Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 6: March-June 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im sure Prince Edward and Sophie wont let her daughter bring to windsor horse show i respect Sophie for BIG more reason! because she wanted her daughter stay away from spotlight include colour troops if she and Edward wanted her daughter bring next month wait and see!

Sara Boyce

Maybe Sophie and Edward have made a descion to keep Louise out of the spotlight.With her cousins quite a bit older there is really no reason for her to be at public events.

About the Countess of Wessex was reported on UK TV this week by the opera singer Katherine Jenkins.

If you throw your mind back to early March a special event celebrating music was held at Buckingham Palace, among the guests were Katherine Jenkins and the young jazz star Jamie Cullum. The Queen and The Countess of Wessex were among the royals present that day and mingling with the guests, when Jamie Cullum was conversing with the Countess, he had no idea who she was and asked her how she came to work at the palace and was the Queen a nice boss!

Katherine Jenkins reported that the Countess took it totally in her stride and pointed out that the Queen was her mother-in-law and a very good boss. Apparently the Countess found it all very funny.

I though I'd share this little anecdote about Sophie, I think she seems a really nice, down to earth lady, it’s a shame we haven’t really got the opportunity to get to know her as well as we did the wives of her husband’s brothers. I don’t think Sophie could be called a sister-in-law to Diana and Sarah, can she? Unfortunately Getty has no pictures of Jamie Cullum and the Countess but there is one of him meeting the Queen

HMQueenElizabethII said:
About the Countess of Wessex was reported on UK TV this week by the opera singer Katherine Jenkins.

If you throw your mind back to early March a special event celebrating music was held at Buckingham Palace, among the guests were Katherine Jenkins and the young jazz star Jamie Cullum. The Queen and The Countess of Wessex were among the royals present that day and mingling with the guests, when Jamie Cullum was conversing with the Countess, he had no idea who she was and asked her how she came to work at the palace and was the Queen a nice boss!

Katherine Jenkins reported that the Countess took it totally in her stride and pointed out that the Queen was her mother-in-law and a very good boss. Apparently the Countess found it all very funny.

I though I'd share this little anecdote about Sophie, I think she seems a really nice, down to earth lady, it’s a shame we haven’t really got the opportunity to get to know her as well as we did the wives of her husband’s brothers. I don’t think Sophie could be called a sister-in-law to Diana and Sarah, can she? Unfortunately Getty has no pictures of Jamie Cullum and the Countess but there is one of him meeting the Queen

very nice articles,HMQueenElizabethII

but Sophie never close to late Diana and Sarah because she never had sister-in-law but i think Sophie did met Diana? before Diana's death in 1997 or she never met Sarah,Duchess of York? but Diana and Sarah both had split in 1992 and divorces in 1996 also before Sophie dating with Prince Edward in 1993.

but Sophie still obey her mother in law very much since she got married to Edward in June 1999 but Sophie still close to her mother in law lots im sure! if im correct or im mistakes?

Sara Boyce

Yes i thinks so,Sara.The Countess seems very close to The Queen and has very good relationship.I often see The Queen usually goes with her lovely daughter-in-law the Countess at Christmas Service.

More pics of Sophie visited to Childline:

Attachments

• nn0013390.jpg
    nn0013390.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 129
  • nn0013392.jpg
    nn0013392.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 134
  • nn0013393.jpg
    nn0013393.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 186
  • nn0013394.jpg
    nn0013394.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 129
  • nn0013387.jpg
    nn0013387.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 148
Thanks lots corazon.That's really great site.Have you registered to it?I just registered but i still wait and i do not know will they accept because i'm still a student.

And still more, :) There's are from Rex Features and Getty Images. What makes me think that Edward and Sophie have the cold.

Attachments

• newl9.jpg
    newl9.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 506
  • newp1.jpg
    newp1.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 501
  • newp2.jpg
    newp2.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 506
  • newp3.jpg
    newp3.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 502
  • newp5.jpg
    newp5.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 502
  • newp6.jpg
    newp6.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 500
  • getty1.jpg
    getty1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 169
  • getty2.jpg
    getty2.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 144
  • getty3.jpg
    getty3.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 141
  • getty7.jpg
    getty7.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
And finally. Wow, I think that is enough to make everyone happy about the coverage the Wessex's received this weekend. I happy the whole Rhys-Jones appears to have been there. Does Sophie and Edward invite them themselves or does it have to be an invite from the Queen, like for Ascot?

Attachments

• getty8.jpg
    getty8.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 119
  • getty9.jpg
    getty9.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 135
  • windsor-dop1a.jpg
    windsor-dop1a.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Well the problem with the coverage is, we got photos , but not a single newspaper reported anything about this obvious family bliss. The press coverage Edward got this weekend was the one about him getting his too big estate for too little money. You know Mark Bolland isn't there anymore but I think there are still spin doctors in the background trying to let Edward and Sophie and Andrew look bad in contrast to C&C.:( :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way if Sophie isn't pregnant she sure took on a bit of weight.

what sweet hold hands with her nephews i love that pictures!

Sara Boyce

I have found some pics of the Wessexes couple in Manchester::)

Attachments

• Insight_may05_gallery_pan_large.jpg
    Insight_may05_gallery_pan_large.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 169
  • Insight_may05_gallery_school_large.jpg
    Insight_may05_gallery_school_large.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 123
Some more photos of Windsor Horse Show:

Attachments

• gamma116771.jpg
    gamma116771.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 152
  • showcasepix498514.jpg
    showcasepix498514.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 174
  • showcasepix498517.jpg
    showcasepix498517.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 166
  • showcasepix498520.jpg
    showcasepix498520.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 161
i really like the Countess, she looks really nice, and kind.
i dont think she's gonna have another baby, she had so much difficulty in the past and her age may make it quite risky for her to try again.
what's wrong with Lady Louise's eyes?

Edward at the Royalist Regatta

Here is a photo of Edward at the regatta on Thursday. :)

Attachments

• port.bmp
    113.5 KB · Views: 77
Sophie, Countess of Wessex THE SPLASH BALL HELD AT THE RIVER AND ROWING MUSEUM, HENLEY ON THAMES, BRITAIN - 21 MAY 2005

Attachments

• sophie1.JPG
    sophie1.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 203
  • sophie2.JPG
    sophie2.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 225
  • sophie3.JPG
    sophie3.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 230
It is the dress she wore to Mette-Marit´s and Haakon´s wedding. She looked gorgeous twice...:)

Attachments

• haakon44#.jpg
    haakon44#.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 230
  • haakon45#.jpg
    haakon45#.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 248
The Countess has really much belly in this photo:) Is that because of the dress or some other reason?

Attachments

• is_10944356.jpg
    is_10944356.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 268
But if she not standing straight,it also can not be as big like that,she does looks like 3-4 months pregnant.

Trick of the light

Bubbette said:
I think she's just not standing straight.
and beacuse the fabric is shiny, where the light doesn't hit the dress it appears dark, and comes out black in the photo. Which gives a distorted look, which then gives rise to pregnancy speculation. Photos can lie.

That dress is cut so that she looks pregnant every time she wears it. She wore it to Haakon's wedding in August 2001 and looked pregnant then, too, even though she couldn't have been if she was only 6 weeks along when the ectopic pregnancy ended in December. It's just a poorly designed dress in fabric that doesn't work for her figure,\.

i got news from Sun newspaper check it out!

Sophie's mum had tumor cancer
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2005230647,00.html for info story

but i cant post that pictures and articles because of having troubles with my computers! but i can copy with telegraph newspaper and BBC newspaper,etc.

Sara Boyce

sara1981 said:
i got news from Sun newspaper check it out!

Sophie's mum had tumor cancer
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2005230647,00.html for info story

but i cant post that pictures and articles because of having troubles with my computers! but i can copy with telegraph newspaper and BBC newspaper,etc.

Sara Boyce
I'm really sorry for the Countess about that.:(

There are no pics of the Earl and the Countess at Chelsea Flower Show yesterday?I just seen Sara's picture.There are no pics of the Countess at Chelsea Flower Show yesterday from Getty,Rex, AAP or Newscom yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom