Kate Middleton Current Events 12: September-November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TonyaR said:
Of course, it could be that she never expressed a preference and the tabloid story is just bunk.
I'd bet the article about Kate trying to keep William from being friends with Guy is a lot of hooey also.

Oh, it must be true, it was the stalwarts of accuracy and honesty, Whittaker, The Mail and then The Royalist! :lol:

Laviollette said:
I've read that it was Kate herself who changed her name from "Catherine" in high school, according to her friend Jemma Williamson in People magazine last year. I'll have to find it to be more accurate. It seems now that it is Kate, her family who call her Catherine, according to the Daily Mail, the courtiers who are trying to marry William off at 24 (he's still a baby!) or the media who are now trying to re-make her into the more regal Catherine now that she's dating William. The media at least are hoping for some huge wedding next year.
I went back and read a few things about how "Catherine" became "Kate." At Marlborough College she was referred to as Catherine and this is confirmed by her "friend" Gemma Williamson, who hasn't seen Catherine since 2000.

Daily Mail: The remaking of Kate http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=360562&in_page_id=1770&in_a_source==)

She became "Kate," somehow, at St. Andrews. But doesn't William call her Kate, and how does the media universally call someone Kate if they are actually universally called Catherine? Diana was called "Di" on occasion but everyone knew she was called Diana by her friends and family and that sometimes she was called Duch. Why does no one refer to Kate as Catherine, ever? Well except now all of a sudden she's Catherine. Btw, I always liked Catherine better anyway. I don't know why so many Catherines/Katherines allow themselves to be called Kate.

Last edited:
Tzu An said:
I think it's silly. If she's been called Kate all the time through school and until recently with no problem, why is she now finding a problem with it?
The only problem with your tirade is it's inaccurate. She wasn't called "Kate" all the time through school, she was called Catherine by friends, classmates, as well as her immediate family. It's her name. If she prefers to be called by her proper name, so what.:rolleyes:

Laviollette said:
But doesn't William call her Kate, and how does the media universally call someone Kate if they are actually universally called Catherine?

Do we actually know if William calls her Kate, Catherine or even Bongo? (you can blame Elspeth for that name. :lol: )

The media, as most of us know, are a law unto themselves. :evil: :nuke:

Skydragon said:
Do we actually know if William calls her Kate, Catherine or even Bongo? (you can blame Elspeth for that name. :lol: )

That's Bozo, not Bongo. :lol:

Questions

About the Daily Mail article/Duke of Cambridge title rumor:
This article does not say who the informant is. They do not say "according to Palace spokesperson....." Has a Palace spokesperson said this? It makes perfect sense, I don't see why they couldn't use that title, but I just want to know if it is a sure thing or just speculation.

About Guy Pelly and Kate:
My guess is that Kate really did "have words" with him, but I believe it must have been blown way out of proportion. There is no way to know what the "words" were or how serious it was. It was probably just that Kate was annoyed by something he did, said she would "have words" and they talked and are fine. I'm sure they are friends and she doesn't try to discourage any of William's friendships without very good reason. It seems to me that the media just somehow got wind of Kate's words traveling through the rumor mill and they took them and made this story out of nothing at all.
She must have said the words; they were just taken out of context. That's what I think about it, anyway.

Avalon said:
In that picture they look pale green to me!:lol: ;)

They looked grey to me! :lol: In other photos they look brown, perhaps she has hazel eyes! :ROFLMAO:

Tzu An said:
It's so much fun though.

It is indeed.

I still want to know where the Daily Mail got their Duke of Cambridge info. from. The writer did not state his source. If he gotten the info. from the palace press office he would have said, "says/according to a palace spokesperson..." It's strange, because it seems logical. There is no reason why the story can't be true, but why does the writer not cite his source?

Oh lord! Believe what you want. I personally believe they are blue, but apparently they are also pale green, grey, and hazel. I guess we'll agree to disagree. What does it matter anyway what color her eyes are?

HRHAmy said:
Oh lord! Believe what you want. I personally believe they are blue, but apparently they are also pale green, grey, and hazel. I guess we'll agree to disagree. What does it matter anyway what color her eyes are?
It doesn't matter what color her eyes are but this just adds to the appearance of remaking Kate. All of a sudden she's Catherine after becoming Kate at college and now her clearly non-blue eyes are being passed off as blue. There is a feeling of manipulation going on here.

It's a bit early on for conspiracy theories, isn't it?

I find Kate to being an attractive young lady. Im not so sure about her fashion but its okay. Its abit dissapointing how people are after her for pictures, she needs sometime without it. Its going to be a real shame if what happened to Diana happens to her.
Id love to see her marrying William, i see them as a great couple very much in love

She could very well have been wearing coloured contact lenses, for fun.

Laviollette said:
Not conspiracy. Manipulation.
To what end? Manipulation without a goal is pointless.

I don't understand. What is the big deal if she is wearing contacts or not?
:unsure:

CasiraghiTrio said:
I don't understand. What is the big deal if she is wearing contacts or not?
:unsure:

Ahhh, this all started because someone asked if her eyes were brown or blue. :ROFLMAO: , with various posts showing different pictures, showing a variety of colours (according to the settings on your computer I think), nobody could agree whether they were blue, brown, hazel, green or what. How that became conspiracy, manipulation or contacts, I am not sure! :ROFLMAO: I just hope she doesn't buy lizard eye contacts, that would put the cat among the pigeons!

Skydragon said:
Ahhh, this all started because someone asked if her eyes were brown or blue.
See what happens when news is thin on the ground? Fertile imaginations run riot, and before you know it, Kate is up to her neck in conspiracies and "manipulation". First her name, then her eyes. Whatever next? Chameleon Kate? :)

Well, now I can't resist prooffering my opinion on the Eyes question.
I think they're a dark grey color naturally. Sometimes she might have bluish contacts to brighten them up. It's funny how sometimes grey eyes can look green in certain lights, and vice versa. I have hazel eyes but they are mostly green and can seem grey under some lights.

i bet if you dig deep enough we'll find a story saying that kate can change her eye colour on a whim

Duchess said:
i bet if you dig deep enough we'll find a story saying that kate can change her eye colour on a whim
I thought that's a prerequisite for any princess-to-be. :lol:

I can't believe we're on to part 12 of the current events of someone who doesn't seem to do that much! :)

Ever since the book on Kate and picture of Kate looking at William loving came out - there is no trace of Kate in the news. Has anyone else notice that?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom