole mess Sarah created: now it makes - at least to me - absolute sense that the queen decided not to attend Beatrice's birthday party but offered Windsor as the place to have the party. IMHO it was a kind of "cutting one's losses" - I believe the queen knew enough of Sarah's parties not to want to attend one. OTOH she wanted to make sure that no negative news came out of the bash - so she offered Windsor in the hope that Sarah in this place would at least try to behave. Which she did!

I read the article and he dosn't quote Beatrice as saying Sarah lives for her title etc. He says this is his opinion.

Jo of Palatine said:
The most furniture programmes for high-end bedrooms offer special cases or compartments for jewellery. I've been once to a presentation of furniture in Munich where they had a wardrobe which included a safe behind a mirror. If you opened the safe and turned on the light, you could see through the mirror right to the well-lit jewellery - a bit like jewellery presentation at the tower or in the treasuries of other palaces. I guess that's the kind of bedroom drawer that creepy guy meant.
Quite a lot of older furniture has secret drawers and compartments, specially designed to hide your valuables.

The one you describe sounds exquisite, but a little strange. :wacko:

Skydragon said:
Quite a lot of older furniture has secret drawers and compartments, specially designed to hide your valuables.

The one you describe sounds exquisite, but a little strange. :wacko:

Well, it was a very distinguished crowd from all over Europe who was there to see the new ideas of these furniture designers - very nice dinner afterwards for the invited guests ;) - but strange? Well, yes, they had strange things as well: they offered to create a complete BDSM hmmm, what's the right word in English? boudoir? studio? which is hidden in the cabinets of your bedroom - including cage and torture rack... I have to confess I was a bit baffled by that announcement but the other guest - most of them interior designers - were quite delighted. :lol: I guess if I wrote more about "lifestyle" I'd have gotten used to such things....

That's my understanding too

angela said:
I read the article and he dosn't quote Beatrice as saying Sarah lives for her title etc. He says this is his opinion.

It's interesting that he thinks Andrew is more into Sarah, than Sarah is into Andrew.

Jo of Palatine said:
they offered to create a complete BDSM hmmm, what's the right word in English? boudoir? studio? which is hidden in the cabinets of your bedroom - including cage and torture rack... I have to confess I was a bit baffled by that announcement but the other guest - most of them interior designers - were quite delighted. :lol: I guess if I wrote more about "lifestyle" I'd have gotten used to such things....
Oh my, I wonder who would want that and for what purpose!!! :ROFLMAO:

This whole debacle might be a blessing in disguise.

They say that Beatrice is a sensible girl. This episode will have shown her how things can come back to haunt you. I think she idolizes her mother. Now she may learn to excersice her own judgement a bit more.

I also have a feeling that both Prince Andrew and Princess Beatrice will be having a bit of a chat with the Queen...and most likely Prince Philip.

Something about that article seems off to me.

Jo of Palatine said:

I also have a hidden drawer in my dresser for valuable jewels.

Warren said:
...tiara in drawer.

Does the tiara still belong to Sarah? If so and if not, would not the Prince's residence be more secure than Sarah's to keep this safe? Not trying to give credibility to Bea's ex, but there was a lot of interesting information coming out of this interview that perhaps was valid and probably some that was invalid to give the interview more meat for the dollar

Poor Beatrice, I would HATE not to be able to trust anyone.

I Agree This is terrible for the poor girl :I

HRH Kimetha said:
Does the tiara still belong to Sarah? If so and if not, would not the Prince's residence be more secure than Sarah's to keep this safe? Not trying to give credibility to Bea's ex, but there was a lot of interesting information coming out of this interview that perhaps was valid and probably some that was invalid to give the interview more meat for the dollar

If it was given to her as a wedding gift, then yes it belongs to her. The same thing applies with Countess Alexandra in Denmark. The tiara she wore for her wedding to Prince Joachim was a gift to her from her new in-laws, and even after she divorced him, she kept the tiara.

RubyPrincess168 said:
What a lowlife!
Poor, poor Beatrice, I feel so bad for her, that guy said so many BAD things.

cowarth said:
Poor, poor Beatrice, I feel so bad for her, that guy said so many BAD things.

Yes, it got worse with each article. I'm just glad other tabloids don't seem to catch on with this story. What a tough way to learn that "Mummy" is not always right on directing her daughters.

With their press coverage, who could tell and know for sure?

I dont understand. he claims that he really loved her..but why would you reveal all this about somebody you love..i wonder how much he was getting paid for the interview

lady_windsor said:
I dont understand. he claims that he really loved her..but why would you reveal all this about somebody you love..i wonder how much he was getting paid for the interview

IIRC the article quotes him on saying that he loved her but wasn't "in love" with her - thus he had other women in-between. For me this reads as if he did not love (or even felt friendship) for Beatrice as a person but was only interested in the trappings of Royality. Sad that in a way he took her down on his level with their affair. He obviously is a social climber and I'm afraid I don't like her current boyfriend as well, as he is milking the princess for the sake of his employer as well. IMHO.

Money and confidential contracts don't even guarantee silent loyalty anymore.

Its what is valued, the money and instant prestige or the gratefulness of someone unable to respond (death, decorum or other)?

Once you talk, you guarantee you cannot trust anyone yourself. Since you can't be trusted, why should they not talk about you as well?

That is the true loss.

cowarth said:
Who can you REALLY trust?

You're right. Maybe that's what both Charles and William respect and admire in their respective partners - that both seem to be able to be silent and keep private things confidential. As for Beatrice - maybe she should really try to figure out, what kind of men are reliable and which ones are not. It's not the dashing officer who keeps quiet but the earnest, hard-working surgeon (think Diana). It's not the pack her mother runs around with because these people live from talking and being talked about.

As for the media - Beatrice must be very careful now not to be cast in the role of the notorious princess. Just like William is the good prince and Harry the wild one in their portrayals by the tabloids, so there must be a good princess and a bad one. Zara Philips has just managed to leave the position of "the wild Royal" and exchange that to "our" Champ, the other Royal ladies lie rather low (Chatto, Taylor, Ella Windsor) - so who's to be cast as the notorious princess? At the moment Beatrice is lucky that Eugenie is not yet about in the party circles because the good vs. bad only works if you ha´ve a good princess. But she should be alert that the day is to come when the media gets back at Sarah Ferguson via her two daughters.

A lot of journalists, especially Royal reporters and their editors, are really conservative in their views and surely believe that the majority of Britons think along similar lines: how can it be that a lady who was divorced out of the Royal family due to her notorious behaviour, who is disliked by the Duke of Edinburgh and not openly recognized anymore by the queen, how can this lady live so very comfortably at the fringes of Royal life while making money out of her status and enjoy her life?

I believe the Mail had these stories for quite some time now but waited for the right moment to publish them. IMHO the "Mother of the year"-award ticked them off. But still the public thinks that Beatrice is just an innocent child and Sarah is how she is so they didn't explode a bomb with their articles. But that is bound to change and IMHO Beatrice must be very careful on protecting her reputation.

Some people only learn by making mistakes. You can't try to warn them about potentially bad people/situations. Maybe Bea needs to learn this lesson the hard way.

RubyPrincess168 said:
Some people only learn by making mistakes. You can't try to warn them about potentially bad people/situations. Maybe Bea needs to learn this lesson the hard way.

In a way, i feel sorry for her because she seems like such a good soul who just wants the best for her mother. However, she is maybe a bit too naive and i think that she may be making the same mistake again with her current boyfriend. Even though he may not reveal all in an interview, i think it is really naive of her at this age to be dating a guy who is that much older than her.
I agree she needs to learn her lesson but i hate to say, with the influence of her mother (who i was surprised to hear engineerd the relationship between Bea and Paolo) she is not likely to learn her lesson anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom