Catherine Middleton Current Events 1: November 2010-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Raleigh International website :
The Raleigh International global community congratulates Prince William and Catherine Middleton on their engagement. Both Prince William and Catherine are Raleigh alumni - Prince William went out with Raleigh International in 2000 and Catherine in 2001. The couple, like all Raleigh participants, love adventure, are keen on community service and willing to go beyond their comfort zones and be tested. They both worked with young people from different backgrounds on community projects, developing an understanding and shared commitment to making a difference. Prince William raised enough money to support another young person from a disadvantaged background on a Raleigh expedition.
With a focus on personal development Raleigh enables young people to work on genuinely needed and sustainable environmental and community projects whilst at the same time concentrating on enhancing life skills and confidence.

Kate already learning the ropes...

The Press Association: Top royal adviser to prepare Kate

Royal bride-to-be Kate Middleton will receive advice from one of Prince William's key aides as she prepares for life as a member of the monarchy.
Sir David Manning, a seasoned diplomat who acts as an adviser to Princes William and Harry, will offer years of experience to Miss Middleton on a host of issues.

Sir David was then-prime minister Tony Blair's key aide on foreign policy in the run-up to the 2003 Iraq war and was Britain's ambassador to America for four years until 2007. He was appointed as an adviser to the two princes in 2009 by the Queen, a move which followed a similar decision taken by her when, as Princess Elizabeth, she had an experienced general join her fledgling office before she ascended the throne.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dissertations

Kate graduate at st andrews with Honors. Scroll down at M

Thanks for the info. Wow she chose a tough and controversial topic. Lewis Carroll's photography of nude children has been the subject of much debate in recent years. Some think it was signs of pedophilia and others saying that under Victoria morals of the time, nude children were a representation of innocence. Any way I won't bore you all with this, but it is a very very fascinating topic. Getting honors in it means that what ever her thesis, she did an excellent job of defending it.

Gads! It looks like those boots are back.

Oh well. Camilla looks nice though.

That's what I thought too. Not those boots again. :lol:

I do like Kate's outfit though.

Last edited:
I'm just happy she's out again. The boots.... well "blame" it on the weather :p

Gads! It looks like those boots are back.

Oh well. Camilla looks nice though.

I just think that she must get a new pair of these boots every year. They simply can't have lasted this long! :ROFLMAO::whistling:

Also, I say good for them for going out...as it would have probably been easier to do lunch at Clarence House but why not step out every once in a while.

Last edited:
I love seeing them together! And I take a personal pleasure in seeing newspapers starting to refer to both Camilla and Kate as our future "Queens" ;)

Haha, I love those boots now. Love how they never fail to get commented on. Those boots are famous! :lol:

Nice to see them hanging out, having lunch or whatever. I'm sure Camilla must have a large amount of useful info/advice for Kate. :)

My question about this lunch meeting is why was it done in public? Why not at St. James or Clarence with more privacy?

I don't get the problem w/the boots. They look pretty stylish *and* comfy to me.

I don't get the problem w/the boots. They look pretty stylish *and* comfy to me.

No legit problem, its just in the past it seemed like Kate wore them EVERYWHERE. There are pictures of her in them when the paps were swarming her like crazy a couple of years ago, when William got his RAF wings and probably like 10 other occassions:whistling:

Its a pretty basic classic black suede boot that I am sure stays in style.

Like the skirt not the jacket.

Personally, I love the boots - they're cute, age and weather appropriate, on trend, and classic - but I know people like variety. ;)

And this may hurt, but I don't see Kate's boots disappearing any time soon. I was in the UK a few weeks ago and every third (maybe second) person was wearing them or something similar. I felt massively out of place without a pair. I also hate to share that 98% of the people in London were wearing black. Only tourists wore color. Lol. So I don't see that trend disappearing until at least spring. :D

My question about this lunch meeting is why was it done in public? Why not at St. James or Clarence with more privacy?

Indeed, I was having the same thoughts. I suppose they wanted people to know about their get-together!

I agree, I think they're fine. The only criticism I have of them is that she wears them so much that it's a bit boring - but then I have a go-to pair of boots myself, so I can certainly understand.

No problem. The boots are actually cute. It just seemed like she just used to wear them all the time.

omg! I feel like a fly on the wall!

There was one moment which was clearly meant to be amusing when Kate said “what happens if William doesn’t turn up?’’

:lol:

That's hilarious.

Maybe they simply wanted to have a meal out. It can be boring to always eat at home.

Like all brides-to-be though the discussion turned to the wedding - of course - but I am sure they discussed other things as well.

It also sends a message that Kate and Camilla get along and that could also mean that William is comfortable with Camilla or else he would have warned Kate not to be seen to be too close to Camilla. Whether any message was intended is unknown of course but it does make that suggestion.

The boots are not the same.They are black, her famous one were brown. and the heel is a very little higher and on the foot there are "coutures" when the former one hd not.

I like that they seem to have a good relationship with each other. Maybe Camilla is helping Catherine out on the in's & out's of royal life. Maybe the DoC has taken her under her wing. It's a nice thing to see that she's getting along well her soon-to-be step-mom in-law.

It's nice that Camilla brought Laura and Catherine her sister Pippa.

I'm sorry but i had to say: her thighs are just tooooo thin:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom