The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 06:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR View Post
With regards to the article mentioned above, Prince William was on duty at the time the Indonesian Chief of Defense forces was visiting the British Chief of Defense staff. They went to visit a unit and it so happened they visited the Household Cavalry and Prince William was on duty as the Orderly Officer of the Day at the time. .....
If anything, the officer that introduced the Indonesian CoD to William should shoulder the blame in this case. He should have thought about the implications before introducing those people to Prince William.
The MOD is entirely to blame for this incident and knows it. No other Junior Officer would have been introduced to any visitor and as the MOD knew who the visitors were that day, it should not have happened. The OC was probably overruled when he objected to the suggestion that William be appointed Orderly Officer that day and indeed introduced. William was in no way to blame.

It is so much easier to lay the blame at the RF's feet, than at the governments (MOD), where it actually belongs.

Old 12-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Courtier

The Prince of Wales - Prince William learns about wider Army role

new photo released by Clarence House

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...1197643241.jpg

Old 12-16-2007, 07:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

PRINCE William is being headhunted to become chief of the legendary SAS force, motto Who Dares Wins.
Senior officers in the crack army regiment have invited the 25-year-old prince to take over as their new Colonel-in-Chief

Prince set to head SAS
Old 12-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Royal Highness

I just wondering if Prince William would become a professional soldier if he gets into an area of the military that would give him a passion for it? It is just a thought that I had. His father, Prince Charles will be a hard act to follow.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Nobility

Why is that Senior officers in SAS want their new Colonel-in-Chief? Just because he is a young royal and Second in line for the throne or because he is good junior officer and has interest in the SAS. What is an equerry? Why use th tern headhunted? I think do some training with them maybe enough to be able to wear the wings.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:18 PM

^ An equerry is like an aide-de-camp (ADC) and is always a military officer who is attached for a certain period to the Royal Household. The equerry usually comes from the Household Cavalry. I have a friend in England who was in the HC in the 90s and he was an equerry assigned to the Duke of Gloucester and his term, I think, was supposed to be three years. Although..... he left their service before that because they "didn't see eye to eye," is all he will say. He is very mature about it, will not say a nasty thing about them, which I admire so much.

Prince William and Prince Harry have an equerry I think. Before he was promoted to their private secretary, Lowther-Pinkerton was their equerry. The statements about William's trip to NZ in 2005 always referred to L-P as his equerry.

Mark Dyer is or was equerry to Prince Charles, though I think now he doubles as an aide for PW and PH.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Royal Highness

I wonder if the SAS might suit his personality to do it professionally after the air force and navy in 2008.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Prince William leaving Boujis NightClub London, England - 12.12.07

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
For those who want to know more about Boujis and Mahiki clubs:
Bouji on down - Times Online

Bouji on down

Nightclubs Boujis and Mahiki are like second homes for the young royals. What makes them special?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:12 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Everybody is individually stylish in an utterly homogenous way.
Sums up the whole partying 20-something crowd for me, but then I'm a oldfarty 40-something.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
For those who want to know more about Boujis and Mahiki clubs:
Boujis doesn't sound like a comfortable place to socialize.
Mahiki sounds like a better place.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:11 PM
Courtier

Boy's night out for William as Kate flies abroad

He look so drunk and tired

Boys' night out for Prince William as Kate flies abroad | the Daily Mail
Old 12-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64 View Post
Guys, I just wish someone in his family would help him with what I believe is going to become a major drinking problem. With drink, smoking, or coffee getting hooked on a lot of it is very easy, but hard to quit.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
I wonder if the SAS might suit his personality to do it professionally after the air force and navy in 2008.
He will not be offered a professional (working) position in the SAS, who rely on anonymity.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I'm surprised any of them were allowed into Tramp without ties!
Old 12-20-2007, 07:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:

He look so drunk and tired

I think that's the best he's looked in awhile...yes he looks beat but at least he doesn't look so horsey and bald.

And also what kind of exclusive club gives themselves the name Tramp...sounds skanky...LOL
Old 12-26-2007, 10:09 AM
Nobility

I am not sure where to post this, but it has several questions about Prince William and many other British Royals as well.

Take the quiz from the Daily Mirror and see how you do

Have we got gossip for you... | the Daily Mail

Roll up, roll up, it's time for the great Daily Mail Diary Christmas Quiz, much copied but never bettered. Test your knowledge on the treasure trove of scoops published here about the powerful, the privileged and the rich who have graced and, yes, disgraced our world of gossip over the past year.

Compiled from nearly 2,000 items, who said this, who did that and to whom? Look out for trick questions. There's a case of fabulous Veuve Clicquot champagne for the first randomly picked winner and a bottle each for the six runners-up. Send your answers on a postcard, please, or e-mail diaryquiz@dailymail.co.uk by January 6. Good luck!
Old 01-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Courtier

Page Six Blind Item...

Quote:
WHICH gorgeous daughter of a foreign-born billionaire had a fling last year with Prince William? While their families don't get along, and she could never marry the future King of England the hookup between their clans was not unprecedented.
Camilla Al-Fayed! I have no other guesses...scandalous but not surprising...
Old 01-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Aristocracy

How would the NY Post get this with all off the English tabs making no mention??? Nope, don't think so. If there was another link between the Al Fayed's and the Windsors Mohammed Al Fayed would make very sure that it got out in the English media. So I don't believe it (though Camilla looks great and has the proper name for a royal affair !).
Old 01-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Nobility

William is to start his flying lessons next week I guess. That's good since it is a life long dream of his, he won't be able to drink as much I heard.
The Royalist - Flying Officer Wales To Reach For The Skies
Old 01-03-2008, 10:02 PM

Whatas the point? If he cant be solider, hwopw can be an airman?