The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Nobility

How long had it been sice there had pictures of walking around after shopping or whatever?

Old 10-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
Except banquet manageresses of top hotels... I guess the ladies responisble for the banquets at The Langham or The Ritz knows exactly how these things are done. But could she "tame William"?
Believe it or not even at the very best hotels they do not have the training of the palace staff although if the staff ever leave the palace employment they are snatched up as private butlers or major duomos for the extreme wealthy. The Ritz may have them as guests but entertaining at that level is always done in a palace or embassy or private home. Hotels may do a certain level of galas with a certain level of royalty present but not the level that the Queen entertains when she holds a formal event.

Old 10-30-2006, 04:05 PM
Courtier

more photo.. I made my imageshack.. here is...

http://img123.imageshack.us/my.php?i...0302006iy7.jpg
Old 10-30-2006, 04:41 PM
Serene Highness

[quote=karla64]more photo.. I made my imageshack.. here is...

http://img123.imageshack.us/my.php?i...0302006iy7.jpg[
/quote]

Beautiful photo. With or without William she will be successful. This photo speaks volumes about her personality and confidence. JMO
Old 10-30-2006, 07:02 PM
Nobility

I like the top part of her outfit (esp the necklace). But I think the pants are too low rise and tight for the jacket.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress
With a grandmother whose last name was Goldsmith, is it possible that Kate has some jewish roots?
I think I read something about that? She also looks like her hair is more naturally curly (not that this connected at alll) but at least that she is something more than English
Old 10-30-2006, 07:28 PM
Royal Highness

karla64, do you know when the photo was taken? Kate seems to have gotten her "look" pulled together. Most of the casual outfits seems similar.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by regardez
I think I read something about that? She also looks like her hair is more naturally curly (not that this connected at alll) but at least that she is something more than English

Is Kate English? Where is she from or raised? I thought someone said she was from Kentucky or something like that. Is she an American? Is there some place I can go to read a little bi-op on her?

Thanks.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha

Is Kate English? Where is she from or raised? I thought someone said she was from Kentucky or something like that. Is she an American? Is there some place I can go to read a little bi-op on her?

Thanks.
You can try www.wikipedia.org and type in Kate middleton and search
Old 10-31-2006, 12:16 AM
Commoner

Kate sure loves wearing boots!
Old 10-31-2006, 12:30 AM
Aristocracy

Thank for the nice pics!
Kate looks fine, I like the shirt she had.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha

Thanks.
Try the profiles on Hello. I know that she was raised in Berkshire and is English.
Also, she appears on the front cover of Hello this week amid speculation of an impending wedding. Having read the report, it's just the usual speculative bumph with nothing new to add in my opinion.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou
Believe it or not even at the very best hotels they do not have the training of the palace staff although if the staff ever leave the palace employment they are snatched up as private butlers or major duomos for the extreme wealthy. The Ritz may have them as guests but entertaining at that level is always done in a palace or embassy or private home. Hotels may do a certain level of galas with a certain level of royalty present but not the level that the Queen entertains when she holds a formal event.
That's right, but at least here in Germany it's part of the training hotel staff going for top positions receives when attending specialized colleges. It's the same training in protocoll and rules etc. than the diplomatic personell receives, mostly done by the same instructors. In former time Switzerland and especially the Geneva area was know for their schools who trained top hotel employees. I once was told by the late Marianne Kaltenbach, who was the Grande Dame of Switzerland's hospitality that some of the instructors made quite some extra money on teaching the young ladies from the finishing "institutes" at the lake how to deal with (and instruct if necessary) their future staff. In Germany there are courses for the spouses of future ambassadors as well who have to learn the art of preparing galas and banquets - though they receive help from their staff, of course.
I was talking about top employees of first class hotels who have sucessfully finished their training and have worked with experienced people before being selected for such a position.

I mean, you don't think that one can learn the formalities of top class events only by watching the queen controlling her staff or from the queen's staff? I agree that there are only few people with the necessary knowledge but there is more than one place where one can learn about that and there is more than one place where this knowledge is essential.

I have no doubt that the RF will find a person to instruct Ms. Middleton if the need arises how to deal with her then upcoming duties. I guess Lady Diana Spencer knew at least the basics from her time spent in a finishing school in Switzerland.

IIRC - Skydragon, haven't you been to such a school yourself? I seem to recall you once even mentioned the name - it was at the lake of Geneva, no?
So maybe you want to step in and tell us first-hand.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:48 AM
Aristocracy

Call me crazy, but doesn't she kind of look like Mean Girls-era Lindsay Lohan in the second one?
Old 10-31-2006, 08:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
That's right, but at least here in Germany it's part of the training hotel staff going for top positions receives when attending specialized colleges. It's the same training in protocoll and rules etc. than the diplomatic personell receives, mostly done by the same instructors. In former time Switzerland and especially the Geneva area was know for their schools who trained top hotel employees. I once was told by the late Marianne Kaltenbach, who was the Grande Dame of Switzerland's hospitality that some of the instructors made quite some extra money on teaching the young ladies from the finishing "institutes" at the lake how to deal with (and instruct if necessary) their future staff. In Germany there are courses for the spouses of future ambassadors as well who have to learn the art of preparing galas and banquets - though they receive help from their staff, of course.
I was talking about top employees of first class hotels who have sucessfully finished their training and have worked with experienced people before being selected for such a position.

I mean, you don't think that one can learn the formalities of top class events only by watching the queen controlling her staff or from the queen's staff? I agree that there are only few people with the necessary knowledge but there is more than one place where one can learn about that and there is more than one place where this knowledge is essential.

I have no doubt that the RF will find a person to instruct Ms. Middleton if the need arises how to deal with her then upcoming duties. I guess Lady Diana Spencer knew at least the basics from her time spent in a finishing school in Switzerland.

IIRC - Skydragon, haven't you been to such a school yourself? I seem to recall you once even mentioned the name - it was at the lake of Geneva, no?
So maybe you want to step in and tell us first-hand.
THanks Jo I think the US is just starting to do more in their hotel schools. A protocal school has started with franchaises in the US to teach young ladies proper protocal etc. I guess their mum's are clueless because alot has to do with which fork to use! Quite a sorry state here!
Old 10-31-2006, 12:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
karla64, do you know when the photo was taken? Kate seems to have gotten her "look" pulled together. Most of the casual outfits seems similar.
I think it taken last weekend..It said last Oct 27th.. I am not sure...
Old 10-31-2006, 12:47 PM
Courtier

Svelte Kate turns heads on Chelsea shopping spree.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...ate-middleton/

new cover on hellomagazine..

William and kate Are preparations under way for the perfect royal wedding????

http://www.hellomagazine.com/magazin.../30/0943cover/
Old 10-31-2006, 03:28 PM
Nobility

I think that if I were Kate I would indeed be a little irritated. It's to be expected, but it's still annoying to have a camera shoved in your face even when you don't want to deal with it.

I do like her outfit, though. The caption on the first picture says the pictures were taken on last Friday morning. She definitely looks like she's on her way somewhere. The caption on the 'matress' photos says that the pictures were snapped over the weekend, so the 2 events aren't actually related.
It must be horrifying to be followed they way royalty and celebrities are followed and spied up by the paparazzi.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:24 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Or they were the ones they selected to make her look bad!
imo, i think media is trying to make her look good so they can sell stories. so people can look up to her and admire her as she is a wonderful princess-in-waiting.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:28 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3
I like the top part of her outfit (esp the necklace). But I think the pants are too low rise and tight for the jacket.
we share the same opinion.

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton